Old 10-26-21, 02:49 PM   #9031
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

California Uber Alles

You, of all people, would know that Jello would castigate you mightily for mis-representing his thoughts and music.

Jello was outspoken during the early days of the AIDs pandemic, calling for more government action. Likewise, I highly doubt he would side with the Neanderthals and anti-vaxxer crowd, today.

Use more time in locating appropriate music to make your point. Perhaps Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever would be more fitting.

ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 10:57 AM   #9032
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 11:07 AM   #9033
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-27-21, 11:11 AM   #9034
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-28-21, 09:01 AM   #9035
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just as winter approaches and the belief the virus infections will rise, along comes the latest brainwave idea.

Quote:
The remaining seven countries on England's Covid travel red list are set to be removed, the BBC understands.

Passengers arriving from Colombia, Peru, Panama, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Venezuela and Ecuador will soon no longer have to quarantine in a hotel at their cost for 10 full days.

But there is no suggestion the policy is ending, and a country could be added back on the list if cases rise there.

More than 200,000 people have stayed quarantine in hotels since February.

The change has not officially been announced by the Department for Transport, but there have been reports that an announcement is expected later.

Previous changes to the travel lists have come into effect on the Monday or Tuesday following an announcement. The initial change will apply to England, with other UK nations able to set their own travel rules.

Pandemic travel rules in the UK were simplified earlier this month, with the amber list cut, and advice against holidays changed for many countries.

Fully vaccinated travellers arriving in England now need only have a lateral flow test on arrival. Arrivals in Scotland and Wales must have the more expensive PCR test although this will change on Sunday.

Red list countries are those the government said should not be visited "except in the most extreme of circumstances" because of the risk posed by Covid.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland set their own travel rules and could chose to retain countries on their red lists.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59063818

Old 10-28-21, 09:04 AM   #9036
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-30-21, 12:02 PM   #9037
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-30-21, 12:04 PM   #9038
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-31-21, 09:55 AM   #9039
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-01-21, 09:12 AM   #9040
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-01-21, 05:06 PM   #9041
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

US company Novavax asks EU authorities for licensing its new vaccine, which is based on traditional vaccine technologies. Hope is it will convince vaccination sceptics who are not opposed against vaccination in principle, just against the suspected malicous seeds in new mRNA vaccines.

The vaccine is already allowed in Indonesia since short time. Novavax also seeks licensing in Canda, Australia, the US. Rolling reviews for it are done since February or January this year.

Early results from February raised hopes that a third booster jab with Novavax after two earlier mRNA jabs does boost number of antibodies by factors of 4 and higher.
Old 11-02-21, 07:57 AM   #9042
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Potentially positive development then.

Old 11-02-21, 10:23 AM   #9043
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Why? As it stands now deaths, cases, hospitalization, have all declined to the point of this being a non-event. Yet these calls for mass vaccinations because of some pseudo science belief which says this virus can be eradicated persist. It can’t be eradicated, it never could. Just like the Spanish flu it will shift to a less dangerous form and eventually become another flu among many. And vaccine will be made available to help the elderly and those at risk battle the virus like we do every season.

I can wholeheartedly agree making a COVID vaccine available as soon as possible to the elderly and those at risk due to comorbidities. But political mandates that it be forced upon perfectly healthy children and adults is imo utter nonsense. It’s imo a political power grab and fear mongers making a profit.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-02-21 at 01:39 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 11:46 AM   #9044
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Old 11-02-21, 01:45 PM   #9045
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Mass Formation and Consequent Totalitarian Behavior in Homo Sapiens

https://larryturner.substack.com/p/m...t-totalitarian

“There’s a load lifted from his shoulders with the discovery of his disease.” (from Jethro Tull, "Thick as a Brick")

Aug 24

Quote:
Introduction

While writing my April 27th posting regarding the disturbing apparent increase in frequency of individual adult-age immaturity within the US over the last 60 years or so, I kept wondering if the science of psychology has examined changes in group behavior consequent of such a shift in background (‘new normal’) human nature. I could find references discussing matters related to normal and abnormal individual psychology everywhere but nothing much to speak of concerning consequent group psychology and group behavior of homo sapiens.

A recently posted video link on Norman Pilon’s blog showed me that the science of psychology has not, after all, neglected group psychology. The video-taped interview of Dr. Mattias Desmet,1 a Belgian clinical psychology professor working at the University of Ghent,2 provides a description of an established predictive psychological model explaining the rapid emergence of rather odd and extreme behaviors in a wide variety of governments and their host populations coincident with the COVID19 virus pandemic.

Individual Ailments Beget Group Ailments

According to the group psychological model Desmet explains and describes,3 four different predisposing factors hosted by many individuals can emerge and combine at the group level to abruptly produce, and then unreflectingly and energetically support, totalitarian government actions.

You might recall that totalitarian states, when they have reached full-monty expansion, are characterized by political repression, very strong control of the economy, large-scale censorship and mass surveillance, limited freedom of movement, and the use of state terrorism. To varying degrees, all of these governmental characteristics have indeed been, and are being, exhibited in many Western nations and in some US states in response to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic.4

According to Desmet’s video taped presentation, the simultaneous existence of four factors in many members of a population prime a society for exhibition of the overly-focused (“tunneling”5) group and individual behavior that supports totalitarianism:

Social isolation;
A lack of sensemaking in individual lives;
Abundant presence of free-floating anxiety; and,
Similar (consequent) abundance of free-floating psychological discontent.
If these four factors are present in enough members of any given society, Desmet says the society in question is at risk for the ‘crystallizing’ action of “mass formation” where large numbers of discontented, anxious, confused, and isolated people simultaneously and suddenly seize upon some single apparent threat and give it their entire attention and energy. The basic reason for this attention and energy seizure, according to Desmet, is that putting focus on a single apparent threat provides immediate and palpable relief from a constellation of the longstanding chronic pressures of social isolation, lack of sensemaking, and free-floating anxiety and discontent. This mobilization of individual attention and energy against some single perceived threat unfortunately, according to Desmet’s explanation of the phenomena, segues easily into increasingly totalitarian government behavior….

https://larryturner.substack.com/p/m...t-totalitarian

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan