Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-26-20, 04:44 AM   #31
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
Certainly has my full attention looks good but as you can appreciate no one has developed a DW level modern subsim since 2005 so the community is a little skeptical.

Honestly, that "since 2005" is the tinder of our current call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
... However it would most certainly be very welcome should it come to fruition.

That's what we like to hear!
Old 06-26-20, 08:40 AM   #32
ForceGhost
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I love the idea of different watches having different efficiency based on who’s on watch.

Looking good so far!
Old 07-01-20, 09:53 PM   #33
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceGhost View Post
I love the idea of different watches having different efficiency based on who’s on watch.

Looking good so far!

Thanks!

Crew management was a feature that on every modern submarine title that we got our hands on, was missing.
It is the spice in a good submarine gameplay experience.
Old 07-02-20, 10:55 AM   #34
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I like the concept, I would really like an graphically updated realistic Sub Command clone, something that focuses on the submarines. A game with SH5/Wolfpack type interaction with the control room of a Virginia class attack sub would be ideal.
  • Realistic TMA and Sonar stations
  • Sonar analysis that is user friendly
  • No cheat mode with magical underwater windows
  • challenging, realistic enemies
  • current world situation missions: Drug interdiction, Chinese, zee Russians, North Korea, convoy protection/attack, under ice cap missions where you have to find a suitable place to break through...

Financial: If you need funding, I would do it in stages: Release a demo for early supporters at $10; follow with an alpha at $10 additional, beta at another $10, then finished version at full price. Add in some full value DLC and you should be set.

Keep up the good work.
Neal

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 07-02-20 at 07:04 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 12:04 PM   #35
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I like the concept, I would really like an graphically updated realistic Sub Command clone, but something that focuses on the submarines. A game with SH5/Wolfpack type interaction with the control room of a Virginia class attack sub would be ideal.
  • Realistic TMA and Sonar stations
  • Sonar analysis that is user friendly
  • No cheat mode without magical underwater windows
  • challenging, realistic enemies
  • current world situation missions: Drug interdiction, Chinese, zee Russians, North Korea, convoy protection/attack, under ice cap missions where you have to find a suitable place to break through...

Financial: If you need funding, I would do it in stages: Release a demo for early supporters at $10; follow with an alpha at $10 additional, beta at another $10, then finished version at full price. Add in some full value DLC and you should be set.

Keep up the good work.
Neal

I would like something like that as well.

Sounds good!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 01:55 PM   #36
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

1. Planned playable platforms (Virginia Class, Astute Class Type 214 or 212) suggest modern setting. Is it also implement modern ASW methods like multistatic sonar systems?

2. Will you implement different acoustic envronment for blue and shallow waters? What about regions with deep + shallow waters (shelf)?

3. Will you emulate different acoustic propagation near different kind of shorelines (fjords, flat sand beaches etc.) ?
Old 07-02-20, 02:08 PM   #37
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Honestly said, my perception of all this gives a weired impression. Some of the answers you give, maslas, imo are evasive, and pointing at something vague. Lets put it this way: I seem to have picked up something on my sonar, but I cannot tell whether it is a whale, a boat, a ship, ours or theirs - or just a phantom echo of nothing from nowhere. Its just too little info in too weak a signal.

I do not want to discourage you, in case you mean serious business, but I would recommend to not step forward before you have something more substantial to show. This generally has only advantages, and no disadvantages. For example to not raise early expectations for which there is no substantial basis, just speculation and - well, people's individual expectations: will not backfire well! Spoiling tzo early a jump start can ruin a projects reputation forever, or at least years to come, even after it got better (Raceroom is a good example). Better advance the project silently, and "strike" not before it is advanced enough to indeed "kill". Once that happens for real, I may become an interested observer and if the content is right and the pace of work is promising and constant: maybe even an early supporter; but right now - sorry, but for me this thread is a bit too thin to base any further expectations on. Prove my scepticism wrong in the future, and I happily will change my attitude.

Lets meet again in 9-12 months or so, and then we see.

Nichts für ungut.
Old 07-03-20, 04:38 AM   #38
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33

I like what I see as an introduction. If you do get this to market with the goals you have set, you can absolutely count me as a customer. I will buy this product for sure.

- What timetable do you envision for the development of this project? Estimated of course.

- Are you considering distributing on Steam as a means to grow your customer base?
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 06:46 AM   #39
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I like the concept, I would really like an graphically updated...

...Keep up the good work.
Neal
Thanks Neal,[*]Realistic TMA and Sonar stations, sonar analysis that is user friendly

We have spent a great amount of our time on the research of all the Virginia stations. Will do our best.

*No cheat mode with magical underwater windows

Cheat mode? No no no we are making a simulator here.

*challenging, realistic enemies
The two most challenging and time consuming development parts of this project. AI and a realistic sound propagation model.
The idea is that the difficulty will be dependent on AI capabilities and actual mission design and not on magic sonars, invincible hulls and supersonic torpedoes.

*current world situation missions: Drug interdiction, Chinese, zee Russians, North Korea, convoy protection/attack, under ice cap missions where you have to find a suitable place to break through...
As an initial war theater we are bending towards the South China Sea. For every new theater that we will introduce new mission features will also be introduced too.

*Financial: If you need funding, I would do it in stages: Release a demo for early supporters at $10; follow with an alpha at $10 additional, beta at another $10, then finished version at full price. Add in some full value DLC and you should be set.

Will keep your proposition in mind although we are targeting for a direct and complete release. DLCs will of course come later and bundles too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
1. Planned playable platforms (Virginia Class, Astute Class Type 214 or 212) suggest modern setting. Is it also implement modern ASW methods like multistatic sonar systems?...

