SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-20, 09:15 PM   #586
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
No, I definitely got a new boat. Started the war with U-37. When I upgraded to a Type IXB it was U-150.
How did you end up taking a trip to Australia in a IXA? I do see the IXA good until July 1943 at Wilhemshaven / Lorient 2d Flotilla, which is the Flotilla 4 in the game's upc file, and once the IXA "dies" on that date (no "TransfersTo), you might be put on a IXB, since it is active until August of 1944, where if you are still alive, you might then be put in the IXC, and transfer to Flensburg and the 33d Flotilla... but those are not "upgrades". They are Type IX boats. You do not always get a boat under those circumstances, especially if one is not at that particular base, or if the base moves. If you earn enough renown, you might move up to the XXI or XXIII...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 09:28 AM   #587
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

No idea, those were just the orders I got. Go to Fremantle and photograph stuff.

Can't remember whether that was my first assignment with the new IXB, may have been.

Anyway, when I got back from my second trip to Australia, I did indeed have enough renown to be offered a new boat. However, it was a Type XXIII. Insufficient range for mid-Atlantic patrols, but this is what I was assigned. So, I loaded my save from just before reaching home, and stuck with my IXB so I could finish out the war.
Old 07-06-20, 10:44 AM   #588
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Default 1.4 or 1.5

I take it this mod is for 1.5 couldn't find where it said
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 10:58 AM   #589
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Quote:
No idea, those were just the orders I got. Go to Fremantle and photograph stuff.

Can't remember whether that was my first assignment with the new IXB, may have been.

Anyway, when I got back from my second trip to Australia, I did indeed have enough renown to be offered a new boat. However, it was a Type XXIII. Insufficient range for mid-Atlantic patrols, but this is what I was assigned. So, I loaded my save from just before reaching home, and stuck with my IXB so I could finish out the war.
What I am wondering though, is were you based at Lorient, and assigned the Fremantle mission from there while you were in the IXA? That would mean that you "fell through" the mod's missions and end up with a "default" SH4 v1.5 Pacific assignment for a IXD2 boat. We can fix that for Fifi. As for finishing the war in a IXB, that won't happen, but after August of 1944, you might end up in a IXC to finish it out, or be offered another XXI or XXIII, which you can refuse again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
I take it this mod is for 1.5 couldn't find where it said
Yes, the mod requires the German "side", which is only available in v1.5 of course...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 11:45 AM   #590
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Amazing job. The U-boats look gorgeous.

Tried a quick mission and noticed this in a VIIB boat:

When rudder is straight it's OK though.

Probably the rudder 3D model is not properly aligned with the Y-axis.
Old 07-09-20, 11:54 AM   #591
HK_01
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Default Neutral Vessels

So, another question regarding the neutral vessels in the game: The convoys often have a huge percentage of Greek, Norwegian and Dutch vessels in them. Far more than British in every convoy I encountered so far, except for the troop transport convoys I encountered during the evacuation of the expeditionary force in Norway. Now, obviously Germany eventually declares war on these countries. Now that the Netherlands have surrendered, I got a radio message that their vessels are to be considered friendly - yet they are still part of British convoys. Can I sink them as enemies or do I get the 10x negative renown if I do so? Same for the Norwegian vessels.
HK_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 09:09 AM   #592
lederhosen
Planesman

Downloads: 422

yeah its a pain in the butt. Have to make sure what you shoot at.
But you could alter the "Basic.cfg" in the data folder to stop getting such a penalty.
Old 07-10-20, 11:20 PM   #593
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33

Is there a working tutorial in the mod, or can someone point to a tutorial video on Youtube fitting for the mod? Looks like I finally have to learn how to calculate torpedo solutions. xD
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 06:11 AM   #594
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Here's a fix for the Type VIIB rudders I reported earlier:

https://mega.nz/file/Q4oBQA7Z#naeyXz...t2Y5nQ_kfPzvUc

As predicted, the Y axis was not aligned with the hinge points of the rudder 3D models. An easy fix.
Old 07-11-20, 06:41 AM   #595
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Here's a fix for the Type VIIB rudders I reported earlier:

https://mega.nz/file/Q4oBQA7Z#naeyXz...t2Y5nQ_kfPzvUc

As predicted, the Y axis was not aligned with the hinge points of the rudder 3D models. An easy fix.
Cool
Thank you
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 10:38 AM   #596
WH4K
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What I am wondering though, is were you based at Lorient, and assigned the Fremantle mission from there while you were in the IXA? That would mean that you "fell through" the mod's missions and end up with a "default" SH4 v1.5 Pacific assignment for a IXD2 boat. We can fix that for Fifi. As for finishing the war in a IXB, that won't happen, but after August of 1944, you might end up in a IXC to finish it out, or be offered another XXI or XXIII, which you can refuse again.

Yes, the mod requires the German "side", which is only available in v1.5 of course...
Can answer this now. Have been based at Lorient the last few years of the war, but as it's now August 1944 probably not too much longer.

Just got upgraded to a IXC. Immediately sent to photograph Fremantle. Third trip. Orders in French again. Interesting.

Have schnorkel. Have noticed that it's not much practical use. Aircraft seem to have no trouble picking it up on radar & bombing me. Radar warning receiver antenna must not be mounted on schnorkel.

BTW, if you really want to nitpick, there's some missing descriptive text when you're looking at the various Schnorkel models in base. Can maybe get a screenshot if it would help. Basically the description for the Type X Schnorkel seems incomplete. Game lets you Schnorkel-cruise at 9 kts but I believe it should be limited to 8 or less.
Old 07-12-20, 11:28 AM   #597
WH4K
Frogman

Lorient fell while I was at sea. What now, do I just go full Flying Dutchman?

No friendly harbor on the map has the "tilted anchor" indication. I'm able to refit, but not end patrol.
Old 07-12-20, 12:18 PM   #598
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:

No friendly harbor on the map has the "tilted anchor" indication. I'm able to refit, but not end patrol.
Never been that far...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 01:51 PM   #599
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:

sometimes, the base-engine gets behind real time.
find a safe place to hole-up for a day or two and a new base will pop.
this happens in Stock, also, so do not feel the need to vent on DW.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 02:03 PM   #600
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Lorient has fallen...

Quote:

Hey, from what I recall, Lorient fell into the purview of The 2nd U-boat Flotilla (German 2. Unterseebootsflottille), also known as the Saltzwedel Flotilla, was the second operational U-boat unit.

Founded on 1 September 1936 under the command of Fregattenkapitän Werner Scheer, it was named in honor of Oberleutnant zur See Reinhold Saltzwedel. Saltzwedel, a U-boat commander during World War I, died on 2 December 1917, when his submarine UB-81 was sunk by a mine in the English Channel.

The flotilla was based in Kiel for the first few weeks after its formation, but was later moved to Wilhelmshaven, where it remained until May 1940. In June 1940, the flotilla was moved to Lorient in France until it was disbanded in August 1944.

Its history ended in August 1944 when the last boats left Lorient for Norway.

don't know if 2nd Flotilla merged with another one, after that time.. & can't seem to locate any source material to see if that holds true. What is known is that the war ended less than a year later, on May 7th, 1945 for Germany.

After a tad bit of looking through 10 flotilla's, starting with 1st & stopping after the 10th flotilla, it seems that 5th merged with 1st, after Jan. 1940... but as for 2nd, nary a clue...

Side note:

After reviewing a number of Uboat flotilla info on uboat.net , it seems that flotilla were pretty much history at that stage in the war & what ones remains pretty much operated as 1 flotilla, as it were up until wars end... so NOT exactly rogue or 'Flying Dutchman' as you mentioned.. but there you have it...

Best guess is, after Aug./Sept. of 1944, you're pretty much left to fend for supplies as you are able to as there seems to be no known port to refer to as Home. 1 thing to note, is that the majority of the flotilla's I looked into as was able to any way, left their bases in France & made for Norway, where as far as it went of being reorganized into cohesive flotilla units seems to have fallen apart at that point.