SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-19, 07:42 AM   #1396
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Hi,
Yes it is included in the campaign file and it works. You only have to install h.sie patch.
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 08:06 AM   #1397
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post
Hi,
Yes it is included in the campaign file and it works. You only have to install h.sie patch.

That's awesome, thanks for your reply!
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 09:59 AM   #1398
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

I am trying to get sh3 commander to work in WAC. So I activated sh3 commander for WAC in JSGM. But do I need install the Commander separately? I don't see much instruction about how to get commander to work so please help me.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 11:58 AM   #1399
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

Yes you install another jsgme in sh3 commander folder. That will create another MODS folder in sh3 commander folder too. Place "WAC_5.0_CommanderMod" in this MODS folder. Finaly with this new jsgme activate "WAC_5.0_CommanderMod" mod.

http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...dpost&p=438926

Last edited by ericlea; 04-06-19 at 02:19 PM.
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 06:03 PM   #1400
Progrocker
Gunner

Downloads: 18

No chance to have the Pacific/Indian ocean campaign (Penang base) added for IXD2 subs in the future?
Progrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 10:14 PM   #1401
tomandre81
Watch

Downloads: 47
Default What kind of mods?

Hi, I tested your WAC campaign and I liked what I saw.
Sadly I can't stand the uber long loading times and it's random CTD, so now I have started making my own compilation of mods.

So far so good, haven't CTD in 3 days.

But I am wondering if you could list the mods used? I especially liked the explosion / fire and damage you used.

tomandre81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 10:39 PM   #1402
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953

Is it necessary to start un August 1939 with sh3 comander 3.2?
When I start in september ctd.
Is the sh3 comander 3.2 compatible with WAC 5.2?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 01:15 AM   #1403
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Is it necessary to start un August 1939 with sh3 comander 3.2?
When I start in september ctd.
Is the sh3 comander 3.2 compatible with WAC 5.2?
Not necessary to start in 39. Start any date you want.
Yes it’s compatible with 5.2.
Just make sure to start same flotilla you’ve chosen in Commander than in WAC career screen
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 10:15 AM   #1404
Wolfcat
Chief

Just out of my experience to help random crashes:

1. Loading from "Before mission" saves usually leads to crash. I only load from in-patrol saves or "After mission" saves

2. My HD goes into sleep after a few minutes of inactivity. I always moves my mouse from time to time to keep it from going into sleep. I found that helps out a lot.

3. When you quit in the middle of a patrol using "save and exit patrol". That save is often corrupted somehow. So for every patrol, I always have 3 normal saves and one called "dump" that I do "save and exit" on. So next time I reload my patrol, I always load the one above "dump"

My load usually takes about 6-7 minutes (the red progressive bar). If there is a crash during loading, it would always be between 70% and 75%. If it passes the 75% mark, I know that I would definitely get a good load. So around 70% I would move mouse around more actively to prevent HD going into sleep or idle mode.
Old 05-04-19, 03:53 AM   #1405
padi
Officer

Downloads: 126
Exclamation Bug Report

The Evarts and Somers Classes aren´t using either their hydrophone or their ASDIC.
You could reproduce this by going into the editor, placing the ship and a submerged sub a few hundred meters in front of it.
You could go ahead flank without being noticed. After I went to the surface to be spotted and submerged when they fired on me the ship is dropping DCs on the exakt position and in very shallow depth where I submerged and is still not using hydrophone or ASDIC.
I tested this in every year of the war with only WAC 5.0 and the Patch to 5.2 activated...

And the Fletcher class is converted to the DCRack_SH4, but has the node positioning from the DCRack which leads to wrong positioning...

Join the Real ASW Mod Discord-Server:
https://discord.gg/Yg5ZE25

Last edited by padi; 05-04-19 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Added Fletcher
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 08:47 AM   #1406
York2016
Swabbie

Downloads: 230

I seem to have a wierd problem with my install. For some reason my patrols keep getting cut short because i somehow collide with nothing and sink. There was no contacts anywhere in my vicinity when it happened (No ships, and Britain hadnt yet declared war on Germany so aircraft arent a problem. There was no land nearby either that was intersecting with my route) but yet i died unless my watchmen are THAT incompetent and didnt sight a ship about to collide right into us and drop us out of time compression.

I was just on my way to my patrol route, i had just passed by a neutral ship and submarine heading the opposite direction (they were 10km east of my position, heading southeast while i was heading northwest) and they had completely exited my watchmen's sight range. I start using time compression again and then...sunk somehow, due to a collision.

Combine that with the 5-8 minute loading times and you can probably understand why it can be frustrating...

When the mod does work, its quite great though. Dont get me wrong :P

Last edited by York2016; 05-06-19 at 09:20 AM.
York2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 03:11 AM   #1407
ybar
Watch

Downloads: 259
Default Errors in the WAC 5.2 Identification Book

Did not it happen to you too, to find that despite a good calculation of your AOB, the torpedoes did not reach their target?

To check for errors, download the "ALLIES-02" mission (to be placed in "\ data \ SingleMissions \ English")
The 10 tankers will go to exactly 2,000 m at the bearing 315 (the AOB angle must be 45 °)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hottew365n...ES-02.zip?dl=0

You will find other errors in the ships that follow this 1st ship:

By moving the ring of the disk RAOBF on 20 (20 hectometres) and on 45 (AOB) one finds the good values
I hope these errors will disappear soon in a future update.

PS) Calculations in yellow (Ratio Reel/Observed) are indicated for the players who do not want to use the disk RAOBF

Picture tanker Empire celt corrected (with calculs)
EmpireCelt-corrected.jpg

Picture mission:
calculs-raobf-1.jpg

-----

Last edited by ybar; 05-12-19 at 01:29 AM.
ybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 08:34 PM   #1408
Wolfcat
Chief

@york, Was your sudden death cause by under water mines? Just my guess. One time I was fooling around near English channel and suddenly died without warning. Later I reload and went back and saw there were mines there.

@ybar, I agree with you the info in recognition manual has a lot of fubar. I even started to collect my own data. Most errors are in those ships that added by mods. I find the info for those ships in the original vanilla game are mostly correct.
Old 05-25-19, 01:03 AM   #1409
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229

Hi! I had a fresh install of WAC5 together with MAGUI for WAC5 yesterday and it seems that the TDC panel on the OBS periscope refuses to slide out by mouse clicking. Has anybody experienced the same problem before? A possible fix maybe? Thank you!
Old 06-06-19, 03:05 PM   #1410
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953

Why is the officer alway on alert mode?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote