Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 06-18-10, 02:13 PM   #76
KnightsCross
Bosun

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Tanks frinik, Chucky & morttheslayer
I decided to wait on the card and go for a new system. I'm on a pension so you can see I've been saving pretty hard, so in about 3 months I should have something good. Your advice has helped me understand what I need and has been a great help. This will be the first system I have got for myself as the pc I'm using now is my Sons, it has been his study pc and has well served its purpose. My Son is still off work from his accident, he was very lucky and so am I to still have him. He wants to upgrade his pc in a different direction to me, so it's a good time for me to get my own and I think I will run XP because I want the pc for gaming mostly and saying hi like I am now.
Thank you so much for your help, as I get closer to buying I hope you don't mind me showing you again before I part out 6 mths of hard savings
All the best
Darren
Old 06-18-10, 09:54 PM   #77
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Welcome Kc

KC you are always welcome for advice, tips, chat, suggestions or even stories. I am sure you must be excited like a kid at the idea of getting your new pc

It´s a good rig too with the specs you described and a brand new ATI 4870 you´re going to play TvsT, Steel Fury, Panzer Elite, T72 etc in great details, with high fps and very smooth running....Once you get your pc don't forget to install DirectX9C as most of these games require it and your pc will likely come with either Direct X10 or 11 (although you don't have an OS pre installed on your pc.).Better check with the retailer what drivers come with your pc of if there aren't any?

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 12:23 PM   #78
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

I would have thought that the system would come with the motherboard driver disc?
Once I do a clean install,the first thing I run is the driver disc.In the past, Windows hasn't always installed the network drivers,so running the disc is essential.
Then I get anti-virus up and running and then the pain that is the never-ending updates
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 10:22 PM   #79
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default New PC

Chucky made a very good point! Re antivirus no need to spend money on any of them.You can get free, legitimate, downloads of Panda ( I recommend Panda 2010 very user-friendly and you just click on it to de-activate it when playing a game and simply click back to get it running again) or AVG( heavier and less user friendly but solid and reliable).

It´s important to make sure you have the latest versions of your graphic( video) and audio drivers.You can check it out on the internet on the website of ATI Radeon or whatever brand of audio system you have installed on your pc.

Best of luck!
Old 06-27-10, 02:35 PM   #80
robi
Watch

Downloads: 38

hi everyone!I have problems with my video card can`t play my game.everybody said to me I have to change my video card.my only problem is I don`t know if te video card what I found it is ok for my pc.if anybody can help me please tell me what do you want to know about my pc.

Zotac GeForce 9600GT 1GB GDDR3
Model ZT-96TEY3P-FSP
Interface PCI Express 2.0 x16
GPU GeForce 9600 GT
Core Clock 675MHz
Core Processors 64 stream processors
Memory Clock 1800MHz
Memory Size 1GB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
DirectX DirectX 10
HDMI DVI to HDMI Adapter
DVI 2
RAMDAC 400 MHz
TV-Out HDTV / S-Video Out
Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
SLI Supported Yes
Cooler Fan
Power Connector 6 Pin
Dual-Link DVI Supported Yes
HDCP Ready Yes
Package Contents ZT-96TEY3P-FSP Driver Disk User´s Manual HDTV Cable Power Cable DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter DVI to HDMI Adapter S/PDIF Cable
Dimensions 13.26 X 10.23 X 2.67
thank you very very much!you are my last hope
robi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-10, 04:31 PM   #81
KdF
Loader

What is your Motherboard??
Who made it and what Model number?

this is a PCI 2.0 card, was your origonal card PCI Express or AGP??

This will tell you if it will fit
Old 06-27-10, 04:54 PM   #82
robi
Watch

Nombre del motherboard ECS MCP68SM-PM
Identificación del motherboard 63-0100-000001-00101111-091007-ATHLON64$ECSECS_MCP68SM-PM 09/10/2007
CPUID Nombre de la CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
my actually card is GE 7025 and I think it`s bild in the motherboard
thank you for your help and time )
Old 06-27-10, 05:07 PM   #83
robi
Watch

the other problem is that I don`t know which is the difference between a pci slot and a pci express slot?can you tell me an another video card which I can use?I tried to do some research about this in internet but no chance to get good information
Old 06-27-10, 05:12 PM   #84
robi
Watch

now I seen here a picture with slots and my pc has pci slot
Old 06-27-10, 05:22 PM   #85
KdF
Loader

http://193.23.48.135/item1058581452_...w.html#gallery

If this is your motherboard, you have a PCI Express 1.0 slot.
The answer is YES, The card you inquired about will fit, BUT.....
The Video BUS is 1.0, you are getting a 2.0 card, and the capabilities of the card will be reduced, as it will bet bottlenecked on the video bus, but not to worry too much, as it will work.

Your call.
Old 06-27-10, 11:19 PM   #86
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default What game?

Robi you didn't say which game you are unable to play with your current pc and graphic card?The problem might not be so much your graphic card as your processor which is too slow????
Old 06-27-10, 11:57 PM   #87
robi
Watch

silnt hunter 5
Old 06-28-10, 06:27 AM   #88
robi
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Robi you didn't say which game you are unable to play with your current pc and graphic card?The problem might not be so much your graphic card as your processor which is too slow????
don`t think so I was looking what needs sh5 and my processor is better then the minimum what requires sh5.anyway thanxa a lot for your help @frinik.if you have any other advice for me I am all ears ..
Old 06-28-10, 10:18 AM   #89
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Processors

Good stuff Robi! It´s not advice so much as a reminder.Sometimes we forget the obvious.

Although recommended game specs are not always accurate.For example Steel Fury creators recommend a 3.0 gigahertz processor as a minimum requirement but I play the game very fluidly at max resolution on my laptop with a 2.0 ghrtz duo core and and on my pc with a 2.8 ghrtz processor.

You current gc runs 256 mbs of video memory? Your new one should do fine although to tell you the truth .I prefer ATI cards I have a GT330M with 2.095 gbs of dedicated video memory and I am not enthralled by it I find my ATI 3850 with 512 mbs dedicated to work almost as well if not better.According to lots of game blogs Nvidia seems to be losing ground to ATI price-wise and quality wise.

Best of luck
Old 06-28-10, 12:40 PM   #90
robi
Watch

can anybody recomend me a good tank war game something where you can stay inside of the tank please?(something realistic?)