SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-21, 04:28 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Coordinates for starting at Cavite

Does anyone have the proper in game coordinates for starting at Cavite in 1941? Though I had them and keep starting at Manila lol . Just trying to save myself some time. I have it where start at sub base in Pearl and correct place in Fremantle.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 05:01 PM   #2
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Can't you get those in the Mission Editor?
Old 03-22-21, 05:33 PM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Does anyone have the proper in game coordinates for starting at Cavite in 1941? Though I had them and keep starting at Manila lol . Just trying to save myself some time. I have it where start at sub base in Pearl and correct place in Fremantle.
Flotillas.UPC would be where i would look.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 07:47 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The Mission Editor fershure fersertin. The Flotillas.upc holds the vailues used. Open Campaign_LOC.mis in the ME, and zoom-in on the desired area

While this is almost all the way in, it is not close enough yet. btw, this is the FotRSU Sangley Point / Cavite Naval Base - definitely not accurate, but better than stock...

- You need to Go All The Way...

Sorry, got distracted there...
You need to zoom-in all of the way:

I inserted a US NSS_Balao boat, set to 270° and moved it close to the dock, then centered the mouse pointer as close to the middle of the sub's green circle to come up with the figures in the bottom border. Sorry 'bout the sad state of the red "artwork", but my freehand pencil work is a tad on the rough side... anyway, plug those figures in, the "DepartureDescription1=" or 2 or 3 or however many spots you want to possibly start from. In this case, it would be "14509193, 1737828, 270". Pay attention to places like Pearl, or Fremantle etc. where you are east of the 180, or south of the equator (or both), and are dealing with a negative number. Also, the Stock game will have ".000000" after those whole numbers, if you have to get it down to less than a foot of distance... Your particular location will be different, of course. If you add a boat for "visual aid", don't forget to delete it... You might also want to "Merge" the US_NavalBase and / or US_HarbourTraffic mis files, if you are in a crowded area, so you know where NOT to put your spawn-in spot...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 01:22 PM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The Mission Editor fershure fersertin. The Flotillas.upc holds the vailues used. Open Campaign_LOC.mis in the ME, and zoom-in on the desired area

While this is almost all the way in, it is not close enough yet. btw, this is the FotRSU Sangley Point / Cavite Naval Base - definitely not accurate, but better than stock...

- You need to Go All The Way...

Sorry, got distracted there...
You need to zoom-in all of the way:

I inserted a US NSS_Balao boat, set to 270° and moved it close to the dock, then centered the mouse pointer as close to the middle of the sub's green circle to come up with the figures in the bottom border. Sorry 'bout the sad state of the red "artwork", but my freehand pencil work is a tad on the rough side... anyway, plug those figures in, the "DepartureDescription1=" or 2 or 3 or however many spots you want to possibly start from. In this case, it would be "14509193, 1737828, 270". Pay attention to places like Pearl, or Fremantle etc. where you are east of the 180, or south of the equator (or both), and are dealing with a negative number. Also, the Stock game will have ".000000" after those whole numbers, if you have to get it down to less than a foot of distance... Your particular location will be different, of course. If you add a boat for "visual aid", don't forget to delete it... You might also want to "Merge" the US_NavalBase and / or US_HarbourTraffic mis files, if you are in a crowded area, so you know where NOT to put your spawn-in spot...

I asked because in spite of having the coordinates from the ME (which worked before) it keeps putting my elsewhere, will check the harbor traffic.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 03:03 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well, there is this little Secret of the Save Folder (coming soon to a theatre near you). After you make edits in the Flotillas and other files of that ilk, you either have to empty the Save folder to clear the old info, or start a new career under a new name. It can get very difficult after about a hundred sixty-three failed tests to keep coming up with new names, to the point that you will eventually empty the save folder. But if you use like "D B Cooper" for the first try, then "Ricky Bobby" for the second, and "A L Ouicious" for the 3rd try, then you can usually (usually) rely on new data for that particular career. Also, don't be doing like I have done more times than I care to remember, and two copies of the same mod, one that you play, and one that you edit / mod, with two differently named folders, of course, but you get them confused and edit the play folder and play the edit / mod folder, and the twixt shall never twain... wait, that's two for two...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote