SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-21, 08:17 PM   #1
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
Default Interesting Question

Had a question for you guys. First of all, I have 3 set-ups. The first on a WIN10 computer with a good old fashion GWX3.0 set-up with a lot of whistles and bells. Another set-up with CCoM12 on a WIN7 computer and finally a third set-up with ONEALEX 1.44 on another WIN10 computer. The first set-up with GWX3 on a WIN 10 computer runs perfect and doesn't have this issue, that I'll describe in a second. By the way the GWX3 install is for patrols of the 3rd Flotilla out of LaRochelle only. The other two installs, the ONEALEX 1.44 and the CCoM12 both have identical issues so I KNOW IT's NOT the MODS themselves, but something on my computers. I believe that at point, sometime ago I read about a fix, but I just can't find it. I have looked.

The issue is: When I use the "TOOL HELPER" in the Nav Map screen, everything works as it should except the Protractor. My circles are off a bit from the pointer. With the "TOOL HELPER" off the Protractor works perfectly.

Since this issue effects two completely different MEGA MODS (ONEALEX 1.44 and CCoM12) on two different computers, It has left me scratching my head. It has to be something on my end. Any help, suggestions or inputs would be appreciated. Below is my Mod List for my effected installs. I'm not including my GWX3 install because it's not effected. Fixing this issue is not a big deal to me, but I'd still like to fix it if possible. Also I'll up-date my ONEALEX 1.44 to 1.46 after my current patrol to EC68 ends. Thanx Doolar CA45

Mod Soup for CCoM 12.0:
1. CCoM_CaptainsChoiceOfMods_Release_120_BASIS_EC (H.sie v 1.6B1 Patch)
2. CCoM_CaptainsChoiceOfMods_Update_Bunker-Start_120
3. CCoM_CaptainsChoiceOfMods_Update_Ohne-Orden_120 (No Medals on Crew)
4. CCoM_ExtentedChallengeBlackContacts
5. Ahnenerbe_WS-GUI_1920x1080_for_CCoM_by Wurmonkel
6. Ahnenerbe_WS-GUI_1920x1080_fuer_CCoM_11.1 - 12 - FULL MAP UPDATE (Tycho 3.0) + Draggable Chrono
7. Fifi_Enhancements_Ccom12_Final 4
8. CCOM12_ Type7_ without_ full_ interior
9. LSH3-CCoM12 Waves for Fifi Enhancements
10. Dark Night Fix for CCom12

Mod Soup for GWX3ONEALEX 1.44:
1. Das Boot Music
2. Music For YouTube
3. Convoy Routes on Map
4. No UMARK
5. Units Without PonyTails
6. Negative Buoyancy
7. New Water (Atlantic)
8. Skin of Choice

Last edited by Doolar; 05-27-21 at 05:13 AM.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 11:08 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Ahoy, Doolar...

With the issue you note, after clicking on the 'Tool Helper'.. with the pointer being offset a bit. I noted that, as well.. with CCoM, if I remember rightly..

I didn't locate a fix for it, so.. after that, I just stopped using 'Tool Helper' with those tools that were affected by the offset after opening up Tool Helper.

I know that isn't a solution that you asked for.. just letting it be known that I too, faced that issue.

Hopefully, another crops up, with a working solution to fix it, so that way.. I run into it again, will then know what to do to short circuit it from happening.

M. M.