Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-21, 02:52 PM   #1
Asai Hatsuyo
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Support Unable to dock in TWoS 2.2 - Help Requested

So i'm relatively new to Silent Hunter 5, and by extension, Silent Hunter in general, so i was pretty suprised that i even figured out how to install TWoS among other mods, and i was blown away by the ammount of things there are using TWoS, and by the eye candy bestowed upon me. So i go out on my first Patrol, Leaving Memel harbour, and im greeted by a beautiful Sunrise, and a harbour canal bustling with life, ships of various countries and sizes moving around, and more. On my first patrol i encountered and sunk a small supply convoy, watched a stuka airstrike on a few destroyers, and made it back to base unscathed.

I pull into the Sub-Pen, still stricken with amazement, and notice that i have yet no idea how to dock. the usual Dock button from The Vanilla game doesnt seem to show up, and im getting slightly confused at this point. I tried using Shift+Z to remove and bring back the UI, still nothing. I sift through youtube, try my luck finding an existing thread here, Try fiddling with various Submenus and buttons, and sat there for a good half hour trying to dock finally, yet to no avail. Even now, After sifting through youtube again trying to find a playthrough of someone docking using TWoS, but when i finally found one that bit is conveniently cut out. So here i am, finally giving in, after holding off making a thread like this yesterday, but i really cant figure it out, and it sort of hurts. i must either be stupid or be missing something obvious, and it disappoints me that it had to be this way.

So someone please help me, my dearest fellow Kaleuns, how in Gods earth does one dock?

In the images below im showing that i am in harbour and have my Primary Objective completed, and that the harbour im trying to pull into does have the sub-icon next to it. is it because the icon is so far inland that it doesnt work? im really confused.
Asai Hatsuyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 03:33 PM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai Hatsuyo View Post
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]made it back to base unscathed.
Which base? IIRC, you should get message during this mission that you are being rebased to Kiel, if you've returned to back to Memel that might be the cause for being unable to end mission.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 03:36 PM   #3
ingsoc39
Seaman

Downloads: 49

Hi, I so wish I could be of assistance to you, I'm still stuck on how to install the TWoS mod! I'm trying to install over a fresh install of the Ubisoft connect version of the game, its says I must first do this:

If you own Digital/Ubisoft Connect download version of the game, you'll have to perform manual sh5.exe replacement
before you proceed to TWoS installation.

Do you know what this means? Thanks!

ingsoc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 03:42 PM   #4
Asai Hatsuyo
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Which base? IIRC, you should get message during this mission that you are being rebased to Kiel, if you've returned to back to Memel that might be the cause for being unable to end mission.

Im going to try this, be back in a second!
Old 03-30-21, 04:27 PM   #5
Asai Hatsuyo
Swabbie

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post

As soon as i made course to Kiel, the Dock Marker moved to kiel, so now i am docked and ready for another patrol! thank you kind sir