SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-16-07, 10:18 AM   #46
poor sailor
XO

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

First I must to say that this mod looks great! I also tried this mod in combination with "My favourite dials mod" and Maraz solution for problem with whizwheel is good and works o.k. Thanks!
poor sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 10:45 AM   #47
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

I'm glad people are having success with the tools. Thanks for the positive feedback

@abel

The attack plate isn't really the primary instrument that one would have expected, it's true, but as you say it looks great. It is more helpful at longer range for really getting into a good position for a convoy attack, but as you imply, getting a good position isn't as important as before.

Still if you would like to keep it, one thing that could be done is to port the whole tool over to the attack map screen, but that would be quite time consuming.

An alternative would be to have it as a slideout function, but as you have a screen full of slideouts, finding a spare spot to keep it could be difficult.:hmm:

If you give me a suggestion I'll put it there.

On a more positive note, in the near future Onelifecrisis' complete new GUI with U-jagd could be the solution to all problems!
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 12:16 PM   #48
abel29a
Helmsman

Downloads: 2

[QUOTE=joegrundman]An alternative would be to have it as a slideout function, but as you have a screen full of slideouts, finding a spare spot to keep it could be difficult.:hmm: [QUOTE]

Hehe indeed If possible placing it at the center top screen would work for me at least, as I have nothing sliding out there. (just to the left of the Stop Watch) I'll see if I can get a screenshot tonight showing a good place for it. As for porting it to the NAV or Attack map screen, that would have been the ideal solution - I'll have a look and see if I can get it to work. (Altough, with my complete lack of modding experience this will probably take months )

"Sieben Tankern schlug die letze Stund,
die U-Falle sank träger.
Zwei Frachter liegen mit auf Grund,
Versenkt vom Paukenschläger."
- Reinhard Hardegen, U-123
GWX 1.03 and loving it....
abel29a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 12:21 PM   #49
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel29a
As for porting it to the NAV or Attack map screen, that would have been the ideal solution
Adding dials to the Attack Map screen (using the TDC page) is easy enough, but Joe and I have been unable to get any dials working in the navmap page.

Just adding a dial in the normal way doesn't work. I tried adding a new page and making that page a child of the navmap page but that doesn't work either; in fact the number of pages ("groups") and the functions allowed on each page, seem to be hardcoded! If anyone knows if/where these settings can be hex-edited (or any other method of getting a dial to work on the navmap page) please let us know!
Old 10-16-07, 01:52 PM   #50
Maraz
Navy Dude

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman
Maraz, if you could post your solution, that would be great! Thanks for your effort!

Ok this is the only modification I made at the menu_1024_768.ini for make it work with "Poor Sailor's Favourite Dials + Integrated Orders" mod (this includes the large 6 dials as well as the Peri/UZO TDC:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Angriffsscheibe

[G3F Ixxx]
Name=KM whizwheel
Type=1026; Menu Group
ItemID=0x3F4E1000
ParentID=0x3F1C0000;3F000000
Pos=-800,-10,500,400
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

The one in bold is the only line I changed.

I must say that the installation instruction for the DIY version are quite easy and srtaighforward, so having some complicated mods already installed should not discourage anyone from trying this excellent mod.

Thanks very much for your work
Maraz

First career: VIIB
U-54
Current career (Black Sea): IID U-24

GWX 2.1, U-Jagd Tools, 100% difficulty, manual targeting, DiD,

Maraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 06:13 PM   #51
abel29a
Helmsman

Downloads: 2

The mod is working perfectly with the slide out dials now. Thanks for the tip, Maraz.

And the Wiz wheel is not that obtrusive at all, so thats a keeper as well, since I am already used to clicking away the rudder right away after making corrections. Excellent all around

"Sieben Tankern schlug die letze Stund,
die U-Falle sank träger.
Zwei Frachter liegen mit auf Grund,
Versenkt vom Paukenschläger."
- Reinhard Hardegen, U-123
GWX 1.03 and loving it....

Last edited by abel29a; 10-16-07 at 06:52 PM.
abel29a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 10:26 AM   #52
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Hey guys, great mod, had a ball with the GWX version doing the "happy times" mission! LOL! What a turkey shoot with the Jagd-tools! How quickly one can get the 25000 tons!

I have a challenge, I tried to integrate Jagd Tools into Ducimus "Flavored to Taste Final" version using the GWX DIY kit. It was a dismal failure! I rechecked all my work a ton of times with no luck. Am I just wasting my time?

I am going to try again today. Oh just so that you know when I launch the game the progress bar moves along and then stops short 3/4 of the way, you hear a beep and you get a menu ID error and you have to shut down SH3 through the Task Manager.

Oh and Jagd Tools does work with Ducimus' FTT Final if you JSGME it right over the top.

