SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-07, 07:31 AM   #931
dlpayer
Swabbie

Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0

I uninstalled SHIII, redownloaded GWX files. SHIII Commander was rolled back. I reinstalled SHIII and it worked fine. The Recognition Manual worked fine and the British ships all showed. I then install just GWX and loaded the sim. Everything works fine except again the Recognition Manual only shows two ships in the British section, all other sections are OK. Any suggestions or should I just live with it? Thanks
dlpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 09:18 AM   #932
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Did you carry out every step of the following:

Delete any/all SH3 files from C\MyDocuments
Install a clean version of SH3 in C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3
Patch it to 1.4b
Copy the folder and paste it to whatever drive you want.

Rename the folder ‘GWX’.
Now install GWX

Now install GWX (v1.0 whatever)
Create a shortcut to the desktop..
Install the SH3Cmd 2.7 plus the SH3Cfg file
If your going to use multiple installs I’d suggest a separate install of SH3Cmdr for each plus an install of MultiSH3.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 02:30 PM   #933
mainexpress
Ensign

Downloads: 292

I installed GWX and the 1.02 patch and i noticed patrolling around great britains coast the mine field is not there,nor is it in the dover straights,it shows in the manual where the british laid there mines on the map but i dont see them in this mod,could someone please explain-thnx
mainexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 02:39 PM   #934
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Are you sure you checked in the correct areas? The mines are there but they are laid some distance appart. My guess would be that you look under the water but not search far enough or deep enough.
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:36 PM   #935
Steppenwolf
中国水兵

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainexpress
I installed GWX and the 1.02 patch and i noticed patrolling around great britains coast the mine field is not there,nor is it in the dover straights,it shows in the manual where the british laid there mines on the map but i dont see them in this mod,could someone please explain-thnx
Not all of the mines are there right from the start of the war. More and more fields are added as the war progresses. So you may be looking too early in the war. See the campaign files in the mission editor if you want to know the exact dates.

Another reason, as melnibonian points out, is that the east coast barrage minefields (and other open ocean minefields) tend to have a much lighter density of mines, than those around ports (It's impractical to lay mines across hundreds of square miles of open ocean at the same density as when attempting to block off a channel into a port. The idea is to make it hazardous to pass through the area, not block it off completely).
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:37 PM   #936
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

If you have installed GWX...they are there....guaranteed

Either that or you have a really fuc*ed up installation :hmm:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:42 PM   #937
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Not all GWX minefields start in 39
Well not since 1.02 anyway

And yes minefield density isnt too high in some areas as was causing CTD with the comp having to render too much

Tis a balance as all things ingame are

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 03:52 PM   #938
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54

Greetings Grey Wolves designers.

I'm having trouble installing. I am following instructions.

1. I uninstalled SHIII completely seeing how I had other mods of it online.
2. I reinstalled SHIII (without rebooting... is that ok?)
3. I had downloaded over the past 2 nights all FIVE files of GWX, the installer and the SHIII 1.4 patch. I then installed the latest SHIII patch without any problems
4. I activate the GWX installer. I get to about 2/3rds completed when I get a warning that a file is corrupted and my system asks me if I want to retry, ignore (yeah right!) or cancel. I tried retrying but same error response.

I have used your MD5 file and compared in MD5 mode (the second tab in the executable file) and it came up as ZERO errors.

If you were in my shoes... what would you do? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Snakeeyes; 03-24-07 at 04:14 PM.
Snakeeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 04:02 PM   #939
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeyes
3. I had downloaded over the past 2 nights all three files of GWX and the SHIII 1.4 patch. I then installed the latest SHIII patch without any problems
GWX has 6 parts.

Click on my sig for the relevent files.
Old 03-24-07, 04:07 PM   #940
Snakeeyes
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeyes
3. I had downloaded over the past 2 nights all three files of GWX and the SHIII 1.4 patch. I then installed the latest SHIII patch without any problems
GWX has 6 parts.

Click on my sig for the relevent files.
Nope... have all 6. the installer and GWX 1-5

What am I doign wrong?

Last edited by Snakeeyes; 03-24-07 at 04:56 PM.
Snakeeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 07:57 PM   #941
mainexpress
Ensign

Downloads: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainexpress
Not all of the mines are there right from the start of the war. More and more fields are added as the war progresses. So you may be looking too early in the war. See the campaign files in the mission editor if you want to know the exact dates.

Another reason, as melnibonian points out, is that the east coast barrage minefields (and other open ocean minefields) tend to have a much lighter density of mines, than those around ports (It's impractical to lay mines across hundreds of square miles of open ocean at the same density as when attempting to block off a channel into a port. The idea is to make it hazardous to pass through the area, not block it off completely).
ok thanks for explaining that,im in a type VII career out of kiel in 1940.and i was looking around under water where the mines supposedly are laid and didnt see any,ill also take a look at the campaign files in mission editor
mainexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 08:54 PM   #942
Hellraiser
Gunner

Downloads: 82
Default SH3 & SH4

Hey, I've been hanging around here for a long time (more than a year) taking advantage of all the hard work being done by all of the modders.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all who kept SH3 alive with superb mods to a great game....you all made it much more enjoyable and I probably would have stopped playing it long ago if not for your efforts.

I pre-ordered SH4 and received it last week. I tried to get into it but found myself constantly comparing it to SH3 (with latest GWX and SH3 Commander upgrades) and to say the least it is very underwhelming.

SH4 needs a LOT of work and for now I'll be sticking with SH3 because in it's current modded state is a better game.

I'm sure SH4 will eventually get there but until then....Ubisoft should hire (part-time of course!) some of the modders and let them fix the problems!

Thanks again to all who have put in the time!
Hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 09:11 PM   #943
Snakeeyes
Captain

Ok. First off... I found the corrupted Bin file and replaced it. I guessed that it was number 4 after taking a ruler and measuring exactly where the installation line stopped and diving it into fractions.

Damn stray electrons can screw up your whole day.

Not much time to play tonight, me being married and all, but I fired it up.

For some reason the first time it crashed my system. Don't know why and don't care. Second time it rocked. LOVE the E3 video you Kriegsmarines put at the starting sequence! It was the first one I played last year when I was thinking about buying SHIII and was farting around on the internet learning about it during my 30 lunch at work.

I went to just the basics to get my first impression. How abooooooooooooout... Artillery? (Sorry... still an Army brat... I like things that go BOOM. The only other sim I play right now is Steel Beasts Pro).

You guys totally revamped the sound! From creaks in the hull to stagnant water outside to gunfire. WOW! Love the new sounds of the diesel! Sounds more menacing. Stock SHIII you felt like you were in a model-T... now I feel like I'm in a Klingon Bird of Prey or something.

Everything about this mod is 100% quality. I can see why it has won so much recognition... this MAY be better than the complete Operation Flashpoint Overhaul mod.

That was ALL I could do tonight unfortunately... but I'll be back. I just wanted to thank everyone who worked on this mod.

P.S. Is it true that there are actually dolphins?????????!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-07, 10:03 PM   #944
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
Patch 1.03

What is the Sitrep (situation report) on patch 1.03 :hmm:
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-07, 10:26 PM   #945
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore
What is the Sitrep (situation report) on patch 1.03 :hmm:
I'll be compiling the release later today. Then a few days to u/l everywhere, then release.

@Snakeeyes: Yes there are dolphins.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote