SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which version of TSWSM are you looking forward to?
Version 1 156 20.77%
Version 2 79 10.52%
Version 3 29 3.86%
Version 4 77 10.25%
All of them 488 64.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 751. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-08, 04:47 PM   #46
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

hmmm

IJN did both on that fateful day, rearmed below and on the flight deck from the sources I have talked to who interviewed survivors in the IJN during the techncial mission to Japan in 1946, and there was ordinance all over the place hence the vulnearbility.

The chance, huge once in a lifetime shot that hit the Bismark's rudder is still the subject of drinks at reunions as fewer and fewer gather.....everyone knew and knows that was not something that could have been planned or counted on . Without that event, the first cruise of the Bismark might have been only the first of many, for she was a formidable force and the doctrine they were testing might indeed have forced changes in doctrine on both sides. If indeed she had effective air cover much would have been different and the support for air for the navy would have gotten past the fat fool who convinced Hitler to allow substandard air for the GZ. Ah so many ifs.

There were more carriers planned, but as noted, only one that neared completion and training would have indeed been tough in the midst of all else that was going on.
Old 12-08-08, 05:24 AM   #47
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

Another cool feature of all this mods would be to connect lets say the bridge and Commanders room via a corridor(at least on the biger units).This would give a more inmersive feeling,the dream is of course to create as more 3D stations as posible.
And at this point,tell me Ivank,would not be possible to modify the original interior subs and add some more realistic compartments ? That would be brilliant also .

Regards and very good job!!
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:32 AM   #48
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23

I think the best that can be done at the moment is a detailed bridge , with crew and full interor , but I think this would add to the imersion greatly
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:52 AM   #49
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre
Another cool feature of all this mods would be to connect lets say the bridge and Commanders room via a corridor(at least on the biger units).This would give a more inmersive feeling,the dream is of course to create as more 3D stations as posible.
And at this point,tell me Ivank,would not be possible to modify the original interior subs and add some more realistic compartments ? That would be brilliant also .

Regards and very good job!!
As tomhugill said we are working on the bridge, darkfish is working wonders with it atm. I dont see why we would not be able to change the compartment, but that would be later, like in a patch. We have just so much work to do atm

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 08:23 PM   #50
Alexace31190
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Awesome looking mod!

I'd help if i knew jack about modding.

Keep it up, I'm looking forward to the release.
Alexace31190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-08, 02:40 PM   #51
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28
Default playable bridge pics

Well working wonders with it is a bit exaggerated..
Thought i'd post some pics here to show the general idea...
There's still a lot to do but it's already looking better than just an empty room with a few watches

For now I'm concentrating on changing the textures, as you can see the lightmaps don't fit.
DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 08:55 AM   #52
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82

Yes,some more light and colour textures would be better I think.Anyway,dont you see this bridge a bit small or is my visual effect? And what about giving these bridges an eye candy atmosphere with furniture and all the stuff you can find in a bridge? Well. I think thats the final idea right?
The path is correct,you are doing a great job
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 01:04 PM   #53
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Very good job with the bridge & the figure placement. I agree that lighting sources need work. In all likelihood the additional instruments & furniture will be added later, after more important work is done. And the size looks correct for the bridge of a destroyer or a cruiser, IMO.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 05:50 PM   #54
Alexace31190
Swabbie

That does look much better than the current blank interiors.

Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 12-11-08, 07:36 PM   #55
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

That looks great!

BTW, I assume that torpedos can be used, right? IN that case, DDs offer some very fun possibilities.

Damage control is a whole other area of possible complexity...
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 05:28 AM   #56
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23

I think we're pretty much nailed the damage control and damage modeling aspects as demonstrated on my playable Yamato , if you do have any feedback regarding this area let me know
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 09:48 AM   #57
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
In all likelihood the additional instruments & furniture will be added later, after more important work is done.
Yeah most instruments will be added later. BTW there weren't that much of instruments / furniture on a bridge, see for example http://www.usstexasbb35.com/All-Phot...n-cagemast.jpg and http://jackwellsauthor.com/db1/00096...ges/Bridge.JPG

Quote:
And the size looks correct for the bridge of a destroyer or a cruiser, IMO.
You're right, the bridge in the pictures is from the Evarts DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
BTW, I assume that torpedos can be used, right? IN that case, DDs offer some very fun possibilities.
Torpedoes can be used yes. It's quite fun to attack the IJN fleet with a John C Butler DE in the battle off Samar
DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 06:44 PM   #58
Alexace31190
Swabbie

@Tom

Yeah, the Yamato damage model looked really good.
I assume you will be able to make similar ones for the other ships. If so, that looks good.
Old 12-12-08, 07:44 PM   #59
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFish
Quote:
In all likelihood the additional instruments & furniture will be added later, after more important work is done.
Yeah most instruments will be added later. BTW there weren't that much of instruments / furniture on a bridge, see for example http://www.usstexasbb35.com/All-Phot...n-cagemast.jpg and http://jackwellsauthor.com/db1/00096...ges/Bridge.JPG

Quote:

Quote:
Torpedoes can be used yes. It's quite fun to attack the IJN fleet with a John C Butler DE in the battle off Samar
Interesting how Spartan those bridges are. Still, I suppose that it's in line with the US Navy's policy after 1942 - they found that having too much furniture on board led to disastrous fires in combat.

It's good to hear there will be torpedo attacks. Do you expect that non-player units can be programmed to use them?
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 08:05 PM   #60
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFish
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Interesting how Spartan those bridges are. Still, I suppose that it's in line with the US Navy's policy after 1942 - they found that having too much furniture on board led to disastrous fires in combat.

It's good to hear there will be torpedo attacks. Do you expect that non-player units can be programmed to use them?
I would love to have AI torpedo attacks

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote