SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-19, 12:29 AM   #1
wndrwtr
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Unable to Launch Game

Ahoy Mates,
Purchased game thru Steam. Installed game. Clicked on exe file. Game will not launch. Just see a brief display via Task Manager Applications tab that game is launching, then NOTHING happens. Even disappears from Task Manager Applications tab.
My computer specs:

Memory: 64GB (no that is not a typo)

Processor: Intel Core i7 3960x (6 core with 6 virtual) running at an
overclocked speed set at 4200.0 MHz (liquid cooled)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Supplied by ASUS) with
8192 MB GDDR5 (Driver WHQL 419.35)

DirectX: 11

Hard Drive: 1TB Samsung SSD 850 EVO (with currently 231GB free)

Avast antivirus: 8.0 (even disabled it and still would not run)

MalwareBytes: Home Premium version 2.1.1.1043 (diabled this as well)

AdFender: Version 1.80 (disabled this as well)

Any one have an idea why this system will not run Wolfpack?? Driving me nuts!!
wndrwtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 05:14 AM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Hi wndrwtr Sorry to hear your having problems Launching Wolfpack if the game won't launch by clicking on Wolfpack icon on your desktop try Launching Wolfpack Through Steam.
Login on steam go to your Library click on Wolfpack see if you can Launch Wolfpack like that.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 09:47 AM   #3
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164

Use steam to revalidate files.

Worst case, use steam to delete local and redownload (won't take long).
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 09:51 AM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

And when the screen is black and the game is loading, don't click on anything, just give the game 20-40 seconds to load.
Old 05-15-19, 02:05 AM   #5
zeeschuimer
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Icon9

Hi there, I seem to have a same kind of problem. I fear it is Steam related, but that doesnt help me much.
At starting the game I got the apparently known problem with other Steam carried games: application loead error 3:0000065432.
I did everying I could imagine but with different outcomes except running the game.
Reinstalled Steam about 3 times, including closing it down completely end restarting. The same with the game, uninstalling and installing but still problems. Now I have a report I shoud send to Usurpator AB. But....whatever I am looking for, no adress or so to send it to.
My specs?
system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
processor: Intel Pentium G620 @ 2.60GHz,
memory: 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz,
graphics: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group),
Storage: 465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB SSD.
Please help as we have a clan wanting to play this game and they desperately need crew.

Last edited by zeeschuimer; 05-15-19 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Attachment
zeeschuimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 02:08 AM   #6
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeschuimer View Post
Hi there, I seem to have a same kind of problem. I fear it is Steam related, but that doesnt help me much.
At starting the game I got the apparently known problem with other Steam carried games: application loead error 3:0000065432.
I did everying I could imagine but with different outcomes except running the game.
Reinstalled Steam about 3 times, including closing it down completely end restarting. The same with the game, uninstalling and installing but still problems. Now I have a report I shoud send to Usurpator AB. But....whatever I am looking for, no adress or so to send it to.
My specs?
system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
processor: Intel Pentium G620 @ 2.60GHz,
memory: 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz,
graphics: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group),
Storage: 465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB SSD.
I suggest you get a refund on the game from steam remove it from the library if you can, delete and uninstall steam, empty your trash, reboot your PC, reinstall steam and re-purchase Wolfpack.

Because if steem is the problem the only way you’re going to clear this without having to rely on their awful technical support staff, is to get it removed from your steam account and re-purchase.

As a quick test however if you have access to another PC, log into your steam account on that PC install Wolfpack and test if it works. Or you can even create a new user account on your PC and login to the same steam account and see if that works that will see if the problem is in your user files or if the problem is really with the steam activation of Wolfpack
Old 05-15-19, 03:22 AM   #7
zeeschuimer
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
I suggest you get a refund on the game from steam remove it from the library if you can, delete and uninstall steam, empty your trash, reboot your PC, reinstall steam and re-purchase Wolfpack.

Because if steem is the problem the only way you’re going to clear this without having to rely on their awful technical support staff, is to get it removed from your steam account and re-purchase.

As a quick test however if you have access to another PC, log into your steam account on that PC install Wolfpack and test if it works. Or you can even create a new user account on your PC and login to the same steam account and see if that works that will see if the problem is in your user files or if the problem is really with the steam activation of Wolfpack

Allright, pretty rigourous...Now I did something else. I completely deleted Steam, Wolfpack and anything related to Steam, both from HDD and registry (regedit). Still no result. I dont think rebuying will sove alny prblem, as I can download it and reinstall it. Isnt there another place where to get this game else than in Steam? Crashreport added.
Old 05-15-19, 04:35 AM   #8
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Quote:
Allright, pretty rigourous...Now I did something else. I completely deleted Steam, Wolfpack and anything related to Steam, both from HDD and registry (regedit). Still no result. I dont think rebuying will sove alny prblem, as I can download it and reinstall it. Isnt there another place where to get this game else than in Steam? Crashreport added.
It’s only on steam. I’d suggest a different user account or computer to isolate file corruption. You shouldn’t have to mess with the registry.
Old 05-15-19, 07:10 PM   #9
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

@Zeeschuimer

Quote:
According to these links it might also be related to Antivirus/malware scanning software, in particular DeepGuard by F-secure. Make sure you disable it (at least to test if it is the cause), or tell it to ignore the game (exclusion).

https://appuals.com/fix-application-...r-30000065432/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24292...4255097701170/

Asking Google about the error message would have provided these.
Old 05-16-19, 03:10 AM   #10
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Well that's what I get for making the assumption that the OP had done the basics... /smh.

Well done for nailing it down Pisces.
Old 05-16-19, 06:29 AM   #11
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Hasn't been nailed yet. Still needs confirmation that it was the cause. But it is a likely one.
Old 05-19-19, 10:51 AM   #12
zeeschuimer
Swabbie

Default No result...

The problem got different...but still no running game. Deepguard is switched of , reinstalled both Wolfpack (first) and Steam after. Reinstalled Steam in C:\Program Files (x86), reinstalled Wolfpack. Now I have the message in pop up like attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png Wolfpack Crash.PNG (12.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-19-19, 11:04 AM   #13
Pisces
Silent Hunter

You might want to contact the developers Einar or Oscar directly through the Wolfpack Discord. Or ask Onkel Neal how to get in contact with them and send that debug log file to them for anaylsis.

That said, Steam should be able to allow you to create an alternate folder to install games into. I suggest you create your own on the C-drive. And not let it end up being installed somewhere in 'Program Files'(-something). Maybe that will keep your AV isolated from it. Also, did you make an exclusion for the game?

Also, the Program Files (x86) is intended for 32-bit applications in a 64-bit OS. Wolfpack certainly needs more memory than a 32 bit application can handle. So maybe that is part of the problem. Why did you choose to install it in there?
Old 05-19-19, 11:19 AM   #14
zeeschuimer
Swabbie

Default No result....

Due to the link I got send (see below), I placed Steam into that folder.
https://appuals.com/fix-application-...r-30000065432/

All other games just run from Steam, so it must be something related to the game in combination with Steam.
Old 05-19-19, 11:53 AM   #15
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

zeeschuimer!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote