Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-08-10, 12:54 PM   #346
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriksultan View Post
Looking great dude. Still haven't gotten my copy of the game to run so I guess its not for me
Don't give up!

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 04:48 PM   #347
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

wellp... without some other way other than a CC, i'll be without this addon and stuck with the base game

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 07:49 PM   #348
TristanYockell
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Will I till be able to buy this game after months end. I cannot afford it right now, im currently unemployed and its not looking good.

I do however guarantee I will purchase it within the next 3 months, so whats the deal?. Will I be able to or not.
TristanYockell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 08:48 PM   #349
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanYockell View Post
Will I till be able to buy this game after months end. I cannot afford it right now, im currently unemployed and its not looking good.

I do however guarantee I will purchase it within the next 3 months, so whats the deal?. Will I be able to or not.
Hello TristanYockell, I understand your situation and please do not worry
I will have the details by the end of the month on those who mis out on the
Foundation Membership an it's unique benefits. As you are aware my task
is a full plate so to speak and I want to get it right to avoid any distractions
that may occur as a result of my haste.

Regards,

ZeeWolf
Old 01-09-10, 01:58 PM   #350
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default Kursk-Add-on/Stand-Alone

Hello ZeeWolf,

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this tank simulation. I have downloaded and installed your two new missions with all the added features (Nebelwerfer, etc.), and I am really impressed. These constitute a substantial improvement over the stock game.
These missions made me very interested in the Kursk module you are working on. Before I sign up for my one-year membership, I would like to ask a few questions, though.

I am mainly interested in offline play. Thus, I was rather disappointed to see that the original TvT game had only twelve missions, structured into two campaigns with only two playable vehicles.

Will there be more missions/campaign options and more playable vehicles in the Kursk game? Is there going to be a tutorial for the TvT mission editor?

Will the behaviour of the AI infantry be improved. I don't mean their manners , but their actions. In comparison, for example, I thought that the infantry model in Steel Fury was much superior to TvT. The Steel Fury infanterists doge, crouch and jump for cover when under fire and shoot at enemies within range, whereas the TvT fellows just stand there, waiting to be mowed down by my tank's machine gun. The only thing that struck me as extremely unrealistic in the Steel Fury infantry model was that these guys are able to take out almost any tank by simply throwing a grenade at it.
Some of my relatives fought on the eastern front in WW II. They said that to knock out Soviet tanks, they used to climb up to the hatches and throw grenades into the tank, or they wedged mines or bundled grenades between the turret and the hull, or into the wheels.

One last thing. When I play TvT in the commander position, sometimes I get bumped to the driver position and my AI gunner and driver disapear. Can this be fixed, either in TvT directly, or with the Kursk module?

That's as far as my rant goes. I really appreciate your work and I am looking forward to the Kursk game.

Best regards,

FW
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 04:34 PM   #351
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedrich-Wilhelm View Post
Hello ZeeWolf,

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this tank simulation. I have downloaded and installed your two new missions with all the added features (Nebelwerfer, etc.), and I am really impressed. These constitute a substantial improvement over the stock game.
These missions made me very interested in the Kursk module you are working on. Before I sign up for my one-year membership, I would like to ask a few questions, though.
Thank you!

Quote:
I am mainly interested in offline play. Thus, I was rather disappointed to see that the original TvT game had only twelve missions, structured into two campaigns with only two playable vehicles.
I am totally focused on offline play and I have future plans that will include
maps and mission packs that will encompass many if not all the panzer battlefields
from 1939 to 1945.

Quote:
Will there be more missions/campaign options and more playable vehicles in the Kursk game? Is there going to be a tutorial for the TvT mission editor?
Foundation Members will be given as a gift of appreciation from me my new models
in the Kurk release as well as in the mission 6 release plus allot more priority
arrangements. Like the first to receive any new releases and priority tech support
etc.

Quote:
Will the behaviour of the AI infantry be improved. I don't mean their manners , but their actions. In comparison, for example, I thought that the infantry model in Steel Fury was much superior to TvT. The Steel Fury infanterists doge, crouch and jump for cover when under fire and shoot at enemies within range, whereas the TvT fellows just stand there, waiting to be mowed down by my tank's machine gun. The only thing that struck me as extremely unrealistic in the Steel Fury infantry model was that these guys are able to take out almost any tank by simply throwing a grenade at it.
Some of my relatives fought on the eastern front in WW II. They said that to knock out Soviet tanks, they used to climb up to the hatches and throw grenades into the tank, or they wedged mines or bundled grenades between the turret and the hull, or into the wheels.
I plan on upgrading to the latest version of Maya. That is where I will start adding more animation to the characters. You see the animation library for humans
is very limited but the good news is the ability to add new additions is enormous.

Quote:
One last thing. When I play TvT in the commander position, sometimes I get bumped to the driver position and my AI gunner and driver disapear. Can this be fixed, either in TvT directly, or with the Kursk module?
I am unaware of this particular issue, but it may help if you disable the joystick
option.

Quote:
That's as far as my rant goes. I really appreciate your work and I am looking forward to the Kursk game.

Best regards,

FW

Thanks again Friedrich-Wilhelm I am sure you are aware none of the future plans beyond Kursk for T34 vs Tiger is possible with out financial support.

Best Regards
ZeeWolf
Old 01-10-10, 10:19 AM   #352
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Zeewolf,I just put in my 12 month membership.Looking forward to the future of WW2 Tank warfare
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 01:40 PM   #353
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Zeewolf,I just put in my 12 month membership.Looking forward to the future of WW2 Tank warfare
Thank you Chucky, I need you man. Project ZeeWolf is a huge leap foward
for T34 vs Tiger and WW2 Tank sims in general and you are now a Foundation
Member.

Cheers
ZeeWolf
Old 01-10-10, 03:04 PM   #354
Friedrich-Wilhelm
Watch

Default Payment Method

Hi ZeeWolf,

Thanks for your reply. Could the bug that I described result from having the German version of TvT? I bought the game in Germany sometime ago. Getting bumped from the commander's position to the driver's seat and losing the AI driver and gunner occurs in all of the standard missions, but not your new missions. It seems to happen only on specific spots on the map.
By the way, in order to sign up for a one-year membership in your project, is it possible to pay directly by credit card, or does one have to have a PayPal account (which I would prefer to avoid)?

Best regards,

FW
Friedrich-Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 05:47 PM   #355
Chucky
Planesman

You can pay by credit card,I did.Just follow the link from ZW's website.
Old 01-11-10, 02:36 PM   #356
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hi ZeeWolf,

Thanks for your reply. Could the bug that I described result from having the German version of TvT? I bought the game in Germany sometime ago. Getting bumped from the commander's position to the driver's seat and losing the AI driver and gunner occurs in all of the standard missions, but not your new missions. It seems to happen only on specific spots on the map.
By the way, in order to sign up for a one-year membership in your project, is it possible to pay directly by credit card, or does one have to have a PayPal account (which I would prefer to avoid)?

Best regards,

FW
Just try the Joystick solution first then will go from there. I find Paypal the only way for now.

ZeeWolf
Old 01-11-10, 05:11 PM   #357
Chucky
Planesman

Maybe I should make this clear,ZeeWolf says that PayPal is the only way to go for him now,but if you follow his link to make a donation via his site you can pay by card and NOT have to have a PayPal account.

Quote:
Pay with Credit Card or Log In
Old 01-11-10, 07:58 PM   #358
OldnSlow
Watch

Downloads: 184
Donation

Hi Zeewolf,

Just donated the USD 50.00. Initial missions working well and looking forward to seeing the completed mod. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
jjnsc
Old 01-11-10, 08:27 PM   #359
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldnSlow View Post
Hi Zeewolf,

Just donated the USD 50.00. Initial missions working well and looking forward to seeing the completed mod. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
jjnsc
Yes Sir!
Thanks for your support OldnSlow,
Cheers!
ZeeWolf
Old 01-11-10, 10:42 PM   #360
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Just sent my $50 in, loved the Christmas surprise and just goes to show with hard work and persistence TvT is a mighty fine sim.

Thank you!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote