SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-19, 08:12 PM   #16
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

Is it possible to get your file from somewhere else?
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-19, 06:03 AM   #17
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

"Missions for Collins" were in fact original missions from 688 H/K with changed LA to Collins

Really funny, because first or second mission goal was TLAM attack and "creator" of this "new missions for Collins" probably forget about lacking of TLAM missiles onboard Collins class :P

Btw 688 H/K missions are adapted to RA - you can find them in scenario folder if you use RA mod.
Old 03-18-19, 09:38 AM   #18
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Is there a reason why you put creator in brackets? Furthermore what you consider funny is not really of my concern and I rather check for myself and I´m glad for everyone that tries to create content for DW. Besides, when several guys tell you to reconsider your attitude perhaps its indeed worth a try.

Anyways not here for an argument just for the file.
Old 03-18-19, 02:25 PM   #19
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

When you shows someone else work as your work only because you changed title and playable unit (btw incompetently) it is an argument for criticism.

Btw those files werent available to play without messing with database - which may corrupt MP games.

It's a shame you don't understand things like intellectual property and copyrights.

If you wanna play this original 688 H/K in RA with different platform you can just add in editor:
"Player has choice of platform" attribute, and it will work better than "Collins version" because you dont need to mess with database.

Quote:
Besides, when several guys tell you to reconsider your attitude perhaps its indeed worth a try.
I did and now i'm sure my attitude is exactly like i want
It prevent's me from writing tons of useless advices like people who don't like my style. I know it's painful to you because some time ago i prooved you were wrong and i'm sure you remember this very well.
Old 03-18-19, 06:00 PM   #20
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
When you shows someone else work as your work only because you changed title and playable unit (btw incompetently) it is an argument for criticism.
I consider your comment an insult and have reported it. It's now up to the administrators to fix. Also I request this post be locked.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.

Last edited by Fearless; 03-18-19 at 06:08 PM.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-19, 03:32 AM   #21
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

LOL, what insulsts you? The fact that you have made "your" missions unplayable or the fact that you public them as your own work while they are from 688 H/K?

Missions were unplayable without adding additional "hull number" for Collins class and because you forget about changing main goals like TLAM strike (Collins is unable for launching TLAM's).

All of your missions have exactly the same names

In my opinion you should write a word about it but you didn't.

At first i didn't recognise these little changed missions from 688 H/K
I was too excited playing something "new".

Btw i asked Crazy Ivan for adding your favourite Collins hull number (Rankin) and currently is playable.

So if you feel reporting me is necessarily, do what you have to. I don't care.
I still have "your missions" and everyone can do own "research" by comparison RAN OS Perisher and 688 H/K missions rebuilded for RA

RAN OS Perisher

(link above is only for comparison and it's mission pack published by @Fearless as his own)

Old 03-19-19, 02:28 PM   #22
MANoWAR.U52
Loader

Quote:
I did and now i'm sure my attitude is exactly like i want
It prevent's me from writing tons of useless advices like people who don't like my style.
Well then good luck with being the forum´s prime douche-hat here. For sure will end as a success story for you here.

Also consider your strange believe that there is even an interest in hearing what you call "advice" as mistaken.

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 03-19-19 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-19-19, 03:50 PM   #23
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

I don't understand you: all what you ask about DW you have answer from me (suggestions of good solutions). But you are angry because it's from me.

I will tell you something. I don't care of your opinion and what you think about me. If you ask here about DW and I have proper knowledge I just answer to anybody who ask.

I do not gives advices like:

"If you are new to DW you should 2 months train making turns on your sub"

Its because DW is NOT on this level of simulation. I know somone can think "its cool" but for me it's just intentional misinformation for building myth "DW is only for pro gamers" (which is not true)

Returning to clue of my reply...

In this topic I gave you:
1. Solution how to play these missions with any playable submarine
2. Where to find those missions in RA
3. Advice how to play missions redesigned by @Fearles
4. Warning about fact that some missions redesigned by @Fearles are unable to complete
5. Link to originaly redesigned missions by @Fearles

Nobody gave you more than me :P

And you can only blame me.
It's really funny for me because it shows who you really are.
And it shows that you are just jealous
Old 03-20-19, 06:06 AM   #24
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
LOL, what insulsts you? The fact that you have made "your" missions unplayable or the fact that you public them as your own work while they are from 688 H/K?

Missions were unplayable without adding additional "hull number" for Collins class and because you forget about changing main goals like TLAM strike (Collins is unable for launching TLAM's).

All of your missions have exactly the same names

In my opinion you should write a word about it but you didn't.

At first i didn't recognise these little changed missions from 688 H/K
I was too excited playing something "new".

Btw i asked Crazy Ivan for adding your favourite Collins hull number (Rankin) and currently is playable.

So if you feel reporting me is necessarily, do what you have to. I don't care.
I still have "your missions" and everyone can do own "research" by comparison RAN OS Perisher and 688 H/K missions rebuilded for RA

RAN OS Perisher

(link above is only for comparison and it's mission pack published by @Fearless as his own)

I did NOT give you permission to re-release the mission as I deleted it.

I REQUEST THAT YOU DELETE THE LINK NOW.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 08:17 AM   #25
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Strange because missions were public for free using, without additional licence requests.
Btw unlike you, I wrote who is the author :P

And you gave me permission:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Mission has been deleted. Do what you wish with it.
Old 03-20-19, 04:22 PM   #26
techsubdiver
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

One guy unpolitely mocks content makers for not delivering a perfect download or because it is from 688 (who the heck cares?) and who also does a neat job in scaring anyone away from the DW and RA mod threads and the other guy dramatically overreacts while screaming "lock this thread!" as if nuclear missile codes where released here.

And you know who suffers the most... The small dw community here. I really hope new and old who will see this here won´t start think twice and thrice before doing missions or mods for the best modern marine sim around. Everyone be sure that we´re happy for every addition you may provide and we do not require 100% perfection. Some of us however should re-learn to show some respect and at least show some appreciation for the free work of others no matter of the perceived quality, not just happily take and download without taking any second to say thanks. This way also the negative, detterent posts stand out and you can bet that these makers and many others learning from this role-model never will return to improve or make more.

Decades ago things were different in the naval modding scene, not so much "take!, take!, take!" folks around. I know this isn´t social studies class here but this culture sickens me and incidents like this here urged me to write it down somewhere in the infinite space of internet.
techsubdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 05:02 PM   #27
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

You're right, techsub. It really only take a little effort to be civil and helpful but some people just can't manage that. I appreciate when people try to help each other.

Can we try to smooth this out guys? It would be beneficial to all of us.
Old 03-20-19, 05:52 PM   #28
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
One guy unpolitely mocks content makers...
content makers - LOL. One question: did you downolad and play this scenarios? Im sure not. You know why i kwow about it? Because those missions are unplayable and you even don't know about it.

Quote:
...for not delivering a perfect download or because it is from 688 (who the heck cares?)
You don't understand. Download was ok, and nobody cares is this missions are from 688 H/K or SC. But someone did great job making this missions available for playing under DW+RA and they were described as "missions from 688 HK". So i think its "not polite" to change name of mission file and playable platform and call it "its my new missions" because it misleads players.

I was only one who did test of these missions because nobody (even pseudo author) hadn't time or patience to change manualy wrong strings in txt edidor or mess with game database every time when you want to play Fearless version. It proved in my video from game - check post #4
Its very easy to accuse someone without even little research.

Quote:
... and who also does a neat job in scaring anyone away from the DW and RA mod threads
Guy made mission pack only for himself without any word about it's in fact little moddified someone else work and you suggest me it was great work for DW community? In my opinion it's not only useles but also unfair for real missions designer and modder.
I hope next time these kind of "mission designers" will think twice about releasing broken, useless and violating intellectual property and good manners stuff.
Thinking they doing something usefull for DW community is very naive.

Quote:
And you know who suffers the most... The small dw community here.
Active community mostly suffers from subsim DW politic. Nobody upload own missions here because subsim don't allow for something more than empty maps with some names and lines - without any task, ships, playable platforms etc.
I've tried few times but subsim always plays in cat and mouse (yyy said: it's not my role to upload, talk to xxx. Later and : its not my role to upload missions, talk with yyy and so on)
If you want to find new missions for DW subsim is not good place. Check redrodgers, Betasom, or one of discord channels.

Quote:
Some of us however should re-learn to show some respect
I agree. Calling others "douche-hat" shows very low level of manners.
Can you say something about my manners?

Quote:
and at least show some appreciation for the free work
Exactly! If you use someones work, you should write about it.

Quote:
Decades ago things were different in the naval modding scene
True, because decades ago naval modding scene didn't exist

Last edited by p7p8; 03-20-19 at 06:01 PM.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 06:24 PM   #29
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

Active community mostly suffers from subsim DW politic. Nobody upload own missions here because subsim don't allow for something more than empty maps with some names and lines - without any task, ships, playable platforms etc.
I've tried few times but subsim always plays in cat and mouse (yyy said: it's not my role to upload, talk to xxx. Later and : its not my role to upload missions, talk with yyy and so on)
If you want to find new missions for DW subsim is not good place. Check redrodgers, Betasom, or one of discord channels.

Sorry, I don't understand. What politic are you talking about? How is it difficult to send me a PM and then I give you access to upload missions? WHo is xxx and yyy ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111Capture.JPG (35.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-20-19, 06:57 PM   #30
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

After clicking there was opened PM to Sailor Steve. But he sent me to you.
Check your PM from dates 02-26-2017 and 03-01-2017
Exchange takes 3 PM's and no answer. But in the same time +/- 3 days were uploaded Stewy1 maps (if i remember correctly username).