SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-08-22, 12:18 PM   #1441
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Herr Kaleuns,

be advised that there is an unexpected logic error in the Black Sea Flotilla home ported in Contanza, Romania.

when you reach the end of the life of the port in August 1944, you should be ordered to scuttle your boat and retire. instead, you are given a Type XXIII, still based in Contanza and when you shove off on your next mission, SH4 takes a CTD.

if you reach this point, definitely refuse the boat upgrade and end your career.

i'll have to take a look at the logic again and try and figure out what we mis-calculated.

Check the "Command" dates, versus the Base dates, versus the Type IIB dates. I thought we had done a "fix" for that, but it probably did not go out in time for the v6 mix. Specifically, the Command (ID=30Flotilla") has
AvailabilityInterval=1942-09-21, 1944-09-01
While the base Constanza has
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, 1944-08-25 pre-dating the Command
and the Type IIB submarine has
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, NULL
In effect, what happens, is that the boat with the NULL, NULL follows the Base date of 1944-08-25 and is terminated then. However, since you are still assigned to "30Flotilla" (the ID line) for the actual Command, you then are in need of a Submarine with which to patrol in, so the game, out of the kindness of its heart, grants you a new one... even though it is an inappropriate assignment and there is no base from which to sail again, the game did in fact, give it to you, and has therefore "done its job". So what if it causes a CTD? meh

To "fix" it, try the Base itself as a NULL, NULL also, so that both the boat and the base follow the Availability of the 30Flotilla Command... maybe... - If that does not work, then change the date of the 30Flotilla to 1942-09-21, 1944-08-24, a day earlier than the Base's demise... I am almost positive though, that the "fix" was to do the NULL, NULL... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 03:50 PM   #1442
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

While on patrol in North Atlantic in Feb 1942, searching for convoys, decided to pull up losses for 1942. While I was aware of heavy overall losses for the war, seeing it broken down by year, especially seeing how losses were relatively low until 1943, when the numbers grew staggering. Quite sobering.

1939- 9 U Boats lost.

1940- 24 U Boats lost

1941-35 U boats lost

1942- 87 U Boats lost

1943- 244 U Boats lost

1944-249 U Boats lost.

1945- 120 U Boats lost.

https://uboat.net/fates/losses/
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 05:21 PM   #1443
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
While on patrol in North Atlantic in Feb 1942, searching for convoys, decided to pull up losses for 1942. While I was aware of heavy overall losses for the war, seeing it broken down by year, especially seeing how losses were relatively low until 1943, when the numbers grew staggering. Quite sobering.

1939- 9 U Boats lost.

1940- 24 U Boats lost

1941-35 U boats lost

1942- 87 U Boats lost

1943- 244 U Boats lost

1944-249 U Boats lost.

1945- 120 U Boats lost.

https://uboat.net/fates/losses/

...of the more than 40,000 men that served on U-boats between 1939 and 1945, fewer than 10,000 survived the war.

Sobering.

M. M.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/ins...t.html?edg-c=1
Old 07-08-22, 09:02 PM   #1444
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
...of the more than 40,000 men that served on U-boats between 1939 and 1945, fewer than 10,000 survived the war.

Sobering.

M. M.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/ins...t.html?edg-c=1

Yes, quite sobering.
Old 07-08-22, 09:49 PM   #1445
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

This mod will test patience lol . Grid AK in North Atlantic, in the convoy routes...almost 50 days on patrol, 41 in area with no contacts lol.
Old 07-08-22, 11:31 PM   #1446
Larry
Watch

Downloads: 1133
Default TOOL HELPER/RULER

Gooday all, trying to fix this but need some good advice please. When I have tool helper on and go to use the ruler the "+" that is to mark the start point is not centered on protractor. If I turn off the tool helper, then use ruler the "+" is centered. I am not good at modeing/coding any help is Greatly Appreciated. Thank You in advance.

I am using

Silent Hunter 4 V1.5 (STEAM)
Ops Monsun V705 patched to V720
OM V720 patch 5
OM Dark Waters 6
900 Dark WatersV6 Errors Mod
OM PlotV415
Old 07-08-22, 11:32 PM   #1447
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Apparently US DD's have the same invincible qualities as enemy DD's in TMO.

Torpedoed a Fletcher "down the throat" but torpedo hit the side when it turned, it left me alone but did not sink no visible damage.

