SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-08, 07:50 AM   #31
anzacmick
Helmsman

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0

gday all,
not to hijack ur thread.....
CB & sailorsteve, i have actually done this(utilized the music files)and had it on my own personal sounds for a while now ...definately adds to the immersion ...with tradeoffs not always sounding the best...lol.... i can upload these files if anyones interested along with a whole lot of other stuff i been WIP on for years...being a bit pedantic about what i release has made me sit on ideas that maybe i shoulda let out of the bag...
oh...and in english sorry so sorry german language freaks...lol

over n out
mick
anzacmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-08, 08:24 AM   #32
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbac
You're most welcome Jimbuna.
Everytime I load GWX and carry on my patrol, I thank the GWX team and modders for the tremendous gaming experience !
Sometimes I feel like it would be so great to really meet you guys
We should rent a pub at the crossroads of states, countries or continents and have a huge fiesta there with all Kaleuns

Barbac
I don't know where your from Barbac......but that get-together is precisely what the GWX team would like to see happen as well.

One day it may well come to fruition.....in the meantime, some of us hope to finally meet in person at this years SubSim meeting.

It'll be great to be able to meet people from this wonderful community in real life

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-08, 12:59 PM   #33
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Thx for the reply Sailor.Steve

Then I guess I have now to wait for the stereo / mono files problem you have found to be solved ?
I'm waiting to hear feedback from users one way or the other. I checked and found that stock SH3 and GWX both use stereo and mono .wav files, so I'm interested to see what different peoples' experiences are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzacmick
gday all,
Not at all, old friend.

Quote:
CB & sailorsteve, i have actually done this(utilized the music files)and had it on my own personal sounds for a while now ...definately adds to the immersion ...with tradeoffs not always sounding the best...lol.... i can upload these files if anyones interested along with a whole lot of other stuff i been WIP on for years...being a bit pedantic about what i release has made me sit on ideas that maybe i shoulda let out of the bag...

over n out
mick
I'd love to hear what you've done in that department. It sounds like a great idea, no matter who releases it.

And speaking of releasing things, I was going to contact you about rereleasing your English version, but now that you're talking to us again, you can do it yourself!
Old 03-17-08, 01:14 PM   #34
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
gday all,

over n out
mick
yes amen to that up-load them!

my thoughts would be perhaps in conjuction with Steve's excellent DB files to work the "music" files to add small ambient "touches" to the soundscape..those small details you couldn't really do convincingly using the normal triggered files...(as they would become overly familiar due to constant repitition..there's allways a cough here or a clank there and so on))
mutterrings coughs drips etc each effect mixed into a much longer mainly silent sound file..so all you would hear would be occasional coughs drips clanks rattles indescernable mutterings in the back ground ...the actual sound file might be 4 or 5 minutes long , but the audible effects would each only last a few seconds each..(the rest of the file being composed of silence)
subtlety is what would work best most likely here...so as not to drown out the normal sounds files buit simply to add little touches that dynamicaly change with the situation and that from the in game point of view would actualy sound as if the normal sound file had actualy changed ..if you see what i mean

because there is no limit to the maximum number of soundfiles you can add to the individual lists..AND the music system plays one at random...the variety of these ambient "touches" can be endless...
and the use of the music system for these very minor occasional sound effects bypasses the anomalys and oddities reasonably well...who's going to find an occasional cough or clank out of place?

lot's of fun to be had and AFAIK there is no max limit to the number of files that can be added this way..:hmm:
to coin a phrase...coooool!!
it's got insanely advanced uber dynamic sound mod written all over it!!

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 03-17-08 at 01:25 PM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 07:40 AM   #35
orangewhale
Loader

Downloads: 327
Default thanks mate

much appreciated DL now

Old 03-18-08, 08:23 AM   #36
anzacmick
Helmsman

Downloads: 134

gday again fellas,
those files have been uploaded to my filefront site...
http://hosted.filefront.com/ANZACMICK/
experimental ambiance
steve...ill release soon my new version of the das boot english sound mod
ill start a new thread also...

cheers mate
anzacmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 12:58 PM   #37
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
steve...ill release soon my new version of the das boot english sound mod
Awesome! It's sorely needed.

