SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-20, 06:37 PM   #241
klh
Ensign

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccerman View Post
Hello guys! I keep getting the problem that the navigation map is split down the middle, and I have done everything that I could find in order to fix this. I do believe the problem is that I can't run the .batch file when I'm trying to patch the game. Every time i try it says either:

"'binpatch' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . ."

or

"Offset out of range: 0xa5dc6

Fail.

Press any key to continue . . ."

This problem goes for every patch of fix that requires me running a batch file
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Niccerman,

I have not had this problem, so I am not sure I can help, but I will try. Here is how I do it, using the Tychos patch as an example.

1) unzip the mod into a folder (such as Tychos Patch)

2) Inside the folder should be the TychoSh3Patch.bat file along with TychoSh3Patch.map, binpatch.exe, and Remove.bat

3) I copied the sh3.exe from the game folder (which had already been patched with the official game patches, followed by Hsie V16B1 which includes the 4GB patch) and placed the copy in the Tychos Patch folder.

4) Now I ran TychoSh3Patch.bat which gave me a new updated copy of sh3.exe

5) Then I created a folder called Tychos Patch in the /SilentHunterIII/MODS folder and copied the new sh3.exe inside it.

6) Finally I activated the Patch using JGSME

I hope that is helpful and apologize if it isn't.
klh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 10:40 PM   #242
Grumpy Pete
Shore leave

Downloads: 8

If you're still having problems, follow the guide by 4HCcrashh on page 11 of this thread. He gives detailed step-by-step instructions that worked for me regarding the same issue.
Grumpy Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 12:20 AM   #243
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Please forgive the silly question.... Is it necessary to run the d3d9 fix to set the game's res at 1920x1080 or the mod itself does it?
At the beginning, the installation of this mod seems to be very tricky, but perhaps the process is more simple..

Thanks for your replies...

CapZap
Old 06-06-20, 02:08 AM   #244
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970 View Post
Please forgive the silly question.... Is it necessary to run the d3d9 fix to set the game's res at 1920x1080 or the mod itself does it?
At the beginning, the installation of this mod seems to be very tricky, but perhaps the process is more simple..

Thanks for your replies...

CapZap
Nope, you don’t have to run the d3d9 dll. 1920X1080 should render by activating the mod.
The only thing you have to run would be the Tycho patch to get the full map rendering, and the Tycho chrono patch to get the additional chrono working itself (if needed - not mandatory)
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 12:51 PM   #245
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Nope, you don’t have to run the d3d9 dll. 1920X1080 should render by activating the mod.
The only thing you have to run would be the Tycho patch to get the full map rendering, and the Tycho chrono patch to get the additional chrono working itself (if needed - not mandatory)
Thanks a lot, Fifi....

Slowly I am getting things clear so I don't f... up the installation process. The only thing to clear is if I MUST use SH3 Commander with this mod.

Thanks a lot anyway!!!

CapZap
Old 06-06-20, 01:33 PM   #246
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
The only thing to clear is if I MUST use SH3 Commander with this mod.
With ARB wide gui? No, it’s not mandatory either. But Commander is so nice it would be a shame to miss it
Furthermore very easy to install ...
Old 06-06-20, 01:47 PM   #247
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
With ARB wide gui? No, it’s not mandatory either. But Commander is so nice it would be a shame to miss it
Furthermore very easy to install ...
Ok Fifi... You have been very helpful. With all this info I will start working on it. Thanks a lot!!!!

CapZap
Old 06-06-20, 03:53 PM   #248
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ok Fifi... You have been very helpful. With all this info I will start working on it. Thanks a lot!!!!

CapZap
You’re welcome
On side note, if you decide to use Commander with GWX/NYGM/Ccom12, don’t forget there are special files to add to Commander for each megamod!
Old 06-06-20, 08:23 PM   #249
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
You’re welcome
On side note, if you decide to use Commander with GWX/NYGM/Ccom12, don’t forget there are special files to add to Commander for each megamod!

I just signed in to ask about that, but I assume those files are to be enabled via JSGME in the SH3 Commander directory, right?
Now, I see there is file that says: "Adaptation for English & Deutsch", I was wondering what is this for.... I compared the flotillas.cfg file in there with the same file in GWX and they totally different.

What is the purpose of this "Adaptation for English & Deutsch"? If I enable this, will it somehow cause malfunctions since it's altering the original GWX file?

Now the other reason write here....

WHAT A FANTASTIC MOD THIS IS!!!!

Just finished installing it with GWX and my jaw just dropped to the floor!!!!
Of course, it took my 3 attempts to do the whole process right, it's a bit tricky as I imagined, but in the end I managed to do it right.

It really rises this game to a new whole level, and if combined with GWX it's really fantastic!!!
Here go my first impressions...

Nothing wow! with the pics, just impressed by the look of the game in my screen!!!
Just to imagine how other things will look makes me drool...

CapZap

Last edited by CapZap1970; 06-06-20 at 08:46 PM.
CapZap1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 12:58 AM   #250
Fifi
Navy Seal

Cool

Those extra files, assuming you are using GWX, don’t need to be dropped in JSGME. They have their own exe you have to double click to automatically install —-> Called GWX3 SH3Cmdr3.2

Now you need to get the TKSS18 German U-Boat Compilation mods to be fully amazed!
(You can ask on dedicated thread, there is also a special order of activation for those mods - i have done a sensor adaptation to be fully GWX compatible)
Old 06-07-20, 02:23 AM   #251
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Quote:
Cool

Those extra files, assuming you are using GWX, don’t need to be dropped in JSGME. They have their own exe you have to double click to automatically install —-> Called GWX3 SH3Cmdr3.2

Now you need to get the TKSS18 German U-Boat Compilation mods to be fully amazed!
(You can ask on dedicated thread, there is also a special order of activation for those mods - i have done a sensor adaptation to be fully GWX compatible)

Fifi,I think we are talking about 2 different things here.
I know that I must run the GWX3 SH3Cmdr3.2 for those files. I was talking about the 2 files inside the SH3 Commander folder that comes with the ARB Wide Gui 1920x1080 V03 mod, I was asking if they had to be enabled via JSGME inside the SH3 Commander installation directory.
My other question was regarding the "Adaptation for English & Deutch" folder, also enclosed in the mod...
Those 2 folders are still making me scratch my head...

CapZap
Old 06-07-20, 02:57 AM   #252
Fifi
Navy Seal

The 2 TGA coming with ARB for Commander, you just copy and paste into your Commander appropriate folder. It’s a fix for the salvo marks.
The adaptation for english and Deutch, i don’t use them...so dunno.
Old 06-07-20, 04:59 AM   #253
RickSarg
A-ganger

Downloads: 50

As far as I can tell the "The adaptation for English and Deutch" Fixes the positions of the base locations in the mini map @ Flotilla Selection Screen.

Rick
RickSarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 05:25 AM   #254
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSarg View Post
As far as I can tell the "The adaptation for English and Deutch" Fixes the positions of the base locations in the mini map @ Flotilla Selection Screen.

Rick
Could you post a screen shot of what this fix, please?
Old 06-07-20, 09:35 AM   #255
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Fifi:
With your clarification and RickStar's reply, everything is clear now. Thank you very much for your help and feedback. Just in case, this is the content of the mod after unpacking the RAR:

As you can see there is the folder named "Adaptation for English and Deutsch", but RickStar explained what it is for.

CapZap

Last edited by CapZap1970; 06-07-20 at 12:29 PM.
CapZap1970 is offline   Reply With Quote