Part of our research is modern naval ASW tactics in order to achieve a realistic AI responsiveness. Multistatic sonar systems should be included (e.g. Pairs of frigates with extended LFTAS on the hunt).

Quote:
2. Will you implement different acoustic envronment for blue and shallow waters? What about regions with deep + shallow waters (shelf)?...

We are aiming to give selective territories with as accurate as possible underwater details (elevation, salinity, temperature etc.). As I stated before, the sound propagation model on this project is one of the most challenging tasks.

Quote:
3. Will you emulate different acoustic propagation near different kind of shorelines (fjords, flat sand beaches etc.) ?

One of the challenging tasks. Will do our best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Honestly said, my perception of all this gives a weired impression. Some of the answers you give, maslas, imo are evasive, and pointing at something vague. Lets put it this way: I seem to have picked up something on my sonar, but I cannot tell whether it is a whale, a boat, a ship, ours or theirs - or just a phantom echo of nothing from nowhere. Its just too little info in too weak a signal...
It might be the teaser trailer that mixed your sensors and gave you that vague illusion. You see, it contains whales, a boat, a ship and the music theme gives this phantom echo of nothing from nowhere exactly as you describe!

But I can assure you that it is a submarine simulator that we are talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
...I do not want to discourage you, in case you mean serious business, but I would recommend to not step forward before you have something more substantial to...

...Lets meet again in 9-12 months or so, and then we see.

Nichts für ungut.
You don't and all the thoughts are accepted. That is all about this thread for. We are asking your opinions about the feasibility of a project like this! 90% of the answers are on target no matter if they are discouraging or not.

Ουδένα πρόβλημα.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon View Post
I like what I see as an introduction. If you do get this to market with the goals you have set, you can absolutely count me as a customer. I will buy this product for sure...
Thanks a lot

Quote:
- What timetable do you envision for the development of this project? Estimated of course...
There is a time table already set on the table which is within realistic limits for a simulator of that magnitude but I will not say anything because it is too soon and it is a publishers call too on this matter. I am sorry!

Quote:
- Are you considering distributing on Steam as a means to grow your customer base?
That is also the publishers call but I am pretty sure we are!

Last edited by maslas; 07-03-20 at 07:10 AM.
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 09:04 AM   #40
moose1am
Frogman

radar MicroProse is doing something like that already

It's already in development. Google "MicroProse" and see what you find. I follow them on Facebook to keep up with what they are doing. But my memory is faulty and I have a hard time recalling names on a timely basis. Give me a few hours and the name will pop into my mind where I can output it again. But right now the name of the game escaped me. Sorry. Google will find it though.

MicroProse did a game called 1942 Pacific Air Wars back in the early 1990s and these naval power games will be similar to some of MIcroProse's older naval games.

https://www.microprose.com/#

Google MicroProse and found the names.

Sea Power
Task Force Admiral

Those are two of the new games that they are working on already.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 10:19 AM   #41
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

It's pretty simple what we want....Dangerous waters with cold waters graphics

BUT...If I may suggest...

Make a free base game with 1 platform to populate servers ,and make all subsequent platforms as DLC

Last edited by Badger343rd; 07-03-20 at 10:35 AM.
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 05:58 AM   #42
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

Brothers Marek Španěl, and Ondřej Španěl established Bohemia Interactive also some 20 years ago. Operation Flashpoint and then Arma 1,2,3 and few other good games and simulations. There were some serious ups and downs in their career, but they persisted and the rest is history.

The problem and difference is that 20 years. Things were little different then than they are now. Especially for a niche and complex simulators. If you have drive and perhaps some financial support do some more serious market research and then consider if still go for it. High chances really are that the research will tell you: forget it and better quickly swim back to the shore. Its a pity, but its a true and harsh reality of today's life.

Wish you all the luck nonetheless!
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 03:46 PM   #43
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
It's pretty simple what we want....Dangerous waters with cold waters graphics

BUT...If I may suggest...

Make a free base game with 1 platform to populate servers ,and make all subsequent platforms as DLC

I second this. I think the DCS model is definitely something to consider.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 12:19 AM   #44
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427
Icon14

Sonar screens, TMA calculations, time compression of X1 are some of what I think a Modern sub sim should have. My 2c here. Dangerous Waters despite old is still my favorite Mod sub sim. Sorry 688 folks...
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 12:51 AM   #45
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
Brothers Marek Španěl, and Ondřej Španěl...
Wish you all the luck nonetheless!

We truly appreciate the fact that you want to see this project alive on your screens and you also want us to be cautious about it. Not to crash on a reef some kind.
We are seriously considering all your thoughts no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
...Make a free base game with 1 platform to populate servers ,and make all subsequent platforms as DLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
I second this. I think the DCS model is definitely something to consider.

We also like the way DCS is distributed but keep in mind Eagle Dynamics before getting into the DCS series of products first sold LockOn with UBI later Flaming Cliffs as independent producer, then Black Shark, then A10 etc.

Essentially we are talking about an evolution of the same product that ended up on the DCS platform and the way it is distributed today.

My personal thought on this matter is that first we have to produce and sell the first MNW and may it becomes the DCS of the oceans on the years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_76 View Post
Sonar screens, TMA calculations, time compression of X1 are some of what I think a Modern sub sim should have. My 2c here. Dangerous Waters despite old is still my favorite Mod sub sim. Sorry 688 folks...
Agreed and thanks!

Tags
dangerous waters, modern naval, modern sub