SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-20, 02:27 PM   #16
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainadccdacaptain View Post
I major in computer programming, maybe I can help
First of all I should have done it before, I made a search for this movie 2012 and
discovered it came out in 2009/10 so I have had this idea for almost 10 years now.

About this technical device.

Since it is a total different thing, a prototype need to be created and I know from tv's and science magazine it can take years from building a prototype of a thing/device and until it can be mass produced. I also know that a constructor has to go back many, many times before s/he is happy and can put it into mass production.

I'm also prepared for the possibility that it can't be done.

I also know this device perhaps need a new type of software program to function.
This software program shall be installed in every produced device.

So I'm happy if there are some with huge knowledge in computer programming, but this person also need to have to possibility to construct a technical device, from scratch.

This device is not 100 % build with hardware stuff. Far from it. Even though there will be some hardware in this device containing the software and the possibility to recharge the batteries and the things that makes it useful for the person who have bought it.

As mentioned before I have made a lot of search with different search criteria and I haven't fund such a technical device that even come close to my idea.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 06:20 PM   #17
captainadccdacaptain
Gunner

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
First of all I should have done it before, I made a search for this movie 2012 and
discovered it came out in 2009/10 so I have had this idea for almost 10 years now.

About this technical device.

Since it is a total different thing, a prototype need to be created and I know from tv's and science magazine it can take years from building a prototype of a thing/device and until it can be mass produced. I also know that a constructor has to go back many, many times before s/he is happy and can put it into mass production.

I'm also prepared for the possibility that it can't be done.

I also know this device perhaps need a new type of software program to function.
This software program shall be installed in every produced device.

So I'm happy if there are some with huge knowledge in computer programming, but this person also need to have to possibility to construct a technical device, from scratch.

This device is not 100 % build with hardware stuff. Far from it. Even though there will be some hardware in this device containing the software and the possibility to recharge the batteries and the things that makes it useful for the person who have bought it.

As mentioned before I have made a lot of search with different search criteria and I haven't fund such a technical device that even come close to my idea.

Markus
I build computers often, however From what I gather, what you are trying to do is construct boards and run circuitry slightly beyond my expertise. You need someone with more PCB knowledge. Sorry I could not be of use to you!

Last edited by captainadccdacaptain; 06-12-20 at 06:30 PM.
captainadccdacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 11:05 AM   #18
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you anyway.

This device-Until a person like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates comes by this forum and look at this thread, ask me to send him a private message with an explanation of my idea, I call it a device.

It's totally new thing..well there is a little chance it already exist.

I haven't seen such a device, even though I have used several type of search criteria and I have looked around in our local computer store and in our radio and tv stores-nothing.

I have been thinking very hard ion whether I should reveal my idea.
Because how high is the chances that a person like Steve Jobs or a Bill Gates take a look at this forum and this thread ??
Extremely little.

Markus
Old 06-13-20, 12:46 PM   #19
captainadccdacaptain
Gunner

If you DO reveal it, try to get the idea patented first if possible, so you have all rights to your idea and possible subsequent designs first. That way nobody could legally replicate it. And that may help determine whether it HAS been created or not. Good luck!
Old 06-13-20, 01:40 PM   #20
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
If you DO reveal it, try to get the idea patented first if possible, so you have all rights to your idea and possible subsequent designs first. That way nobody could legally replicate it. And that may help determine whether it HAS been created or not. Good luck!
I went by the Danish patent office to read how to get a patent for my idea

To get a Danish Patent following rules must be followed.

1. The invention must be new
This means that you cannot patent your invention / idea if someone else has made the same invention as you, even if this has happened in another country. If the product or invention is found elsewhere in the world, it is not considered new.
(As mentioned a few times. I have search and search....and found nothing...I fear it does exist, but in a similar version)

2. Inventor height.
It calls for inventive step and it means that your invention must differ significantly from the prior art. The requirement states that your invention may not be obvious to a person skilled in the art. However, certain small or minor improvements over existing technology or a new combination of known technologies can probably be patented if the invention achieves a technical advantage or effect which is new and surprising.
(If my idea truly is new then it is a total new invention)

3. The invention must be exploitable industrially.
This requirement means that your invention / idea must have at least one practical application. If your invention can be manufactured and used in any type of industry, this requirement is met.
(My idea has only one practical function. It's hard to explain)

Edit
And I can't. I have send a private message to one of our moderators and told this person, what my idea was. I haven't heard anything from this person, so most likely this person didn't know what I was taking about, since the concept of my idea could be totally new.
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 06-13-20 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-13-20, 02:32 PM   #21
captainadccdacaptain
Gunner

Sorry to hear that, I never took into account what country you are from and what their patent processes are. Either way, by observation it would seem that if you revealed your idea, it would be too complex for any of us to replicate, and might even have some who do not even comprehend it. Either way, the choice is yours. I am not going to lie though; the more I hear about this the more intrigued I get
Old 06-13-20, 03:37 PM   #22
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

The revelation:

I have decided to reveal my idea.

Let begin with something everyone of you have used several times in your life from the day you had learned to do a certain thing.

Today this analogical thing has been digitized.

My idea, is so to keep the original analogical device as it is, but digitizes it.

So what is this analogical device I'm talking about and what is the digitized version of it.

Well the analogical version is the good old fashionable book-where you have to turn pages with your fingers or by using a helping tools(like those without hands or arms).

The digitized version is known as E-book. It can have other names.

So what if you could buy a book, a book where the pages is empty...not a word is written on the pages, the pages are either white or transparent and the front and back of this book is black/other color.

And to be able to use this book or have use of it, you have to buy a title who will be loaded on a mini-USB.

This mini-USB is inserted in the same place as you use when you charge the batteries in your book.

After 10-15-20 minutes, the titel have been loaded into the book.

Now you have a picture/painting on the front of the book and the title of course.
On the backside of the book, there will be a description of the content and a word about the author.

Then you can sit down in front of your fireplace and enjoy a good book, where you have to turn pages with your fingers as you do when reading an ordinary book.
When you are finish with this first episode or titel, you just erase it and after 5-10 minutes the book will again be empty...nothing to see on the pages or on the front or back of the book. Then you ca load second episode or a new titel into the book.

I doubt anyone would understand it, even though I have tried my best to explain it.
I expect it has already been invented.

It was Skybird's words regarding his books on a vacation trip.
Here I was thinking-Skybird, what if you only need to have one, and only one book with you, on your vacation trip and a little box filled with mini-USB which are loaded with the titles you prefer to read.

Some years ago a friend said in a comment.
E-books in all its glory, I prefer the good old way of reading a book.

The seed to my idea was sown, when one of the actors in the movie 2012, said he had a huge luggage filled with books, every time he had to travel somewhere.

Edit
Forgot something.
To load an empty book with words is not as easy one may think.
Page 2 and 3.... is one page not two. how can you program something so it can see difference between front and back of a page-Here the idea is what I saw in an episode of how it's made-here they showed how a O-Led tv is produced. Could the same idea be used here. Where this idea is used and placed between to paper, which is glued together as one paper.

Placing the words in the right place.
Here a program is need so the words come to it right places on a page and not placed in one big lump in the middle of a page

Paper or similar.
Can we use ordinary paper, as in real books ?
Or do we have to invent something new, a material which feels like paper, but have what it is need to get such a book to work-load/unload hundreds of times, without getting this material gets worn out

End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 06-13-20 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-13-20, 03:58 PM   #23
captainadccdacaptain
Gunner

That sounds really cool! There is a way to put holographic words onto a flat surface without being overly obstructive, if that is how you mean to go about it. Given the proper funding, it could be done! It would probably need a small laptop battery for a long charge, and an SSD to hold the book files at the very least. A great idea! Not impossible
Old 06-13-20, 04:12 PM   #24
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
That sounds really cool! There is a way to put holographic words onto a flat surface without being overly obstructive, if that is how you mean to go about it. Given the proper funding, it could be done! It would probably need a small laptop battery for a long charge, and an SSD to hold the book files at the very least. A great idea! Not impossible
I have added some extra to my comment

The words who have been loaded into such a book shall be seen as it was written and not look holographic(If I understand it correctly)
The text on a page should look like it was a real page in an ordinary book.

Markus
Old 06-13-20, 04:58 PM   #25
captainadccdacaptain
Gunner

For pages, the book should have thin paper-textured polyethylene with the very thin screens similar to the type of touchscreens embedded into it, except it would be without the touch input and be a read-only output. The books would easily be coded in HTML5 and CSS3. It would be a proprietary operating system and kernel, on a very small motherboard. You have to take into account that some books are longer (regarding pages) and would have to be considered in the overall design. The book itself would already have to be thick, but not unwieldily so.
Old 06-13-20, 05:07 PM   #26
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
For pages, the book should have thin paper-textured polyethylene with the very thin screens similar to the type of touchscreens embedded into it, except it would be without the touch input and be a read-only output. The books would easily be coded in HTML5 and CSS3. It would be a proprietary operating system and kernel, on a very small motherboard. You have to take into account that some books are longer (regarding pages) and would have to be considered in the overall design. The book itself would already have to be thick, but not unwieldily so.
I was imagine two version

Standard=300 pages
XL = 450 pages.

I know the paper in itself will be somewhere around 0.1-0.3 mm thicker than ordinary paper.

I also now the front and back of such a book shall be covered with an iPad-meaning if you tab on it with your fingertip you will hear and fell as it was the front of an iPad/Smartphone.

Or something similar. Either way the front shall have to possibility hold information/picture/painting and title as long as the owner wish or the battery is full enough.

Markus
Old 06-13-20, 05:20 PM   #27
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I'm not as technical in computers as you and others are.
I'm not an expert in materials which is used in computers.

I do however know what I want.

The "paper" in such a book shall feel like real paper or make it feel like it was real paper

The text on a page shall look like it was printed on the paper by a typewriter or printer or look like it was.

Edit

If you can use my idea and if you have friends/family who have the ability to create a prototype of such a book...every new thing begins as a prototype. When you are satisfied with the result, you can start to put it into mass production.
End edit
Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 06-13-20 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-15-20, 04:35 AM   #28
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 222

The Patent thing may vary in different countries, I seem to remember years ago someone went to the patent office to register the wheelbarrow, yes it had already been invented a long time ago but it hadn't been patented and this person got the rights to it and became rich overnight because he got all the royalties from the sales.

Maybe since then they changed the rules I'm not sure but it must have sparked off lots of people looking up everyday objects to see if they had a patent.

I remember years ago they put some books on audio tape and you could insert the cassette and sit back and listen, I never heard one so can't comment on how good or bad they were.
I've never looked at an E-book so again I can't comment on those either.

Your idea is different, it may be possible to an forward and back button on the book to turn the pages and in reality the pages are not turning but giving the illusion they are then to book need not be too big.

I'm sure any company that may look at your idea the first thing they would think of is cost, would it be worth it to put many titles/subjects in to this book and how many would actually buy it.

Also the authors of the original work would want any royalties from the sales, then copyright may rear its head in some cases, so all that needs to be considered.
I know I'm throwing some negatives at you as I'm sure there may be more, but I admire your thoughts on the idea and wish you lots of luck with getting it off the ground.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 10:32 AM   #29
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I have told you what my idea was.

If some of you think s/he can develop such a device and mass produce it and earn big money, then you should patent my idea.

I'm not really interested in earning big money...if a person manage to make money from my idea, then it's up him or her to decide if they want to give me a dollar or two.

Markus