Torpedoed a second down the throat, hit him right in the bow, he shrugged it off!! lol Ugh.
Old 07-09-22, 12:20 AM   #1448
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Gooday all, trying to fix this but need some good advice please. When I have tool helper on and go to use the ruler the "+" that is to mark the start point is not centered on protractor. If I turn off the tool helper, then use ruler the "+" is centered. I am not good at modeing/coding any help is Greatly Appreciated. Thank You in advance.

I am using

Silent Hunter 4 V1.5 (STEAM)
Ops Monsun V705 patched to V720
OM V720 patch 5

OM Dark Waters 6
900 Dark WatersV6 Errors Mod
OM PlotV415
Don't know if this will solve your problem, but for Dark Waters you DON'T need Operation Monsoon.

Quote:
Only 1 mod to activate! Original OM is included in Dark Waters.
Old 07-09-22, 07:49 PM   #1449
Larry
Watch

Downloads: 1133
Default TOOL HELPER/RULER

Japlance
Thank you for the reply will give that a go and see if it works. Much Appreciated.

Larry

Last edited by Larry; 07-11-22 at 02:05 PM.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-22, 08:38 PM   #1450
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Trying to add some historical convoy battles...HX-72, HX-79, SC-7 etc along with proper messages, AI subs for wolfpack attack into the campaign.

Need to merge the patrol grid into the ME (without saving) so can place ships accurately. In PTO, the campaign.NMS had the patrol areas, but not sure here, no the campaign.loc. Any idea which file can be merged in so can see where the grids are?
Old 07-10-22, 08:31 AM   #1451
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Trying to add some historical convoy battles...HX-72, HX-79, SC-7 etc along with proper messages, AI subs for wolfpack attack into the campaign.

Need to merge the patrol grid into the ME (without saving) so can place ships accurately. In PTO, the campaign.NMS had the patrol areas, but not sure here, no the campaign.loc. Any idea which file can be merged in so can see where the grids are?
i believe the zone-grid is a graphic and not an MIS file.
i believe Atlantic Grid map is a combination of C:\Ubisoft\Dark Waters\MODS\100 OM_DarkWaters_V6\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex\g1Compl eteMap.dds and the text files located in C:\Ubisoft\Dark Waters\MODS\100 OM_DarkWaters_V6\Data\Menu\KGrid, although i do NOT know HOW they are combined to display what we see in the Nav Map.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 07-10-22 at 08:41 AM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 10:35 AM   #1452
propbeanie

There is a web site, which I cannot find just now (my "search" skills have apparently deteriorated), that describes the grid's layout in lat/long terms for some of the major divides, and describes the distances between the lines... You can then use the bottom border of the ME to see your mouse pointer's lat/long location, and do some "rough" routing that way. Note though, that there were some missions lurker did, as well as several that we did with Fifi that are off by several kilometers, and sometimes hundreds of kilometers, so that is why some of the "orders" text is not accurate. Some are due to the grid system and its idiosyncrasies, and others are due to math calculation issues ( ) on the part of the modders... Sometimes, you just have to guess, then run the mission, see where everything is, and then go back into the mis / tsr file and change the text to match the actual game display, or vice versa... One final point, lurker did a LOT of 'historical' convoys in there, so look really close at their GroupNames and make certain he hasn't already done the heavy lifting, and all you need to do is add-in a few AI subs. I do not recall if he put the documentation of the convoys in the mod the way he did RSRDC, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. Look in the Documentatioin and Support folders of OM. The Documentation folder is NOT transferred to the game folders path the way Data and Support are, but would only be found in the mod folder.

Old 07-10-22, 10:46 AM   #1453
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

This one maybe?

https://www.kartengruppe.it/
Old 07-10-22, 10:58 AM   #1454
propbeanie

He has the maps there, but my high skrule German cannot carry me through his left-hand menu... but it looks to be more of a shopping site. He has posted here on SubSim several times, and has some really cool stuff, but somewhere else has the "description" of the system they used to draw those maps. I have found a better search clue here:

https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmar.../feature6.html

so now I am off to look-up "Marinequadratkarte" and "Großquadrate"... lol

Edit: getting closer
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marinequadrat (use Translate)
http://www.uboataces.com/articles-naval-grid.shtml

but still no lat/long that they built the system from... it does get to be a real bother though (at least for me) to have to do calculation math for each coordinate you want to place in the ME... they should have made it to where you could overlay the grid in it...

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-10-22 at 11:08 AM. Reason: links
Old 07-10-22, 11:12 AM   #1455
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Maybe this will be of use.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ziqsd..._maps.rar/file