Wilcke
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 10:38 AM   #53
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Hi,

the menu ID error is something I became very familiar with when building this mod

If it works fine with Ducimus' FTTusing JSGME, then i don't see what the problem is. But anyway...

I'm assuming you haven't changed any of the Parent IDs or Item IDs. If so, then the error is most likely one of sequencing.

If you follow these steps you should hopefully find the source of the error

Firstly double check Dials.cfg that you have correctly continued the numbered sequence of dial numbers. Also check that you increased the DialsNo= Line at the beginning of the file to be the same is the value of the last entry+1.

The error was unlikely to be there, so move on to the next stage. Open the menu_1024_768 and double check that all the new entries are numbered correctly. Watch out for those entries that are G26 and those that are G3F. You need to number them to continue from their respective sections, rather than from each other. I.e. the first entry of the AOB finder should follow on from the last section of G26. The first section of the Attack disk should follow on from the last entry of G3F.

If all this appears correct, the look at the end of the menu file, but just before where you pasted this mod. Look to see if any other entries to the G3F or G26 files are there. This is where the FLB Sale Navmap mod is kept, for example, and if you have it, you may have missed it when trying to find the final entry of the variuos sections.

Hope this does it for you

Joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
Old 10-17-07, 11:42 AM   #54
Wilcke
The Old Man

Thanks Joe,

Another detailed look today, revealed my errors. Man its tough to catch sequence errors on an LCD. My eyes are just toast! LOL

I am literally going to keep hacking at it here at work and then try it tonight. Thanks for the help, I feel pretty certain that I have a handle on it!

Take care man!

Wilcke
Old 10-17-07, 06:43 PM   #55
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Downloads: 13

The mod is wonderful, and Maraz modification in the menu_1024_768 to bring the whizz-wheel to the screen center using Poor Sailor´s dials works perfectly!

The only (very minor) problem I find is a reflection on top of the new draggable Stoppuhr; it seems the reflection of the old draggable chronometer. I´m almost sure to have copied all the modifications OK...

Thanks for this mod!
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
GWX Saint Nazaire, Schleuse and units
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
Rubini´s lifeboats and debris
D.i.D.
Klaus_Doldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 07:26 PM   #56
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Hi Klaus Doldinger.

Hmm I thought i'd removed that annoying reflection. It's like a ^%$^%$ bad penny. I feel like i've removed it a hundred times and it still comes back! Are you using U-jagd 1.1? If so, it might be better to use 1.2.

Go to the U-jagd chrono section in the menu_1024_768, and find the entry that says. (Oh, now i can see, it's still there! )

Name=Reflection
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x3FF00006
ParentID=0x3FF00000
Pos=0,80,260,260
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/Reflex.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

Comment out the tga so it looks like this

;Mat 0=data/menu/gui/Reflex.tga

that should do it

joe
Old 10-17-07, 07:55 PM   #57
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Quote:
Hitman, JoeGrundman, and Onelifecrisis... Awesome work you guys! Great mod!!!
Coming from you it's a great compliment! We're honoured
Indeed we are
Old 10-17-07, 08:33 PM   #58
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Quote:
Hitman, JoeGrundman, and Onelifecrisis... Awesome work you guys! Great mod!!!
Coming from you it's a great compliment! We're honoured
Indeed we are
Oh crap Joe, now I look like the odd one out! :p

Thanks Kpt L and to everyone else.

And while I'm here I'd like to say that almost all the credit for these tools belongs to Hitman and Joe; I didn't make a single image or write a single line of "code" - my role here was... well I would call it "technical advisor"
Old 10-18-07, 02:13 AM   #59
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Hi Klaus Doldinger.

Hmm I thought i'd removed that annoying reflection. It's like a ^%$^%$ bad penny. I feel like i've removed it a hundred times and it still comes back! Are you using U-jagd 1.1? If so, it might be better to use 1.2.

Go to the U-jagd chrono section in the menu_1024_768, and find the entry that says. (Oh, now i can see, it's still there! )

Name=Reflection
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x3FF00006
ParentID=0x3FF00000
Pos=0,80,260,260
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/Reflex.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

Comment out the tga so it looks like this

;Mat 0=data/menu/gui/Reflex.tga

that should do it

joe
Many thanks for the quick answer! In fact I´m using version 1.2.

I´ll try this modification in menu as soon as I´ve finished less important things like working!

Yes, this is the mod so many we were waiting for. Absolutely wonderful.
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
GWX Saint Nazaire, Schleuse and units
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
Rubini´s lifeboats and debris
D.i.D.
Klaus_Doldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-07, 10:18 AM   #60
Wilcke
The Old Man

Great Mod!

I am trying to merge the U-jagd mod with Ducimus' Flavored to Taste Final version. I am hitting the brick wall, still getting the menu id error and then SH3 stops loading.

Anyone else frustrating themselves needlessly, just PM me and maybe we can do this together.:rotfl:

Thanks,

Wilcke out....