Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 03-12-16, 02:54 PM   #451
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon14 IN THE 'PINK" BBY!

MY plane of choice! But that's putting it...'Starkley'

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-16, 04:19 AM   #452
Deutschmark
Weps

Downloads: 0

Maybe soon on that one Aktungbby I have asked Voenlet about it
__________________________________________________ ____

Erich Lowenhardt Jasta 10 Fokker D7 skin out today by Voenlet

You can get it here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34950&start=0

Deutschmark
Deutschmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-16, 02:01 PM   #453
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

NICE! in the old Red Baron game, I always felt indestructible in a D.VII The Allies agreed: "The Armistice ending the war specifically required Germany to surrender all D.VIIs to the Allies."
  • Quote:
    • So long as a strong man fully armed guards his own home, his goods are undisturbed; but when someone stronger than himself attacks and defeats him, the stronger man takes away all the weapons he relied on and shares out his spoil. /Luke 11, 21-22/.
    These words of the Gospel of Luke describe perfectly the terms imposed on the defeated Germany by the victorious Entente Powers. Clause four of the Armistice Terms signed on November 11, 1918 ordered the immediate demobilization of the air force and handing over 2000 (1700) aircraft, particularly the Fokker D.VII fighters. The Fokker D.VII was the only aircraft mentioned by its name. Why was that? Why was this type of plane so important to those dictating the terms of the armistice? The answer is both simple and obvious. Performance of the Fokker D.VII was superior to any aircraft used by the victorious powers. It was an aircraft that would highly influence designs of numerous inter-war fighter planes. It was good enough to remain in service with various national air forces until the mid-thirties.
    Quote:
    By January 1918 (the DR.I triplane was becoming dated) During the January tests, Manfred von Richthofen tested the new airplane. While delighted with its maneuverability, he found it a little unstable, especially in a dive. To improve stability, Fokker lengthened the fuselage and added a vertical rudder fin, among other changes. The result was easy to fly, maneuverable, and safe. The Red Baron endorsed it wholeheartedly. The Adlershof trials showed Fokker at his best, quickly modifying the plane to meet requirements, charming the German aces, and (most importantly) delivering a fighter that offered good, all-around performance. Manfred von Richthofen, a great influence on German fighter plane development, looked forward anxiously to the D VII: April 2, 1918:
    "When can I expect to receive the [new] Fokker biplanes with the high compression engines? The superiority of British single-seat and reconnaissance aircraft makes it even more perceptibly unpleasant here. Their single-seaters fight by coming over at high altitudes and staying there. We cannot even shoot at them. Speed is the most important factor. We could shoot down five to ten times as many if we were faster. ... Please give me news soon about when we can count on the new machines."
    Of course, Richthofen never flew the new machine, as he was killed on April 21st.
    Brother Lothar, understandbly overshadowed by his brother, the Red Knight of Germany, also wounded at the time of Manfred's death returned to combat in command of Jasta 11 in a Fokker D.VII July 1918 and added 10 victories to his score while being shot down three more times: antiaircraft fire and twice by those nasty Sopwith Camels. Considering the fate that befell the Red Baron, his description of his brother's severe hip wounding in his autobiography is disturbingly prescient:
    Quote:
    After such a struggle, especially at a low altitude, in the course of which one has so often been twisting and turning, and circling to the right and to the left, the average mortal has no longer the slightest notion of his position. On that day it happened that the air was somewhat misty. The weather was particularly unfavorable. My brother quickly took his bearings and discovered only then that he was a long distance behind the front. He was behind the ridge of Vimy. The top of that hill is about three hundred feet higher than the country around. My brother, so the observers on the ground reported, had disappeared behind the Vimy height.
    It is not a particularly pleasant feeling to fly home over enemy country. One is shot at and cannot shoot back. It is true, however, that a hit is rare.
    My brother [Lothar] approached the line. At a low altitude one can hear every shot that is fired, and firing sounds then very much like the noise made by chestnuts which are being roasted. Suddenly, he felt that he had been hit. That was queer to him....
    There is not a doubt, given Lothar's rashness in combat, that the Fokker D.VII enabled him to survive WWI combat. Considering the amount of time Lothar von Richthofen spent on the front and in hospitals, he was one of the most combat efficient and prolific flying aces of the war, perhaps even more so than his brother Manfred. Of his total of 40 confirmed victories, Lothar scored 33 in just three months: 15 in April 1917, 8 in May 1917, and 10 in August 1918.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 03-15-16, 06:48 AM   #454
Deutschmark
Weps

Great history Aktungbby

Last update before release!

Damage model and texture is done!
This is just one of the many configurations that can happen with the damage model.

Left to do;
A few skins.

This plane could be out by this weekend or before we see how things go.

Deutschmark
Old 03-16-16, 03:47 AM   #455
Deutschmark
Weps

Ernst Udet Albatros D3 skin for Canvas Knights is up for download

You can get it here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34955&start=0

Deutschmark
Old 03-18-16, 06:32 AM   #456
Deutschmark
Weps

The Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter for Canvas Knights is now up for download!

You can get it here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34956&start=0

Hope you all enjoy the Strutter.
Deutschmark
Old 03-21-16, 06:01 AM   #457
Deutschmark
Weps

Fokker E3 Skin Pack out today by Voenlet

You can get it here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34957&start=0

Deutschmark
Old 03-23-16, 05:00 AM   #458
Deutschmark
Weps

And here we go again!

So have your first look at Canvas Knights Roland C2 Walfisch

Still much left to do on her about a week or so and she will be out.
Deutschmark
Old 03-25-16, 04:48 AM   #459
Deutschmark
Weps

Update!

The instruments are now in and working.

The pilots are now in and the guns and rocker arms are now working with animations.

The hit boxes are done and the game just takes all the parts and throws them everywhere
till I get the damage CFG done to govern the game engine on what to do with the parts.

And up up and away we go!

Left to do;
Damage 3D model.
Damage CFG.
Damage texture.
A few skins.

Deutschmark
Old 03-25-16, 12:24 PM   #460
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

U IDIOT! U forgot the rear-view mirror! http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/produ...tid=3109&cat=1 (Amazing they're using captured Lewis guns!) Don't sweat the mirror too much; this BBY was a sitting-duck when attacked from below-the upper wing blocked the pilot's downward visibility. Albert Ball's first kill!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-25-16 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-26-16, 05:58 AM   #461
Deutschmark
Weps

Hi Aktungbby, my only mistake was it should say ( Roland C2a ) and it will when it is put up for download, now I will explain...

There was 2 variants of the Roland a C2 and a C2a.
The C2 had a steering wheel and no front gun and the top part was more rounded and had a rear-view mirror on more then 50% of all photos I looked at, see photo;

The C2a had a control stick and a front gun and the top part was more squared off and in more then 50% of the photos I looked at it did not have a rear-view mirror, see photo;

So that is why you see my model of the Roland C2a without a rear-view mirror.

Deutschmark
Old 03-27-16, 04:37 PM   #462
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

WELL ok...I'll swap the mirror for a little better camo though! and curtains on the windows-painted on! EDIT
Quote:
Late in 1916 the C.II was used for night bombing with four 27.6 lb (12.5 kg) bombs beneath the fuselage.
MY picture shows bombs under the fuselage (Not on the wings) as well? but I cannot find a real photo of a night bomber.

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-27-16 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-29-16, 02:11 AM   #463
Deutschmark
Weps

Small update!

The 4 bombs are now in the correct place under the fuselage.

Deutschmark
Old 03-29-16, 02:23 AM   #464
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Old 03-30-16, 03:06 AM   #465
Deutschmark
Weps

Beamish Camel skin out today by Voenlet

You can get it here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34962&start=0

Deutschmark