SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Seahunter
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-19, 08:36 AM   #1
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Exclamation Important Information to the Community

Deepl translatet.

Dear Community.

I've been worrying the last few weeks about how I could use your perhaps invested money, in front of the EU and
the German tax office.

I want it to get where it belongs: in the Seahunter project.

now a solution has been found.
Or - Seahunter found a publisher.

Even though we are still discussing the contractual conditions (but not negative, but
to your advantage) a Seahunter will now be able to guarantee one:

Every cent you ever deposit, no matter if via an Early Access at Steam, or via a Kickstarter
will get where you want to see him:

in the project.

in the meantime, the project is much more advanced.
There is a new AI Pathfinding that will make your mission more difficult.
There is so much more to tell. Even if I don't want to announce it at all:
also the type II of the German submarines is already in the middle of development.

But now, I can sleep more quietly, because I know:
The EU has no part in this project.
Thanks to the publisher, I can also negotiate directly with Steam, which will benefit you all.
will be in Early Access, (theoretically I can now host this project directly as Early Access).

But there will be more advantages, for all of us together.
This was a huge step in the right direction.

please don't panic: I do not assign any rights to the publisher.
The copyright, the content and all further developments remain with Smoking Head Studio,
and thus in your interest. Also in your proposals, and everything you would like to convey to me, wish you
etc. ).

So I don't give away any rights, but I go into an "international marketing" that benefits the project.
and thus leave the requirements of the EU, the "German tax office" and much more.

Since all copyright lies in my hands, and I myself only on the further development and
completion, as well as under suggestions from you - improvement of the project,
I feel this is a step in the right direction.

I hope you see it the same way.

Of course I will keep my contribution up to date, and will point out innovations.
Seahunter, has thus left the "access area" of the EU, can now use Valve, Steam, Gog, etc.
directly, and has a publisher.

The Seahunter does not restrict, but takes care of it outside the EU and its tax offices,
that every cent you may invest arrives where it belongs:

in the project.

I hope to act in your sense.

Yes I know, you are waiting for the Kickstarter.
He will follow. Seahunter has developed a lot, not least at the request of the community.

Please don't feel abandoned! I'll get back to you as soon as I can and have the time to do it with a
new development video. A lot has happened.

I'll also let you know when a Kickstarter starts.

After "Germany" can be excluded from this development, as well as the whole EU,
I am very confident that all the money you would like to invest will really reach me.

with the one who builds Seahunter.

All of you, all the best.
Andy, Smoking Head Studio.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

German Developer Studio.
SmokingHeadStudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 01:38 AM   #2
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6

What copyright issues? You make a submarine game.
And what is the problem with the EU and Germany government by making a computergame with subs?

That sounds all really strange to me.

Btw: Everyone should pay his own tax. I don't want to pay yours. Why you start a project with thoughts to avoid paying tax?

I think you should start first with making the game. If it is finished you should think about how to make money. Since kickstarter it seems the most will earn money and then make a game - but mostley they failed.

SILENT DEPTH the submarine simulation for your mobile device
www.silentdepth.com
https://www.facebook.com/silentdepth/

Silent Depth Manual
Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-19, 10:40 PM   #3
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

EU: Kickstarter can be taxed up to 50%.

no EU: Kickstarter pays taxes up to a maximum of 20% and only as annual accounts.

Result:
Since Kickstarter is not treated as "normal income" but as capital for work on the game, purchases for the game or the like, taxes are only paid on what would not be used in the project. Here in Germany, I would have to pay tax on this on a monthly basis.

Thus it is taken care of, that the money which is collected by Kickstarter gets where it belongs.

Not into the pockets of the tax office, but into the game itself.
For a year-end closing, of course you would have to pay tax anyway, but you can buy assets with the income of Kickstarter for 1 year, or hire freelancers who take over various tasks. That's what the money is for, not for the tax office.

Income that comes later from the sale will of course be taxed normally. This is only about Kickstarter and the fact that this money arrives in the game.

I hope you understand that in "English"

This allows me, for example, with the money that Kickstarter will bring if it is successful once to pay content for the game.

If the money would be taken here within the EU and Germany, it is immediately understood as a monthly "income", and is thus a "profit". In fact, however, the money is not a "profit" but working capital for the game. So e.g. the money of Kickstarter is not meant for "me", i.e. I do not want a "salary" from it. It should only be used for assets and game content.

If I have to enter the money here as income immediately, and thus register it for tax purposes, I would have to pay tax on the amount immediately from the moment where 1 cent goes to the account of the publisher or the distributor. That would be then:

- monthly tax returns ( + tax consultant ).
- annual tax returns
- and, if necessary, input tax.

so there is only little left of what Kickstarter should take.
In addition the German laws forbid to declare the money as what it actually is: a donation.