Quote:
ill start a new thread also...
A good idea, mainly for your own sake--that way it won't get lost and people can find it more easily.
Old 03-19-08, 03:27 AM   #38
Barbac
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

Good day all,

@ Sailor-Steve
Did you have any feedback from other users regarding to your Das Boot sound mod since you have provided it ?
I was looking forward to use it then JSGMed it but unfortunately I was unable to hear anything in my recent combat situation.
I guess I have missed something though I did put in each of the 9 files the missing "Cheers". I have then extracted the DSBM file as instructed in the read me into my mods folders but it did not work (for me).
I am running GWX2.0 with a few sound mods like the Engine Order Telegraph sound mod, Haunting Atlantic Wind, Ambient Hydrophone, and Ring Ring mod.
Do you eventually know about a major incompatibility with any other mod ?
Sorry to bother you with this problem but I was so delighted to use your mod.

Thanks friendo
Barbac
Barbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 10:45 AM   #39
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

No, I haven't heard anything. There have been a lot of downloads, and nobody has said anything one way or the other.

I'm not sure what the problem could be. If installed with JSGME it should overwrite all the engine-order files, so you won't hear the 'ring-ring' at all, but Das Boot voices instead; unless you go back and re-install the GWX files last.

Does anyone else have any ideas as to why Barbac's install isn't working?
Old 03-19-08, 11:14 AM   #40
Barbac
Helmsman

Thx for the reply Sailor Steve

I am gonna remove the other sound mods one by one and check out with your mod only ...

Barbac
Old 03-19-08, 05:20 PM   #41
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Hi Steve. I have d/loaded and installed your DBSM and it sounds great, apart from the fact I do not hear the cheers whe a torp strikes. I have installed your extra 'cheers' files and installed them for WaO_P, WaO_K and WaO_S and have listened to them using Audacity to make sure they are there, but do not get them in the game. I have only tried it in Naval Academy so far, is it a campaign specific sound only?

Grateful for any help.

Tango589

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 07:07 PM   #42
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

No, it should play at least some of the time. I'll try it and see what's what.
Old 03-19-08, 07:24 PM   #43
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
You're most welcome Jimbuna.
Everytime I load GWX and carry on my patrol, I thank the GWX team and modders for the tremendous gaming experience !
Sometimes I feel like it would be so great to really meet you guys
We should rent a pub at the crossroads of states, countries or continents and have a huge fiesta there with all Kaleuns

Barbac
I don't know where your from Barbac......but that get-together is precisely what the GWX team would like to see happen as well.

One day it may well come to fruition.....in the meantime, some of us hope to finally meet in person at this years SubSim meeting.

It'll be great to be able to meet people from this wonderful community in real life
I was just imagining something in my mind right now, decided to post. I've imagined a party, more like a reunion with drinks and beer, and lots of unknown people, each with sticky tags on the shirt, saying "Jimbuna" or "Sailor Steve" or "Philipp Thomsen" and then you get in a circle of 4 or 5 guys drinking and laughing, and you look on someone's shirt and recognize a nickname, the joy comes "HEEEEEEY, YOU'RE RACERBOY, GOOD TO FINALLY MEET YOU ", and then someone just recognize you as well. Boy, sure it would be very good. I would travell from Brazil to the states just to be in this party. Makes me smile to the monitor just to imagine all this...
Old 03-19-08, 07:39 PM   #44
Gairith
Planesman

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589
Hi Steve. I have d/loaded and installed your DBSM and it sounds great, apart from the fact I do not hear the cheers whe a torp strikes. I have installed your extra 'cheers' files and installed them for WaO_P, WaO_K and WaO_S and have listened to them using Audacity to make sure they are there, but do not get them in the game. I have only tried it in Naval Academy so far, is it a campaign specific sound only?

Grateful for any help.

Tango589
I do not think the cheers play in Academy.

GWX 2.1 - SH3 Commander 3.2 - OLC Ubermod 2.4.2
-
DiD
Gairith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 03:51 AM   #45
Barbac
Helmsman

Lo guys,

@ Sailor Steve
I have finally removed the other sound mods and enabled yours only but no way, cannot hear any of your sounds except for the stock/GWX original ones that play as usual. Like Gairith, I can hear them, all of them when using VLC but not in the game so I guess it is not a sound mods conflict I am dealing with.
Anyway, I will carry on explore any possibility though I cannot afford a complete fresh new install and loose all my previous and hard won patrols
Btw, thx for your help in this matter Sailor Steve.

Barbac