Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-13-10, 08:38 PM   #1
ht-57
Sailor man

Downloads: 154
Uploads: 0
Default SFK 1942

Hello all.
Can't believe I just found this title.
Best 15usd I've spent on a game or sim...
For me it has a lot of the ingredients that I enjoy in a sim. sfk42 also has a lot of the same kind of things that makes sbpro pe awesome. I have the latest iteration of sbpro pe and love it!
I have Always wanted a sbpro wwII version. So any of you sbpro tread hedz will like this one if you want to go into battle in a ole panzer or t-34.
sfk42 doesn't do command n control with combined arms , ease of editor or multiplayer like sb. What it does do well is give you the fp in the driver/gunner /commander/ loader/radio seat, being hurled into the chaotic mess of war thing tho.(you can command your platoon to do a couple of things as a group). It has the unbuttoned / bin view as well. There are some cool animations like working suspension, hatch animations, damage to hull,completely deformable landscape, tread marks, real good soundz. there are crew avatars as well.. I know eye candy doesn't make a sim.. buttt itz kinda cool to call for a he round and see the loader put the round in the chamber tho. You can also see when a crew member has been kIA'd as well. At the end of a mission you can go to every vehicle/gun and see what hitt where with the direction arrow (very sbpro like). There are a few mods available that add missions and vehicles like the tiger one and the tiger II but they don't have the interiors yet, just the optic view or unbuttoned / thru the vision slit view. In one battle my gps was hit by small armz fire if i recall, But after that I was trying to sight thru shattered glass...another nerve racking experience was stalling my ride after a miss shift on a small bridge while under fire, then trying to start her hearing the engine crank and fail to start a couple times..
Last but not least, it runs smooth on my dated rig. nuff of my ramblings, Just very rare that I find a sim worth commenting about.
why is it that sfk42 doesn't have its own resource sticky?

Old 05-13-10, 08:54 PM   #2
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

it does!
there's a single post that I try to compile all the mods, previous moderator Skybird did an excellent job of keeping things together while he was moderator, I update his post with mods and updates

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...14&postcount=3
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 01:22 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Welcome to SF!

Welcome to Steel Fury HT--57 , I have been playing it for almost 2 years now and enjoying it very much.Read all the threads you'll there are several threads devoted to Steel Fury.Also be aware that there are lots of mods that come with the game and have been made mostly b y Russian modders sincne 2007.I encourage you to go to the tanksim.org.ru.It's a Russian website specifically devoted to tank sims and SF occupies a prominent place. It's in Russian but it's got an automatic translator prompt into English( check the right side of the webpage you'll see it.

There you will find all the incredible mods that have been made sicne 2007 and add tons of new vehicles( T60, T34/85, T26, Bt 5 and 10, Js2, KV2 and 76.2 and 122mm guns on the Soviet side with the Tiger I and II,the Hetzer,The Stug III D and F, Panzer III L60 , the Flakpanzer vierling and more to come ( in about 2 to 3 weeks) including the Panther, ISU152, SU 85 and 100, Marder, Elefant etc.Along with each mod comes new campaign, single missions and user-made missions. There are also sound mods, skin mods, optic mods, there's winter mod and a desert(Afrika) mod etc.The mods are easy to install and use the JSGME mod enabler.On that at web site you 'll find both Russian and English versions of the same modsOnce you have all the mods then you can enjoy the game to it's full flavour and potential.

BTW the mission editor is not difficult to tackle. I was prompted by a fellow colleague who plays the game and TvsT and started dabbing making missions. He thought me the basic steps and sent me a tutorial and bingo I have been making simple but large-scale user-made missions in the last 2 1/2 months. That's another plus for SF.

One fun feature of the game you did not mention is the ability to continue observing the battlefiield even though you have been destroyed or are out of play.You can press the arrows and follow the action up and down the battlefield and see how your friends and enemies are doing and what's happening to individual tanks, vehicles or even gun crews.That's something really neat because you can spend easily 15 minutes or more watching how the AI perfoms and what the outcome of the battle is going to be.

Yesterday I was playing one of my user-made missions and my Tiger was destroyed point blank by a T34/85 which flanked me while I was dealing with another 2 tanks.I finished the mission with a score of 14 tanks and 56 infantry destroyed and I was glad to see my 3 remaining Tigers dealing with the remainder of the enemy.I observed the action for a good 15 minutes until the last Soviet tank had been dealt with and the mission ended successfully but without me....

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 12:49 PM   #4
ht-57
Sailor man

Downloads: 154

Thank you sledge! Thanks for the intel frinik!
I have JSGME running and have played with a few of the mods. The winter mod is really cool, no pun intended.
I haven't had time to play with the editor butt that will happen.
I'm looking forward to the panther mod!
BTW, I've been looking for the "free cam" mod but I can't find a link for the DL on the Russian site.
ht-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 05:52 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post

previous moderator Skybird did an excellent job of keeping things together while he was moderator, I update his post with mods and updates
Thanks for the flowers, and two tips:

Update the date in the first line ("last updated on..."),

and check the old links every couple of months if they are still active. I have deleted many links in the TvT and SF stickies last year because the sites had seized to exist.
Old 05-14-10, 08:59 PM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Free Cam Mod