The goals I pursue with the Kickstarter:
- Purchase of new assets (mainly ships as a model, because I can't build everything on my own, some are already bought, but I would like to expand the fleet).

- Commissioning of freelancers, in particular:
- Speaker for the Campania texts, the mission briefings,
- 2D artist for improved UI graphics (I'm not an expert at that).

The money should be used for Kickstarter - and for nothing else.

When the game is finished, it will of course be taxed normally, from the beginning of EarlyAccess. So it's only about the money that Kickstarter receives and - knowing it in the game - not in the hands of the tax office.

This is also legitimate because it is a working capital and not a salary or the like.
So far, I have paid everything out of my private pocket. With Kickstarter, I have the opportunity to make significant improvements.

Let's have a look

to your Question about "WHat if it fails" :

Kickstarter is supposed to be an "add-on", no basis.

The game itself (you can already see my development so far) is already very advanced and has a lot of content. That's why I don't set a "huge kickstarter goal". It's not about getting the whole project financed, most of it is already done.

and after 2 years of development, I can't say: "I'm just starting with the game".

There are already: 4 player classes ( + I 400, so actually 5).
a good amount of different steamships, warships and destroyers.
Aircraft carriers.

Different armament. And a good amount of actually finished missions, which only tolerate a bit more details (Ui ) here or there.

the main development now extends to the "UI", and the Campania guidance.
No longer on typical game content like:
- Missions or weapons ideas,
- or basic aspects of the game.
This is already developed. Seahunter has been around for over 2 years now.
So my debut here in the forum came after more than a year of development.

and I don't show so much at the moment, because I want to do that only on Kickstarter or with the beginning of the sale.

Should a Kickstarter fail, it would not be the end of the world. It wouldn't stop the game, nor would it be a release problem.

But with Kickstarter, I still have some capital in my hindquarters to improve content or have it graphically edited. And that's what the money should be for.
For Example: The Working Folder of Seahunter, is this time ~ 40 GB of Amount of GameAssets, Scripts and Graphics.
That is far away from "starting" a Project

for Example: a little Picture of the Ships for the german / USA / Britain Missions

i think this is very far away from "now we make a Game" - there is a lot more inside

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Here is the original german text:

EU: Kickstarter kann bis zu 50% besteuert werden.

keine EU: Kickstarter zahlt Steuern bis maximal 20 % und nur als Jahresabschluss.

Ergebnis:
Da Kickstarter nicht als "normale Einnahme" sondern als Kapital für die Arbeit am Spiel, Käufe für das Spiel oder ähnliches gehandhabt werden, werden Steuern nur auf das bezahlt, was nicht im Projekt genutzt würde. Hier in Deutschland, müßte ich das monatlich versteuern.

Somit ist dafür Sorge getragen, das Geld was über Kickstarter eingenommen wird da hin gelangt, wo es hingehört.

Nicht in die Taschen des Finanzamtes, sondern in das Spiel selbst.
Für einen Jahresabschluss, müßte man natürlich trotzdem versteuern,aber Du kannst 1 Jahr lang, mit den Einnahmen von Kickstarter z.B. Assets kaufen, oder Freelancer beauftragen die diverse Aufgaben übernehmen. Dafür ist das Geld gedacht,nicht für das Finanzamt.

Einnahmen, die später aus dem Verkauf kommen, werden natürlich normal versteuert. Hierbei geht es nur um Kickstarter und darum, das dieses Geld im Spiel ankommt.

Ich hoffe Du verstehst das in "Englisch"
Das ermöglicht es mir z.B. mit dem Geld was Kickstarter wenn es erfolgreich ist einmal bringen wird, Inhalte für das Spiel zu bezahlen.

Würde das Geld hier innerhalb der EU und Deutschland eingenommen,wird es sofort als monatliche "Einnahme" verstanden, und ist damit ein "Gewinn". Tatsächlich aber ist das Geld kein "Gewinn" sondern working Capital für das Spiel. So z.B. ist das Geld von Kickstarter nicht für "mich" gedacht, d.h. ich will davon kein "Gehalt". Es soll ausschließlich für Assets und Spielinhalte verwendet werden.

Muss ich das Geld hier jedoch sofort als Einnahme verbuchen, und somit steuerlich anmelden, müßte ich ab dem Moment wo 1 Cent auf das Konto des Publishers oder des Vertriebes gehen, die Summe sofort versteuern. Das wären dann:

- monatliche Steueranmeldungen ( + Steuerberater ).
- jährliche Steueranmeldungen
- und ggf. noch Vorsteuer.

damit bleibt von dem was Kickstarter mal einnehmen soll, nur noch wenig übrig.
Außerdem verbieten die deutschen Gesetze, das Geld als das zu deklarieren was es eigentlich ist: eine Spende.

Die Ziele die ich mit dem Kickstarter verfolge:
- Einkauf neuer Assets (vorrangig Schiffe als Modell, da ich nicht allein alles bauen kann, einige sind schon gekauft, allerdings würde ich die Flotte gern erweitern).

- Beauftragung von Freelancern, insbesondere:
- Sprecher für die Kampanientexte, die Missionsbriefings,
- 2D Künstler für eine verbesserte UI Grafik (darin bin ich kein Experte).

Dafür soll das Geld auf Kickstarter genutzt werden - und für nichts anderes.

Wenn das Spiel fertig ist, wird es natürlich normal versteuert, ab dem Beginn des EarlyAccess. HIerbei geht es also nur um die Gelder die auf Kickstarter zusammen kommen, und darum - sie im Spiel zu wissen - nicht in den Händen des Finanzamtes.

Das ist auch legitim, da es ein Working Capital ist, und kein Gehalt oder ähnliches.
Bisher, habe ich alles aus meiner privaten Tasche bezahlt. Mit Kickstarter habe ich die Möglichkeit, noch deutliche Verbesserungen einzubringen.

Schaun wir mal

Zu Deiner Frage. "Was wenn Kickstarter kein Erfolg ist" :

Kickstarter soll ein "Zusatz" sein, keine Grundlage.

Das Spiel selbst (Du siehst ja auch schon meine Entwicklung soweit), ist bereits weit fortgeschritten und hat schon viele Inhalte. Darum setze ich auch kein "riesiges Kickstarter Ziel" an. Es geht nicht darum, das gesamte Projekt finanziert zu bekommen, davon ist der größte Teil bereits erbracht.

und nach 2 Jahren Entwicklung, kann ich nicht behaupten: "ich fange mit dem Spiel erst an".

Es gibt bereits jetzt: 4 Spieler Klassen ( + I 400, also eigentlich 5).
eine gute Menge an verschiedenen Dampfern, Kriegsschiffen und Zerstörern.
Flugzeugträger.

Verschiedene Bewaffnung. Und eine gute Menge an eigentlich fertigen Missionen,die nur hier oder da noch etwas mehr Details (Ui ) vertragen.

die Hauptentwicklung erstreckt sich jetzt auf die "UI", und die Kampanienführung.
Nicht mehr auf typische Spielinhalte wie:
- Missions oder Waffen Ideen,
- oder grundlegende Spielaspekte.
Das ist bereits entwickelt. Seahunter gibt es jetzt schon über 2 Jahre.
Mein Einstand hier im Forum kam also erst nach über einem Jahr Entwicklungszeit.

und ich zeige derzeit noch nicht so viel,da ich das erst auf Kickstarter oder mit dem Beginn des Verkaufes tun möchte.

Sollte ein Kickstarter also "failen", wäre das kein Weltuntergang. Es würde weder das Spiel aufhalten, noch wäre es ein Release Problem.

Aber mit Kickstarter, habe ich noch etwas Kapital in der Hinterhand, um Inhalte zu verbessern oder grafisch aufbereiten zu lassen. Und dafür soll das Geld gedacht sein.

Best Greetings

German Developer Studio.

Last edited by SmokingHeadStudio; 10-23-19 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-08-19, 07:19 AM   #4
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142

Mensch! das Steuersystem Deutschland hoert sich allerdings zu kompliziert an. Es wundert sich wie ueberhaupt jemandem dort mit so einem Projekt anfangen kann, wenn ihm solch ein stressige Forderung aufgebuerdet wird
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 11:32 AM   #5
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Icon14

Schon geklärt wie ich schrieb:

Es wurde ein Publisher gefunden, gegründet der nicht in der EU sitzt.
das löst eine Menge Probleme.
Immerhin haben wir hier in Deutschland mittlerweile die weltweit 3 höchste Besteuerung, aller existenten Länder.
das ist schon eine Hausnummer leider. Und die Tendenz ist steigend, ich denke in 2 - 3 Jahren wenn die "politische Spitze" so weiter "steuern erhöht"
sind wir definitiver Platz 1.

naja, Du kannst ja nicht umziehen nur weil Du ein Gaming Projekt anfängst

Aber keine Sorge, es ist nun alles so weit geklärt, das auch ein Kickstarter problemlos anlaufen kann. Immerhin kann es nicht Sinn der Sache sein, wenn das Finanzamt die Einnahmen von Kickstarter auffrisst, das macht keinen Sinn.

Die sind für das Projekt gedacht, und nicht für die deutsche Politik.

German Developer Studio.