SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-21, 03:02 AM   #1
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Default 129 has released

And man is it fun, really enjoying boarding the merchants for contraband search lol
Old 06-04-21, 01:08 PM   #2
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Well, I did not experience that but a lot of other goodies. Diesel exhaust. Map is totally different. X148 speed now available. Sonar dead spot. What kind of sucked was having to start my career all over again. I was really becoming one with my crew. Changing their hair style daily. Clean shaving Hans. Accessorizing my men. We really became good friends doing this while navigating to BH1004.
Old 06-05-21, 04:24 AM   #3
xXNightEagleXx
Planesman

Downloads: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Sonar dead spot.

Do you mind to elaborate it?
xXNightEagleXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-21, 03:00 PM   #4
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

One new feature of the many I like is the ability to quick at once close all hatches
Old 06-07-21, 12:58 PM   #5
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx View Post
Do you mind to elaborate it?
The baffles, ships equipped with sonar now have a dead zone directly behind them where their sonar cannot detect you due to the sound of their own engines/propellers. this was not modeled in previous releases, but has now been worked in.

other substantial improvements include:

The ability to approach lifeboats and disperse supplies or take prisoners (later in the war this is forbidden and im not sure yet if thats modeled)

The ability to approach, stop and board neutral vessels to ensure compliance with prize regulations. You can now form an armed boarding party, send them to the neutral ship, discuss the ships papers, destination and cargo with the captain, inspect the cargo hold for contraband and decide to sink them or let them go.

spoilerless map, ships are no longer colored green or red on the map, unless you get close enough to see the flag or you have propertly identified them.

diesel exhaust smoke while using the diesels, this can give away your position if near an enemy.

completely remodeled campaign with strategic "big picture" objectives

end of mission recap now tells you the name and type of ship you sank, and that intelligence best guess is that it was carrying (tea, tobacco, medical supplies, food, lumber, iron ore, etc) and where it was coming from and traveling to.

in a single click you can now watertight the boat. instead of ordering evacuation of a damaged compartment, you can now order all hatches closed, the crew will still work to repair the damage, but having the hatches closed greatly slows the progress of flooding across all compartments of the boat and now instead localizes flooding to the damaged compartment.

all map area "loading" prompts have been removed and all loading occurs in the background seamlessly now. for example when you would approach a shore area like La Rochelle, the game would stop for like 5 seconds and say "loading shoreline la rochelle" - those days are over.

Your campaign orders now are in line with the state of the war given the current year - you no longer receive orders to simply go out and patrol a grid or spy on a port, there are several types of missions, some of which require you to leave the sub, that, depending on the progress of the war are available in later years and not early years etc

Crew on enemy ships can be seen walking about performing various tasks aboard their ships, mopping, welding, smoking cigarettes, standing watch etc

Type XIV milk cow subs are added now

far more neutral shipping encounters and penalties for sinking neutrals do exist as far as i can tell

an already amazing subsim is really shaping up to be a beast
Old 06-13-21, 08:21 PM   #6
jerryt
Loader

Downloads: 23

B129 has some nice features, but I'm having an issue where I don't get any mission rewards at all. I get money and XP for contacts reports, and sinking ships, but nothing when turning the mission itself in.

Tried with and without mods, no diff.

B128 works fine, so I'm not sure what is wrong here. Verified the install and all is good.

Update: Here is what I've tried in addition to the above.

I am not getting any mission reward items. No XP, renown, or money. I can get XP and money from making contact reports, and sinking ships, but that it.

I have uninstalled the game from Steam, deleted all Uboat folders under Steamapps, and the files under the user area on my operating system drive, so all Uboat data is gone from my PC. I also disabled the Steam cloud saves. I reinstalled the game, and started a fresh playthough, but the result was the same. I'm not using any mods.

I've done everything I can think to do, but it simply won't work. If I go back to B128 it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by jerryt; 06-14-21 at 01:13 AM.
jerryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 11:54 PM   #7
Belmondo
Soundman

Downloads: 840

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
B129 has some nice features, but I'm having an issue where I don't get any mission rewards at all. I get money and XP for contacts reports, and sinking ships, but nothing when turning the mission itself in.

Tried with and without mods, no diff.

B128 works fine, so I'm not sure what is wrong here. Verified the install and all is good.

Update: Here is what I've tried in addition to the above.

I am not getting any mission reward items. No XP, renown, or money. I can get XP and money from making contact reports, and sinking ships, but that it.

I have uninstalled the game from Steam, deleted all Uboat folders under Steamapps, and the files under the user area on my operating system drive, so all Uboat data is gone from my PC. I also disabled the Steam cloud saves. I reinstalled the game, and started a fresh playthough, but the result was the same. I'm not using any mods.

I've done everything I can think to do, but it simply won't work. If I go back to B128 it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Hello, where can I find this update because the game shows me patch 128 all the time
Old 08-02-21, 06:55 AM   #8
CheckSix
Watch

Downloads: 0

Open Steam, in the Library, select U boat/Properties/Betas. Then select B129 (unstable).
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 11:10 PM   #9
Belmondo
Soundman

Downloads: 840

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSix View Post
Open Steam, in the Library, select U boat/Properties/Betas. Then select B129 (unstable).
There is only unstable and I have no code
Old 08-05-21, 03:49 PM   #10
CheckSix
Watch

Downloads: 0

yea, beta 129 should be there, ( it's called unstable because it's a beta).
I don't know about a code, I haven't needed one.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote