SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-21, 04:22 AM   #1
Tomek4494
Watch

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default TWoS Campaign transfer workaround - destroyed unique units are still active

This workaround works for me always very fine, but I have some doubts. Look - in campaign Happy Times I was very lucky - couple of BBs (Royal Oak, Malaya, Barham, Queen Elizabeth) have been destroyed by my U-Boot. But now in Mare Nostrum in file CampaignProgress.cfg I can see that for example Royal Oak is still active (look screenshots).

Now there is my question - if I change status for certain units to active=false, dead=true, I have guarantee that I will not spot them anymore in MN (or any future) campaign? What should I do set more in .cfg and .upc to prevent such situation?

Another question is - Royal Oak historically has been sunk 14.10.1939, so its status should be "dead" anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh5_status.jpg (19.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg sh5_status1.jpg (18.8 KB, 7 views)
Tomek4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 08:28 AM   #2
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek4494 View Post
(look screenshots).

Now there is my question - if I change status for certain units to active=false, dead=true, I have guarantee that I will not spot them anymore in MN (or any future) campaign? What should I do set more in .cfg and .upc to prevent such situation?

Another question is - Royal Oak historically has been sunk 14.10.1939, so its status should be "dead" anyway.
Since I have no other information to go on... is the information correct as it stands? The title entry in your first picture states October 9, 1939.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 09:59 AM   #3
Tomek4494
Watch

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

How to read my screenshots: on the left - CareerTrack.upc file (which says that i sunk Royal Oak at 3rd October 1939), on the right actual CampaignProgress.cfg file from MareNostrum campaign. Royal Oak is active=true, dead=false.
Tomek4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 10:22 AM   #4
NIDGE2112
Mate

Downloads: 566
Uploads: 6

Don,t know if this helps, I did the Scapa Flow mission and sank the two biggies (royal Oak was one) and got home for tea and medals/renown.

Two weeks bunker shore leave, off to Scapa again, got there with 2 days left for that mission. 5 ships destroyed, no biggies this time (obviously because I dealt with them previously.
It seemed the defenses were more alert this time so it was harder to sneak in and out.

On the way back to base a radio message informs another u-boat sank the Royal Oak whilst I was on bunker shore leave lol (stolen Valor)

Great mission even so, thanks to Vecko and fellow modders (Too many to mention) for making this sim amazing, keep up the good work.

Nidge
NIDGE2112 is offline   Reply With Quote