Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 09-20-10, 01:41 PM   #1516
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
As for the Königstiger, that will be done in 2011 both AI and Playable.
As with the Playable Panthers Ausf A and G.

ZeeWolf

HI ZW,

WOW, great news. Great tanks, even a Jagdpanther.
Sorry, I heard its 2011 now, were is my Königstiger! The Henschel type please!!!!!

Tigers in the Ardennes. Panthers in the Ardennes ! Me in the Ardennes. This maybe in the future?

This was a great year for us tankers ZW but the next will be much better!!!!

I know this for real.

TANK s alot .

You solved my copy of TvT throwing it into the corner and now its one of my favorite games. Next weekend maybe a new update and a new try.

Greetings to everyone even to my old friends morty, frinik, chucky and sure you ZW!!!

Ran an den Feind ELÖRE elvtársak!!! i mean nyilasok

LC[/QUOTE]

Hey LC!
Yes, 2011 is going to be a good year for us tankers.
Did you check out the Panzer II ?

Following the Arrow Kamerad,

ZW

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 04:05 AM   #1517
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Future TvsT

Hi Master Zee, were the Luchs still being used that late in the War????I through all Panzer IIs had been withdrawn from the frontlines in mid to late 1943?

I think ideally it would be nice to have up to 5 or 6 playable tanks/SP guns on each side:

T34/85, JS2(1943/or 1944), the SU 76 ,85 or 122, the KV85 and the T34/76 1943 on the Soviet side and the Panzer IVH or J , the Panther ( any model), Tiger I (E or H), the Tiger II and either Jagdpanther or Stug III F or IV on the German side.That with a possibility of chosing the tank we wish to play in your missions( would is be possible to have that option in your mods/missions?)) would allow to greatly expand the replayability of TvsT.Huist a throught.

Excellent work Master Zee! Always nice to get glimpses of your labours. I feel like a kid looking at Xmas displays in department stores.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 01:10 PM   #1518
Knightspel
Sailor man

Downloads: 1

Now after couple hours of playing full add-on i had to say new features are as good as i thought. Sad thing is my computer can't handle Kursk mission. It barely runs even when almost all graphic setting are in minimum. Stock Tvst runs fine with all (except aa) settings in max with 1920x1200 resolution. My computer: Intel quadcore 9400 2,66(clocked to 3,20 Ghz), radeon 4850x2 (512), 4Gb memory (windows show only 2,43 for some reason?), win xp sp3.
Now this is not the end of the world as i plan to buy new computer at the beginning of 2011.

Then littlebit of constructive criticism: Tiger sounds. They are way better than stock but still too quiet in my opinion, Maybach should roar (like tiger) loud and aggressive, like in many youtube videos. Also i would like to have more track squeak, i remember some tiger crew said squeak was so loud that it almost drive them mad MMp 5 mod had really good tiger sounds...

But anyways, keep up the great work and this will be THE best ww2 tank sim in my opinion!
Old 09-21-10, 02:36 PM   #1519
Knightspel
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
That with a possibility of chosing the tank we wish to play in your missions( would is be possible to have that option in your mods/missions?)) would allow to greatly expand the replayability of TvsT.Huist a throught.
This is great idea and i really hope it will be possible in future.
Old 09-21-10, 05:59 PM   #1520
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Hi frinik and Knightspel,
Thanks guy, the playable tanks are in the works. And thanks Knightspel for
the action report. The track sound is weak and yes the Tiger's engine is a
gasoline engine that did sound like a tiger, however I would love to have some
sound samples that are copy right free that I could work into the game. That
may come but for now I do not have those files that would work - yet!

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

Old 09-22-10, 04:52 AM   #1521
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tiger Sound

Zee I know there's a couple of videos on You Tube where you can actually hear the sound made by the only still operational Tiger I in the world which is being kept at Bovington tank museum in the UK.Every year they take their Tiger I and Tiger II and Panzer IVs out for a ride and you can hear the rumble, or rather chugging of the Maybach engine and squeak of the caterpillar tracks.Somebody recorded the sound on You Tube.I don't think these sounds are copy- protected or copy-righted.I'll post the link.

Zee about my suggestion to have - in the future - the option of chosing the tank wwe wish to play in a given mission do you think it's doable?

Cheers
Old 09-22-10, 12:36 PM   #1522
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Zee I know there's a couple of videos on You Tube where you can actually hear the sound made by the only still operational Tiger I in the world which is being kept at Bovington tank museum in the UK.Every year they take their Tiger I and Tiger II and Panzer IVs out for a ride and you can hear the rumble, or rather chugging of the Maybach engine and squeak of the caterpillar tracks.Somebody recorded the sound on You Tube.I don't think these sounds are copy- protected or copy-righted.I'll post the link.

Zee about my suggestion to have - in the future - the option of chosing the tank wwe wish to play in a given mission do you think it's doable?

Cheers
Hi frinik,
What I mean when I said "sound samples" is files of sounds that have already been prepared for use in special effects and games etc.

Tank selection is do-able in the future.

