SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-19, 02:15 PM   #1
StrangeSignal
Swabbie

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Grey Wolves - Ghost Torpedo

I was on my merry way off the northwest of Scotland, just out of the continental platform into the deep sea, and I was trying to intercept a convoy that had re-routed out of my previous intercept course. This was one of my first patrols in the game with the mod, and it was November 1939 with my VIIB.

I had the submarine on full speed, believing the convoy to have re-routed North (eventually I found them there) when all of a sudden, time-compression goes down a lot and through the small video window where you usually see your torpedoes reaching destination, don't remember what it's called, but this time there was massive blue torpedo that appeared to have some sort of golden drawing (I don't know allied torpedoes) heading straight to my submarine.

Immediately I hit the flank speed order, but obviously it would never have been enough, and if I hadn't jammed full speed already it would have been too late. Almost literally, it scrapped the paint off the propellers, and went to its merry way too.

Still sweating my pants off, I hit the ALAAAAARM, and then try to get a clue of what was going on. There was nothing on the hydrophone, no planes in the air, no alerts of planes or enemy warships, and when I surfaced half minute later, I couldn't see anything either. I don't know if enemy submarines in the game do actually submerge; I've seen many of them with GW, many times, but I've never seen one submerging even when I'm shooting at them, with the cannon, from where they can do nothing about it. It was a clear night and everything was quiet as it could be, and from the outside camera there was nothing there either.

Did the Flying Dutchman carry allied torpedoes, or the game just pulled a prank on me?
StrangeSignal is offline   Reply With Quote