SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-21, 06:46 PM   #1111
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by niktamer93 View Post
Dark water have a clear and simple load order, very clear a contrario of some tmo + rsrdc mod....

Dark waters seems interesting even if i wanted to go for the americanos instead of the classic german...

Anyway, one question about DW mod.

Is there VESSELS ?!

Or should i patrol for 6hoo and more before finding any target ?
not sure what you mean exactly.
DW is meant to be played on the German side.
if you play American, it will be SH4-Stock.
none of the mods affect the American submarines.
if you are also referring to a lack of targets, there is an unexpected feature in SH4 that seems to dry up targets at the date-cusp of the traffic generators.
what is the date you are on patrol and in what area are you patrolling?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 10:21 PM   #1112
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
i refer to some mod for SH 4 with sh!ttty and unclear load order instructions n'ot everyone is familiar with sh 4 mod asking you to dl file everywhere and at the end you just play nothing because you have a sh!t tons of readme to read, when its actually very easy to sequence the correct and good mod to DL then enable one by one, anyway i tryed DW and yeah no target at all, sad when you see the work on that mod lol.

So >> unistalled.

I tryed in 1941 so far i meet 2 aircraft and.... thats all.
Amazing.
well, then, go play something else. try a Sony Playstation.

LAA enabled
Old 07-22-21, 04:55 PM   #1113
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
i only play on pc, you should go for a gameboy, seems good for you.
you're so cute with your responses.
one thing to keep in mind when you post here, whining about something that doesn't work the way you expect it to, is not the most effective way to convince someone to help you.

LAA enabled
Old 07-22-21, 09:20 PM   #1114
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Grow up..

Quote:
Sorry i d'ont need new friend especially pendé like you.

KM +1

Have to agree fully with KM there. Have read your posts & at 1st was going to see of assisting you, but with the last few you've posted.. I am of the opinion of why waste My time in doing so. Especially seeing the disrespect you have shown to date.

Have to say that your last 4 posts, I believe (maybe 5, but hey.. who's counting here, right. ) your actions are liken to those a petulant 2 year old child, at best description.

Acting like a spoiled kid who gets upset at NOT getting their way, grabbing the ball (pick any sport here that has a ball used) & huff stomping off home.

At this point, have fun being ignored, until you start showing some better manners.. if you ever do so.

M. M.

Old 07-23-21, 09:03 PM   #1115
DeathOrGlory
Swabbie

Downloads: 40

Ahoy,

Just wondering if there is an optimal time compression for finding ships and aeroplanes?

I go around at around 1,000, or 1500x TC and I find that even in 1943 I am crossing the Bay of Biscay and barely getting attacked by allied aircraft! Would going around at 256x get me attacked more ( I love playing on 100 realism and getting jumped by Coastal Command over and over like the real U Boat Captains would have) and allow me to find more ships (so that I can finally get my tonnage over 50,000 for a career!)?

Thank you all
DeathOrGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 04:28 AM   #1116
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Dark Waters, submarine school, Ghost convoy...

As I wrote extensively in section

Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific

I posted a story thread called: Dark Waters, submarine school torpedo lessons... / post no. 8,

I'm having trouble staying on the attack map I can see the convoy moving, but through the periscope and surfaced, no ship, no convoy.

Please, read my story in the post I mentioned. Mad Mardigan referred me to this section because MM doesn't know a solution and there may be others here who can help me.
Old 08-22-21, 09:29 AM   #1117
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Are you using Time Compression at the time of the "report" of a convoy? What level of zoom are you using also? If you are not close enough in distance, and are zoomed out a bit, it can look like a convoy is going over the top of your boat, when in actuality, it is 25nm away or more, beyond sonar range even. If the Time Compression is too high, by the time you drop back down to 1x, the convoy might be well-past your position, espeically if there is a "stutter" from the game - which usually signifies a "spawn" of 3D objects nearby.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 07:27 AM   #1118
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default @propbeanie. (Dark Waters, submarine school, Ghost convoy...)

Thank you very much for the response.

Indeed, during the trip to the practice area, I did a lot of kicking the time compression several times. So now I assumed that could be the cause of the problem...

But...yes But! It didn't help! I have of course made the journey again, gosh, how long does it take... It took me 1 1/2 real days to get to my practice area. (DarkWaters, submarine school, convoy attack) I was in plenty of time to see the convoy coming....

But I've never seen it!

The sonar also gave no sound, not even an alarm from the crew. But all updates on the map. That's why I could predict where I should be lurking...

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
Old 08-24-21, 10:29 AM   #1119
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

No reaction?

Has anyone here played '"convoy attack" from the submarine school? How did that go? Can you write something about it here?

Of course I'm playing another mission in the meantime, and I can see the ships there! Both through the periscope and on the deck! And the crew warns me too!
Old 08-24-21, 08:55 PM   #1120
propbeanie

I had played it when Fifi was assembling the parts for pre-Dark Waters releases, and all was fine with the world. Now, I have no clue. I just tried the mission twice, and it does not function correctly. I don't know if maybe it has something to do with the added water effects on the ships, or what might be the problem. Both times though, I went counter-clockwise while the convoy goes clockwise, stopping my boat several time withing 1200 yards from where I knew the next report would come in at, and never did 'see' the ships visually, never did 'hear' them on sonar. Yet, we did receive hourly reports on the convoy's location, and made a mark each time... no sign of ships... I tried a third run with edits to the file, and the "drone" ships do not show in the game.

Old 08-24-21, 09:36 PM   #1121
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I had played it when Fifi was assembling the parts for pre-Dark Waters releases, and all was fine with the world. Now, I have no clue. I just tried the mission twice, and it does not function correctly. I don't know if maybe it has something to do with the added water effects on the ships, or what might be the problem. Both times though, I went counter-clockwise while the convoy goes clockwise, stopping my boat several time withing 1200 yards from where I knew the next report would come in at, and never did 'see' the ships visually, never did 'hear' them on sonar. Yet, we did receive hourly reports on the convoy's location, and made a mark each time... no sign of ships... I tried a third run with edits to the file, and the "drone" ships do not show in the game.
i also played those missions during testing and do not remember any problems as you describe them.
unfortunately, i have not played DW since.

LAA enabled
Old 08-24-21, 11:31 PM   #1122
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Just tried that convoy training one... I chased that convoy around... making note of each report, positioning Myself right in the middle of where the next should pop up... sat on the surface... & nada. Followed that up with the torp training one as well.. & noted that I didn't even hear the sound of My own props, in the hydrophone... in either the convoy or torp training missions.

Old 08-25-21, 04:56 AM   #1123
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

To MODDERS and DEMONSTRATERS (youtube) from Silent Hunter IV.

I've noticed it before. Both groups mentioned are extremely knowledgeable. The first group is very enthusiastically improving the game: removing errors, improving historically, improving graphically. In short, the modders have made it one of the best games because of their great knowledge and enthusiasm!

BUT! The submarine school: That's the stepchild... I mean, there's little credit to be gained from that... The school is all so simple, we don't pay much attention to it. The missions, the patrols, etc. that's where the fun is for them, make it better and better.

But that's a wrong thought! The school is the foundation of the game. That should be the focus in the first instance, just like in reality. You must undergo thorough training to operate a submarine. And then the tactics to wage the war…

The MODDERS paid far too little attention to the submarine school.
Just one example of this: In the basic version of SH$ v1.5: After the navigation and another training you have to attack a convoy! How do the designers get it done! The novice has no idea... But the modders don't look at it either!
That's about what I mean...

Now the DEMONSTRATORS.
Also fantastic enthusiasts! They are happy to tell and show you how to play the game. Because they are experts, they ignore the simple things, they rage through the game with great enthusiasm. Assume that everyone understands the abbreviations that are often spoken in very sloppy English. They often completely fail to notice that they have students on the phone... (I mean on the screen, of course) They often don't pay attention to the mouse, for example. Racing the mouse over the screen, the student doesn't know where to look. As a teacher (!) they should be able to place themselves completely in the needs of the student and not in demonstrating their knowledge! Students must learn every facet of the game, no matter how small... That's pedagogy...

In all of the above, no matter how annoying it may be to those addressed, I show how beautiful I think Silent Hunter IV is.
Old 08-26-21, 10:54 AM   #1124
adrianstu98
Swabbie

Downloads: 142
Default No texgures on subs

Hi all, I'm having a issue wiyh v.6. All subs unless the ix D are without textures (in full black) any way to solve it?. Thanks to all!!
adrianstu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 11:27 AM   #1125
propbeanie

Do you have LAA or 4Gig Patch properly applied to the SH4.exe file? Did you empty the Save folder before starting Dark Waters?