SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-20, 01:48 PM   #1
jericho791
A-ganger

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0
Default Mission Editing

Ahoy All!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. But I am trying my hand at mission editing. The first thing I wanted to attempt is to allow myself to select different sub classes for the submarine school missions. However, I can't seem to figure out how that is done. I looked at the other missions where the sub class is selectable, and there doesn't seem to be anything different.

I know I must be missing something.

I read some article about the date, but I changed the mission start date to 1945, and still, only Porpoise is selectable. Please help!
jericho791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 04:18 PM   #2
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

I am fairly new to to editing but I got advised not to use the editor but open the file with notepad then edit that.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 04:53 PM   #3
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho791 View Post
Ahoy All!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. But I am trying my hand at mission editing. The first thing I wanted to attempt is to allow myself to select different sub classes for the submarine school missions. However, I can't seem to figure out how that is done. I looked at the other missions where the sub class is selectable, and there doesn't seem to be anything different.

I read some article about the date, but I changed the mission start date to 1945, and still, only Porpoise is selectable. Please help!

Sub School missions cannot be edited, for that you have to copy them from the Sub School folder and paste them in the Data\SingleMissions folder, then adapt the file names inside to match the mission folder name. it's best to construct a mod with JSGME, so you don't mess with the original files. The mission will then appear in the game under the single missions and you can chose all submarines that are defined for their entry/exit date.

You should also be able now to open the mission with the Editor as long as the files are located directly in Data\SingleMissions or if you did create a project with the Editor before so it remembers the location (otherwise the Editor will crash if you try to open *.mis files from other locations).

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 07-06-20 at 09:19 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 06:07 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Ahoy All!

are you playing Stock 1.5 or some mega-mod such as Fall of the Rising Sun?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 07:51 AM   #5
jericho791
A-ganger

Downloads: 141

Thanks all for your responses. I will try those options.

I'm playing mostly stock 1.5 I have Real Environments installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Sub School missions cannot be edited, for that you have to copy them from the Sub School folder and paste them in the Data\SingleMissions folder, then adapt the file names inside to match the mission folder name. it's best to construct a mod with JSGME, so you don't mess with the original files. The mission will then appear in the game under the single missions and you can chose all submarines that are defined for their entry/exit date.

You should also be able now to open the mission with the Editor as long as the files are located directly in Data\SingleMissions or if you did create a project with the Editor before so it remembers the location (otherwise the Editor will crash if you try to open *.mis files from other locations).

XS

Since you mentioned it, do you know why / what prevents the subschool missions from being edited in that way?
jericho791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 10:00 AM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:

Since you mentioned it, do you know why / what prevents the subschool missions from being edited in that way?

No idea, no, I'm actually astonished you can't .

XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote