Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 11-26-09, 12:54 PM   #46
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
First I want to just say Thank You, I bought the game as soon as it was released with very high hopes of a realistic tank Sim, I was soon very dissapointed with not only the game but lack of support from the developers. I stowed the game on the shelf and figured it was just wasted money. I was very Happy to see that you are bringing this back to life and from the posts so far this looks amazing.
Again Thank You for all the effort and hard work it must of taken to get to this point.
Thank you FC,
I promise you I'll put "Fighten Commies" in your FC.

Happy Thanksgiving!
ZW

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 01:17 PM   #47
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
I was part of the original Beta Test team, and was rather disappointed that they ignored most of the help we offered to get this right the first time. If there is anything I can do to help either project, please just let me know.
That is awesome MajorMagee, I don't even know where to begin.
Maybe if you tell me some of the things that where ignored that
you could give me a heads-up on. That would be a good start.

Your Help Wanted!
ZeeWolf

PS: If you can't help me with that, well maybe

Old 11-26-09, 01:26 PM   #48
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Awesome stuff!

Will you be keeping those SS camo uniforms on the soldiers? Would be nice to see normal tunics aswell.
Thanks Dowly,
Yes, they will be there, I will put up some stuff for the stock guys too.

Best Regards
ZeeWolf

Old 11-26-09, 01:27 PM   #49
Mikhayl
Captain

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Well I figured you did, I hoped for some specifics I read that the export plugin is designed for Maya 5, is this correct? If it is it's kind of a problem, as Maya 5 was released in 2003 I think, I have no idea where to find that thing nowadays.
Mikhayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 02:15 PM   #50
tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

So I guess the real questions to ask you, Zee, are

Is there a point of anyone else doing any kind of mod work on T-34 until you finish?

If yes what would you like to see?

As you are aware the game is highly sensitive about scripts and any other mods could well cause a clash with your own, although multiple installs are possible but become tiresome.

Do you need modelers?

If so I am sure there are plenty of folk out there with models we would all like to see in game. I myself am anxious for a universal carrier with mortar or of course possibly the flame throwing version.

With the above in mind would take submissions of models you have not already started on to increase the catalog of Armour in game?

Of course I assume these would be released in the pending or future mission packs and I guess you would be willing to reimburse any modelers that were deemed by yourself as suitable suppliers.

I assume you are aware that as soon as your models are released it is a simple matter to incorporate them into the multiplayer game aspect of T34 and how do you feel about this?

Currently the only hindrance I have been able to discern to using non playable models in multiplayer is a script based one. But I think with enough understanding of the scripting syntax it is not impossible to have co-op based multiplayer games in fact that is a goal that I have been working towards in my own small way and I know it was a goal of others also.

Your obvious skills with regard to the rigging and importing of models into the game engine has pretty much removed the necessity for me to learn maya. But have you made any attempts to use your models in multiplayer? If so is there any point in me continuing to work on making non player models work in multiplayer? Do you have any insights in that direction that you would be willing to share?

Finally have you managed to resolve the issue of ambient sound effects such as wind in trees rivers running and the deathly silence that occurs when you switch of your engine?

Many thanks for all your prompt responses and I look forward to seeing more of your work and if possible some in cockpit shots of some of your planned new additions to the playable lists.

All the best Balrog
tHeBaLrOgRoCkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 02:34 PM   #51
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl View Post
Well I figured you did, I hoped for some specifics I read that the export plugin is designed for Maya 5, is this correct? If it is it's kind of a problem, as Maya 5 was released in 2003 I think, I have no idea where to find that thing nowadays.
I would wright a letter to Alias or Wavefront and or checkout the collages
and trade schools that teach the 3d stuff if they could dig up a copy and
set you up. Then once you get setup learn the program, then let me know.
By that time I probably won't consider the TvT stuff I learned a trade secret

Best Regards,
ZeeWolf

Old 11-26-09, 02:42 PM   #52
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

The original developers went the road of game balance Vs. historical accuracy. Monstrous Tigers were no more a threat than the t-34-85 and often even in head on duels at 2,000 yards they would often crack your armor. There seemed to be no reason to drive the Tiger at all when they could just charge head on and knock you out without having to flank your position.

Thankfully some modders changed that and put it closer to historical spec
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 03:00 PM   #53
Mikhayl
Captain

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
I would wright a letter to Alias or Wavefront and or checkout the collages
and trade schools that teach the 3d stuff if they could dig up a copy and
set you up. Then once you get setup learn the program, then let me know.
By that time I probably won't consider the TvT stuff I learned a trade secret

Best Regards,
ZeeWolf
Well I don't need to learn Maya, I'd just keep using 3dsmax and use Maya only to export the final product. But if the exporter is indeed limited to Maya 5 it sure is going to be a long time before I get a copy so I guess I'll have to stick to SF.
Mikhayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 03:22 PM   #54
Freiwillige
The Old Man

And can I have an elephant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_tank

Used in Kursk!
Old 11-26-09, 03:27 PM   #55
VAseMkIII
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Mikhyal

PM'd ya

Last edited by VAseMkIII; 11-26-09 at 03:39 PM.
VAseMkIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 04:00 PM   #56
Lieste
Soundman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiwillige View Post

Used in Kursk!
The Elephant was not used at Kursk. Although the same vehicles did see service as the Ferdinand there.

There are numerous minor improvements made to the vehicles during the rebuilds, and the handful of Elephants were more useful than the original Ferdinands, even if only available in even more limited numbers.

Total production was around 90 Ferdinands, and only those that survived Kursk were rebuilt into the later Elephant.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 04:47 PM   #57
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHeBaLrOgRoCkS View Post
So I guess the real questions to ask you, Zee, are

Is there a point of anyone else doing any kind of mod work on T-34 until you finish?

If yes what would you like to see?
1. In Editor a fix for the roads tool.

2. A separate layer and content file for default structures, cites, towns and bridges
rail stations and airfields etc..

3. Winter and fall season change ability.

4. Progressive time change. Day and night with weather conditions.

that's a few off the top of my head.

Quote:
As you are aware the game is highly sensitive about scripts and any other mods could well cause a clash with your own, although multiple installs are possible but become tiresome.
I'm not knowledgeable in Multi or co-op.

Do you need modelers?

Quote:
If so I am sure there are plenty of folk out there with models we would all like to see in game. I myself am anxious for a universal carrier with mortar or of course possibly the flame throwing version.

If modelers have stuff they want in the game I'm willing to work with them. The more good stuff
the better at this point. But to talk about compensating at this time would be premature because there is no money coming in. But that is certainly a possibility though.

Quote:
With the above in mind would take submissions of models you have not already started on to increase the catalog of Armour in game?
Yes! with the condition I could add it to the Add-on with the free right to copy.

Quote:
Of course I assume these would be released in the pending or future mission packs and I guess you would be willing to reimburse any modelers that were deemed by yourself as suitable suppliers.

Yes, absolutely.

Quote:
I assume you are aware that as soon as your models are released it is a simple matter to incorporate them into the multi player game aspect of T34 and how do you feel about this?

Well, I bought T34 vs Tiger because of the ability to mod. However, with my models I feel like the
father who will not allow his daughter to be with any man until they are married. Meaning: I
would like to be paid before you play. Although I think we can work together on these things.

Quote:
Currently the only hindrance I have been able to discern to using non playable models in multi player is a script based one. But I think with enough understanding of the scripting syntax it is not impossible to have co-op based multi player games in fact that is a goal that I have been working towards in my own small way and I know it was a goal of others also.

That's great, I wasn't sure on that yet.

Quote:
Your obvious skills with regard to the rigging and importing of models into the game engine has pretty much removed the necessity for me to learn Maya. But have you made any attempts to use your models in multi player? If so is there any point in me continuing to work on making non player models work in multi player? Do you have any insights in that direction that you would be willing to share?

The models that are intended for AI use have a new damage model. No longer will yo see a 30 ton tank traveling at 12 miles an hour stop dead in it's tracks when hit. And a knocked out turret will no
longer mean a dead tank. It will continue to maneuver a slower speed for awhile before it dies.

Quote:
Finally have you managed to resolve the issue of ambient sound effects such as wind in trees rivers running and the deathly silence that occurs when you switch of your engine?

I was unaware this problem. Maybe I could fix it.

Quote:
Many thanks for all your prompt responses and I look forward to seeing more of your work and if possible some in cockpit shots of some of your planned new additions to the playable lists.

All the best Balrog
Thanks Balrog, I'll post them when I have anything for you.

Best Regards
ZeeWolf

Old 11-26-09, 04:53 PM   #58
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
The original developers went the road of game balance Vs. historical accuracy. Monstrous Tigers were no more a threat than the t-34-85 and often even in head on duels at 2,000 yards they would often crack your armor. There seemed to be no reason to drive the Tiger at all when they could just charge head on and knock you out without having to flank your position.

Thankfully some modders changed that and put it closer to historical spec
Well, I changed that. The Tiger will be deadly from greater than 2 miles
away (3200 meters +). With the extended maps there is plenty of open
terrain.

ZeeWolf

Old 11-26-09, 05:00 PM   #59
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:

Used in Kursk!
The PaK 43 L/71 is done and I have a tamiya 35th scale model and some
worthy drawings so your answer is "Hell Ya!".
But it's on the list the list as Ferdinand.

ZeeWolf

Old 11-26-09, 05:50 PM   #60
Freiwillige
The Old Man

FERDINAND!