SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-15, 10:03 AM   #1186
Schmonzo
Seaman

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

love how big walley first made a comment making fahnenbohn sound stupid but now does not explain his view on schleichfahrt...
Schmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-15, 09:11 PM   #1187
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmonzo View Post
love how big walley first made a comment making fahnenbohn sound stupid but now does not explain his view on schleichfahrt...
I asked Fahnenbohn a question.

He answered that question.

I did not think his answer required any response from me.

If you have something to contribute to the topic under discussion, then I hope you will post it. That's what this forum is for.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-15, 11:51 AM   #1188
Schmonzo
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post
For me, Schleichfahrt + motors stopped = totally silent boat. Am I wrong ? What could cause any noise ??
That was the question that followed your comment. I would also like an answer to it, I don't mind someone who is friendly answering it though, so don't feel obliged to do it yourself BigWalleye

Last edited by Schmonzo; 08-24-15 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-25-15, 07:16 AM   #1189
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmonzo View Post
That was the question that followed your comment. I would also like an answer to it, I don't mind someone who is friendly answering it though, so don't feel obliged to do it yourself BigWalleye
If you were actually interested in an answer to the question, then a simple Google search would have led you to a contemporaneous thread where the topic was addressed by me and other posters.

Instead, you attempted to be confrontational while necroing a six-week-old post.

You give love, you get love.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 08-25-15 at 08:29 AM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-15, 03:08 PM   #1190
Schmonzo
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
If you were actually interested in an answer to the question, then a simple Google search would have led you to a contemporaneous thread where the topic was addressed by me and other posters.

Instead, you attempted to be confrontational while necroing a six-week-old post.

You give love, you get love.
You answered a question with a snotty retort instead of answering it (while making it clear that the answer is super obvious to you) and now I am the rude one? Plus calling asking for an answer to a question that simply got ignored in an active thread does not seem like necroing to me. Well, maybe my social skills just suck, if that's the case I am sorry. But I must say that answering a question with a snotty question does not seem very helpful to me.

Anyway I just did a 'simple' google search on the topic again and was not able to find anything easily, not even on this forum (yes I did a 'site:www.subsim.com' search). Since my intelligence seems to rival my social skills would you be so kind to help me answer the question by linking the thread you were talking about or providing us with a search term for google please? I would be grateful for that.

Last edited by Schmonzo; 08-25-15 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-15-15, 07:58 AM   #1191
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Hi Stiebler

I'm back after a bit of a break. Of course, I am drawn right back to NYGM.

I was just wondering if you are planning anything interesting for this mod or are you happy with it in the current release? There was a mod out there (I can't find it now for some reason) that increased the range of the hydrophones (for the AI only I think) the deeper you went. It worked from periscope depth to something like 50 meters. I saw it before I gave sh3 a vacation and I was wondering if you ever merged it into your mod? Seems like a realistic addition.

Anyway I hope all is well and I look forward to your response as I reload this masterpiece of work!

PS. Is H.sie or Stiebler absolutely done hacking the .exe? I really wish we could kill the crew "squatting and spinning" when we are being hunted.

Last edited by Lanzfeld; 09-15-15 at 08:15 AM.
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-15, 04:00 AM   #1192
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Lanzfeld:

There's nothing much planned for NYGM at the moment, although Anvart has provided a revised radar mod (compatible with my hard-code mod) which has worked well in testing.

The hydrophone effect at different depths was created by Rubini. You should be able to find it by searching for his name. It's not added to NYGM because it slows down game-play. Every time you want to submerge and check for a sound location, you have to go sufficiently deep. It's quicker to pretend that you did that with a dive to periscope depth and surface again. Just click on keys 'P' and 'S' in quick succession.

H.sie announced some time ago that he has given up modding. It's been so long now that I looked at the assembly code that it would take me some time to get up to speed again. In any case, though, I would not be interested in changing visual effects. I'm only interested in changing game play.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-15, 07:40 AM   #1193
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Ahoy Stiebler!

Well...the telltale crew is a gameplay change. They tell you with 100% certainty when you are and are not being hunted. I don't really care a bout graphics either but it's hard not to see them out of the corner of your eye when in the control room.
Old 09-17-15, 09:27 AM   #1194
Obltn Strand
Commodore

Downloads: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post

Well...the telltale crew is a gameplay change. They tell you with 100% certainty when you are and are not being hunted. I don't really care a bout graphics either but it's hard not to see them out of the corner of your eye when in the control room.
TC does the same...
Old 09-17-15, 11:02 AM   #1195
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obltn Strand View Post
TC does the same...
Well if I stay at TC 1-8 then no it does not. When being hunted I never go above TC 8.

I can always see that darn crew though.
Old 09-17-15, 02:46 PM   #1196
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi Lanzfeld,

this does not need any hacking. You can either remove the crew from the control room (very simple with S3D) or remove the animations. If you look at the files with S3D, you can see the 'logic' and change it. I have, e.g., once removed the 'duck and cover' of the crew on the bridge.

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-15, 08:38 PM   #1197
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

S3d is a bit beyond me. I would not know where to begin
Old 09-18-15, 07:35 AM   #1198
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi Lanzfeld,

this does not need any hacking. You can either remove the crew from the control room (very simple with S3D) or remove the animations. If you look at the files with S3D, you can see the 'logic' and change it. I have, e.g., once removed the 'duck and cover' of the crew on the bridge.

Regards, LGN1
Any chance you could send me these modded files without the "duck and cover"? This is just what I am looking for.
Old 09-18-15, 02:56 PM   #1199
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi Lanzfeld,

I just sent you a PM.

If I will find some time, I might remove the animations for myself and then share my work. But I can't promise anything.

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 02:25 PM   #1200
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Flak monkey interiors work ok with this?

Tags
torpedos through hull