Cheers

ZW

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 09-22-10 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-23-10, 03:08 AM   #1523
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Tiger Sounds

Sorry Zee I misunderstood your request.You could try the MMP5 Tiger sounds.The MP guys offered to join force with you when you first started the thread in order to bring all the improvements needed to the game.I don't think they would mind you incorporating the Tiger engine sounds in your mods.Otherwise I'll google the internet this weekend and see whether people actually made recording of tank sounds to be used in game and which are in the public domain.

Old 09-23-10, 02:24 PM   #1524
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Sorry Zee I misunderstood your request.You could try the MMP5 Tiger sounds.The MP guys offered to join force with you when you first started the thread in order to bring all the improvements needed to the game.I don't think they would mind you incorporating the Tiger engine sounds in your mods.Otherwise I'll google the internet this weekend and see whether people actually made recording of tank sounds to be used in game and which are in the public domain.

Hi frinik,
If you or anyone wants to add new sound files, that is easy and would not
cause problems if the files are the same speed (22khz or 44khz) and 16bit mono wav format and of course the same name of the ones you want to
change.

Cheers
ZW

Old 09-24-10, 01:18 PM   #1525
Knightspel
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Hi frinik,
If you or anyone wants to add new sound files, that is easy and would not
cause problems if the files are the same speed (22khz or 44khz) and 16bit mono wav format and of course the same name of the ones you want to
change.

Cheers
ZW
Yes i already use MMP5 Tiger sounds with your add-ons without problems so
you can focus more important things right now and maybe made different sound later

Old 09-24-10, 09:45 PM   #1526
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightspel View Post
Yes i already use MMP5 Tiger sounds with your add-ons without problems so
you can focus more important things right now and maybe made different sound later

That's great Knightspel,
Good sounds can really enhance a the immersion factor and when the time
comes where I can focus on re-working all the sounds my heart will in in it.

ZW

Old 09-25-10, 09:54 PM   #1527
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Kursk mission June release

Hi Zee, I am doing an additional installation of tvst on when installing the Kursk mission 2 release of last June (the dawn mission) it does not appear in the menu.If I remember we are supposed to enter some kind of file in the game.Could you please remind me which one it is and where it goes? Pezrhaps post it somewhere on a separate thread for forgetful people like me

Cheers and thanks!
Old 09-25-10, 11:38 PM   #1528
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hi Zee, I am doing an additional installation of tvst on when installing the Kursk mission 2 release of last June (the dawn mission) it does not appear in the menu.If I remember we are supposed to enter some kind of file in the game.Could you please remind me which one it is and where it goes? Pezrhaps post it somewhere on a separate thread for forgetful people like me

Cheers and thanks!
Hey frinik

In the T34vsTiger folder you should see "Zitadelle_.reg" . When you find it just double mouse click on it like it was a program and it will add the new Kursk files to the G5 registry. That how you can find the new kursk mission.
Also it is very safe, you only have to use it once and there is no chance in
adding something unnecessary.
Cheers and good hunting Kamerad!

ZW

Old 09-27-10, 06:42 PM   #1529
Luftace
Watch

Downloads: 30
Default Back in the turret again soon...

Hi all, have been away for a few months now dealing w/ real life stuff, and not to mention my problems I was having before w/ TvT were attributed to my cruddy computer I have been using. Anywho, I'm getting my new gaming laptop tommorow so I will be ready to get back up to speed w/ TvT and really try out all these add ons that have since become available. On that note, Zee, last I was trying to get things running I recall you mentioning that you cannot email updates to anyone using Yahoo email accounts. Is this still the case? If so, what do you suggest as far as me being able to receive email/updates from you? (open new account under G-mail etc.) Kinda lengthy, but hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with everyone here much more readily now.
Luftace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 08:48 PM   #1530
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftace View Post
Hi all, have been away for a few months now dealing w/ real life stuff, and not to mention my problems I was having before w/ TvT were attributed to my cruddy computer I have been using. Anywho, I'm getting my new gaming laptop tommorow so I will be ready to get back up to speed w/ TvT and really try out all these add ons that have since become available. On that note, Zee, last I was trying to get things running I recall you mentioning that you cannot email updates to anyone using Yahoo email accounts. Is this still the case? If so, what do you suggest as far as me being able to receive email/updates from you? (open new account under G-mail etc.) Kinda lengthy, but hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with everyone here much more readily now.
Hey Luftace, welcome back
There still is the e-mail issue. And that being: my e-mails are being flagged as spam and going to the spam folder. I guess the thing to remember is
to check your spam folders. However I have not sent out a update since
June's. But one is coming - soon
So check back here often so you won't miss progress reports etc.

I just finished up a new Russian Mission one with a real ZW touch to it,
something you T34 guys will appreciate I'm sure.
The Panther D is just magnificent, some images will be up very soon.
The new Tiger E is bound to be a hit Also the tank behavior has been improved,
no longer are the tanks going to reverse direction as if confused
and less aggressive, they will attack.

Cheers

ZW