SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-20, 02:47 PM   #1
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 244
Uploads: 0
Default TDC mod not working, also where is everyone?

I mean I get silent hunter is the core of this website, but this uboat game is actually really good, its basically everything we almost hoped and dreamed for silent hunter.

yes its not 100% yet, but its really really close.

Anyway, what is up with the mods, im not sure any of them are working, I have them enabled in steam and enabled in the launcher, but not sure any of them are working.

I have it on the unstable version as I read that needs to be?
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 05:03 PM   #2
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Fastfed....long time no see mate

I agree, I'm also enjoying UBOAT, although there is much room for improvement it does seems to be going in the right direction anyway. Also it helps to fill the hole the SH series left behind, and it's a bit more straight forward to Mod too!

Which mods are you using? and are they compatible with B128 unstable?

I'm using the TDC mod as well as some others and all are working ok on the B128 I have installed. Some mods require you to start a new career after you've installed them so maybe your issue? Have you tried checking the integrity of your install files if you are running it through STEAM? Worth a try if you haven't yet tried it.
Old 11-15-20, 05:52 PM   #3
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Fastfed....long time no see mate

I agree, I'm also enjoying UBOAT, although there is much room for improvement it does seems to be going in the right direction anyway. Also it helps to fill the hole the SH series left behind, and it's a bit more straight forward to Mod too!

Which mods are you using? and are they compatible with B128 unstable?

I'm using the TDC mod as well as some others and all are working ok on the B128 I have installed. Some mods require you to start a new career after you've installed them so maybe your issue? Have you tried checking the integrity of your install files if you are running it through STEAM? Worth a try if you haven't yet tried it.

hey man! Yea its been a while for me, mostly doing dcs and il2 these days, but always have the subs in my mind

anyway I got the mods to work, yea had to start a new career and make sure I was on the 128 version, the tdc mod is in german though, but thanks to years of sh series I can figure it out.

Uboat IMO has the foundation to be the greatest sub game ever IMO. Full interior, full crew management, graphics are top notch and so on.

It feels a little faster than normal, but all of this can be fixed, I almost hope SH modders give up and focus on this game, with some tweaking and the devs continuing to improve its going to be great!

my mods, any others you recommends please do so.

TDC MOD (T. Vh. Re. S3)
More Accurate Bearing Markers
More Accurate Periscope Sight (Milliradian)
Saint-Nazaire Port
Authentic Vacations
Authentic Goods
Curtains & Sheets Vol. 2
Torpedo Icons
Zieloptik UDF UZO_v1
Dark Wood
Authentic Maps
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 06:16 PM   #4
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

I officially have more play time on uboat than i do any other title in my steam library.

the problem with the mods, is the dev team updates with a new patch / version every 30-90 days, and more often than not, especially when it comes to the more complex mods, the mods are not forward compatible so the mod now has to be reworked as is the case with the PHENOMENAL TDC mod

This thing is starting to become more and more of a dream Uboat game every day.
Old 11-16-20, 11:50 AM   #5
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
hey man! Yea its been a while for me, mostly doing dcs and il2 these days, but always have the subs in my mind

anyway I got the mods to work, yea had to start a new career and make sure I was on the 128 version, the tdc mod is in german though, but thanks to years of sh series I can figure it out.

Uboat IMO has the foundation to be the greatest sub game ever IMO. Full interior, full crew management, graphics are top notch and so on.

It feels a little faster than normal, but all of this can be fixed, I almost hope SH modders give up and focus on this game, with some tweaking and the devs continuing to improve its going to be great!

my mods, any others you recommends please do so.

TDC MOD (T. Vh. Re. S3)
More Accurate Bearing Markers
More Accurate Periscope Sight (Milliradian)
Saint-Nazaire Port
Authentic Vacations
Authentic Goods
Curtains & Sheets Vol. 2
Torpedo Icons
Zieloptik UDF UZO_v1
Dark Wood
Authentic Maps
Looks like you just recommended some to me there mate!

Glad you got it working. I agree UBOAT is shaping up well, hopefully it has a bright and looong future. It's been a while since I had a subsim fix, but so far UBOAT is starting to fill that hole a little.

As for your other sims, I mirror your exact interests there! Been on DCS since 2012'ish and eagerly awaiting the Mosquito release!. Warbirds are my main thing, but it's satisfying to blow stuff up in the Hog II. If you fly online, I'm "Bartman", give me a shout if you see me!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
I officially have more play time on uboat than i do any other title in my steam library.

the problem with the mods, is the dev team updates with a new patch / version every 30-90 days, and more often than not, especially when it comes to the more complex mods, the mods are not forward compatible so the mod now has to be reworked as is the case with the PHENOMENAL TDC mod

This thing is starting to become more and more of a dream Uboat game every day.
Hopefully the TDC mod is just the start of some great mods to add realism to the game. Like Fastfed said, if some of the talent from the SH series will jump ship or in this case sub! and move in on UBOAT, then we really will have an awesome ride...