HT-57 just went to the tanksim.org.ru website after reading your post and I found it. On the left page you see Steel Fury(English) with downloads below.Click on downloads and you ´ll see page (1) (2).with the most recent downloads first and the oldest on page 2 which is where you´ll find it.I have it installed and it appears in my game menu but I was never able to make it work.READ below:

Cheersteel Fury» section on forum.graviteam.com
  • Download

Browse Downloads by alphabetical listing
[ 0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I ]
[ J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z ]

«Mods» for Steel Fury

Sort by:Title ( ) Date ( ) Rating ( ) Popularity ( )
Files currently sorted by: Date (New Files Listed First)

Pages: " 1 (2)

Free Camera Mod (English) for SF Submitter: Tanx
Released:19 Nov, 2008

<DIV style="MARGIN-LEFT: 6px" align=justify> Download Now

<DIV style="MARGIN-LEFT: 6px" align=justify>Free Camera Mod for Steel Fury

Now into the missions it is possible to enable the free camera. By-default the camera it is possible to cause combination SHIFT + F11.
Tanksim :: Design by Tanx

</BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-14-10, 09:24 PM   #7
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default The new Steel Panzer mod for SF

Good news SF lovers here´s the latest news about the upcoming Steel Panzer mod(1.5???).I checked the sukhoi.ru Avia forum and I saw pics of the Panther as well as pics and short films of infantry shooting T34s with panzerschreck and bunkers....Check it out.The latest words from modder Sidorov below:

A: New models of comrade Sidorova!
Sorry, I did a few podzaderzhivayus - initially scheduled to meet on 9 th of May, but due to the numerous corrections and additions to date was pushed back. Nevertheless, work on technique for SPM is in full swing. Here is another occupant.

Old 05-16-10, 01:08 AM   #8
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thanks for the flowers, and two tips:

Update the date in the first line ("last updated on..."),

and check the old links every couple of months if they are still active. I have deleted many links in the TvT and SF stickies last year because the sites had seized to exist.

I'm still getting used to this whole "moderating" thing
I'll start checking the links, thanks for the advice.

as for the flowers, credit goes where credit is due

@Frinik, I can't wait, I wonder how long it will be before an english-translated version?
Would you have any ideas whether or not the Tigers and other tanks from the Tiger 1.0 mod will be included?
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 01:29 AM   #9
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF new mod

Sledge they posted on the Avia forum the list of vehiclkes included in both the new SP mod and the mission editor they include:

Panther ausf. G
Tiger II
SU 76
SU85
SU152
JS122
Stug III F
Elefant
Marder I or II
Panzerschreck
Bunkers( actually more like pillboxes)

There may be more as they are working on other models the Wespe,the ISU 152, the SU 100, and may be the Panzer IV G-H or J versions.

Great news
Old 05-27-10, 01:34 PM   #10
KnightsCross
Bosun

TANKS Gents
I have saved this for later, once I can run the game
Darren
KnightsCross
Old 06-02-10, 03:42 AM   #11
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default tanksim.org.ru forum is down!

To All Steel Fury fans and afficionados. The tanksim.org.ru forum where a lot if not most of us got our mods, patches and downlaods for Steel Fury has been taken out of service. I have on idea why but I can only suspect that perhaps they were being targetted by spammers or hackers and they chose to close( hopefully temporarily) their website until they solve the problem or relocate it.

It's big blow for the tanksim community as hole as they were offering very useful service not only for Steel Fury fans but also T72 Balkans on fire, TvsT , Kharvov/Achtung Panzer ect!It's big blow and I can only hope they will re-open another website soon .

Cheers
Old 06-02-10, 09:09 AM   #12
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
To All Steel Fury fans and afficionados. The tanksim.org.ru forum where a lot if not most of us got our mods, patches and downlaods for Steel Fury has been taken out of service. I have on idea why but I can only suspect that perhaps they were being targetted by spammers or hackers and they chose to close( hopefully temporarily) their website until they solve the problem or relocate it.

It's big blow for the tanksim community as hole as they were offering very useful service not only for Steel Fury fans but also T72 Balkans on fire, TvsT , Kharvov/Achtung Panzer ect!It's big blow and I can only hope they will re-open another website soon .

Cheers

If you guys have SF mod files stored on your computer and some how get
them to me I would be glad to have a Steel Fury Mod section on my web
site (tanksimzw.com). I am sure the Russian guys wouldn't mind is the webb
site is down. All I need is someone or a few guys volunteer to write the web
page code and be willing to do the foot work so-to-speak (my plate is full
right now).

Cheers

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-10, 10:27 PM   #13
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Thanks!

Thanks very much Zee very generous of you.I already asked Graviteam, the creators of the game, whether they would agree to host Sf mods and downloads on their website.Should they decline then I/We will take you up on yoru generous offer.

You're a gentleman Mr.Zee

Regards

Frinik( also a proud ZeeWolf International Member)
Old 06-04-10, 12:08 AM   #14
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Thanks very much Zee very generous of you.I already asked Graviteam, the creators of the game, whether they would agree to host Sf mods and downloads on their website.Should they decline then I/We will take you up on yoru generous offer.

You're a gentleman Mr.Zee

Regards

Frinik( also a proud ZeeWolf International Member)
Ok sounds good

Cheers

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote