Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 04-20-10, 06:30 AM   #886
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
So Far So good

Hi Chucky, you should have the basic TvsT game then install the Kursk foundation Alpha release see past posts (mods existing missions). There is an optional Mission 3 post this phase but I skipped it after trying (not cause it was bad - just to keep the testing simple for me).
Then install the Kursk mission either v.4 or v.5.
v.4 has lots of units and activity hence the FPS issue (at present) on a lot of PCs. v.5 is a 'lighter' cut down version more suitable for higher framerates. Hope I got that right for you and it makes sense.
Frinic and Lc hello will reply to your posts later no time at present!

All the best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 06:43 AM   #887
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Sounds like it!

Hi Lc, by jerkiness I mean if the image on the game jumps suddenly or shakes unexpectedly at times a little bit.Stuttering means the image hesitates, stops, moves a bit, freezes a bit then resumes a bit like an old film.Like you when you walk or hop on your crutches

I don't think your sound card is the culprit I think either the sound needs to be adjusted in the game( check the in game controls).Is there EAX enabled in TvsT?I know in some games it needs to be turned off because it can affect the quality of play.

ZW; are versions v4 and v5 for beta testers only? I only have v3?

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 06:51 AM   #888
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Hi Lc, by jerkiness I mean if the image on the game jumps suddenly or shakes unexpectedly at times a little bit.Stuttering means the image hesitates, stops, moves a bit, freezes a bit then resumes a bit like an old film.Like you when you walk or hop on your crutches

I don't think your sound card is the culprit I think either the sound needs to be adjusted in the game( check the in game controls).Is there EAX enabled in TvsT?I know in some games it needs to be turned off because it can affect the quality of play.

ZW; are versions v4 and v5 for beta testers only? I only have v3?

Cheers

Hi my friend,

no jerkiness but stuttering of corse by low fps. I made a srange notice after disabeling sound in TvT. CTD

I cant enable EAX in the TVT setup menue but i have it enabled (global). Walk or hop on my crutches but dont call me an old film.

Try to enable sound waiting if TvT is running again.

LC

PS: I had to clear cache and reboot my pc now its working again

PPS. No more drunken in Trinidad?
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 06:58 AM   #889
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default mute but sound!

Sorry Lc when I said old film I had your newsreel on Deutsche Wochenschau in mind....

What strange thing did you notice after disabling the sound?Actually I didn't mean to disable the sound so much as adjusting the sound settings lower and disabling EAX and any sound hardware that is not really needed.

Lc? What's going on I can't hear you nor your Tiger roaring anymore????Are you mute as well like those old films from the twenties?

Cheers
Old 04-20-10, 07:01 AM   #890
LcSummers
XO

Default Its me

Hi again,

Quote: ZW; are versions v4 and v5 for beta testers only? I only have v3?

i can copy that. My E-mail says it is for beta testers.

LC
Old 04-20-10, 07:10 AM   #891
LcSummers
XO

Default Never mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Sorry Lc when I said old film I had your newsreel on Deutsche Wochenschau in mind....

What strange thing did you notice after disabling the sound?Actually I didn't mean to disable the sound so much as adjusting the sound settings lower and disabling EAX and any sound hardware that is not really needed.

Lc? What's going on I can't hear you nor your Tiger roaring anymore????Are you mute as well like those old films from the twenties?

Cheers

Frinic,

i didnt disabling sound only pushed the trigger to the utmost left. This thing caused my pc to CTD. Never mind, cleared cache and made a reboot so it is working again. Seems that without sound game is ctd.

Be aware what are you writing, i am now an engineer and i will change your Tigers Maybach engine into a cart engine with 6PS.

Cheers

LC
Old 04-20-10, 12:26 PM   #892
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Thanks for the help guys.I think I will wait until the official release.I have a few games going on at the moment,no time for them all
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 02:15 PM   #893
morttheslayer
Soundman

Default Lc & Frinic

Guys
Had a laugh at your posts, thanks for greeting Frinic, and Lc you gave me great support in v.5 until a bad tempered Ivan (not sure if it was Arty or T34) smoked you. I was in 'God' mode so probably a bit too casual I must have lured you into feeling safe!! I see your core (well cores) are 3.4 GHz rating and I thought that would be pretty adequate. There may be some sound issues possibly one of your cores may be allocated to sound Hardware acceleration I don't know. I've heard of problems where Force Feedback was related to sound problems but this was years ago. May just be your graphics card.
Now Graphics; Frinic I have a GeForce Nv 9800GTX+ its no slouch but won't hold up against the latest flagship Radeon cards - my aim when prices fall a bit is to get a Sapphire Vapour X HD5870 1Gb card, solid state HDD and new monitor (only 17inch at present but OK). Might get them before I die .
Seriously I have given some thought to experimenting with updated drivers sometimes this can make a bit of difference but I'm reluctant to do so at present while we're all testing and to be honest the present drivers don't seem to have very many issues (i.e.NVidea issued some drivers recently that didn't allow the cooler to spool up when the GPUs started overheating and apparently fried some expensive cards!!).
Lc when you get your new (Pink) paint job we'll have an evening attack with sun behind us and you'll be invisible.
By the way I'm a Bosun now not sure if I've been promoted or demoted!! it's like being married a long time when I can't tell the difference between praise and a rollocking.
BTW Lc I thought you were a beta tester getting all versions!

I had a strange moment after installing v.4 Kursk (heavy mission), the sound setting defaulted to zero - in game settings and it took a while to find it (mainly as not happened before) thought I had sound problem too; but reset slider to one less than max and all OK again.
So to recap my sound settings were re-set to zero after inst v.4 but the CTD didn't happen to me. Wonder if a file has a slight corruption as I had some weird graphics problems after the initial ZW mods release but it wasn't the programme as I reinstalled everything twice and it all wen't away (thank goodness).
Off now for a cup of Panzer Commander's Tea brewed by Mrs Panzer Commander. All the best Kamarades
Mort (Half Bosun Half Panzer Commander)
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 04:05 PM   #894
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1
Default Kursk IS coming soon!

Kameraden, do not think for a moment I have backed off the attack!
Ferreting out the solution takes time and determination.

Forward!

ZW

Tigers on the ATTACK!

FPS on my machine varies from 10.5 - 6.5 at 1680 x 1050 80% settings
and 8x AA

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 01:21 AM   #895
animal
Watch

I'm going to talk to a friend who has paypal (brother in -law) and arrange to help beta test, because i'd like to throw in any help I can. I'm going to do some testing tomorrow with hyperthreading enabled and then disabled to see if that has an effect on the game.

In zw's mission 6 remake/christmas release (which is an enjoyment btw) i get anywhere between 45-60+fps and only have drops lower then that if I'm using a scoped mode/binoculars through the smoke of a burning vehicle, but it still stays above 25fps and because of the slow nature of the game that is more then enough. (compared to a FPS)

I'll report back on my hyperthreading findings tomorrow. It would be helpful for others to see people reporting more specifically what hardware they have if they list their fps. I've got an i7 920 watercooled @ 4.2 Ghz with 6GBddr3 and dual SSD's in raid-0. So its a quad core but with hyperthreading is effectively an 8 core chip. I also have 2x GTX 280's in SLI that are also watercooled. I play at 1680x1050 resolution with 4x antialiasing and 16x anisotropic filtering with all the in game settings maxed.
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 01:55 AM   #896
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Alpha Release v1

Mort make sure that you are a bosun not a bosom.....

I saw that Sapphire graphic card.Yes it's a beauty.I can't afford it (not priice-wise) because I only have laptops so it's out of my reach. Once I order a pc I will look for that card of some high end ATI with 1 or 1.5 dedicated gigs.You have good specs and the Nvidia 9800 is not something to frown upon.It's a good gc.

The problem is the game.TvsT is much more demanding than other similar games.No idea why.A coding or programming issue perhaps?

Lc, Morty; I need your assistance. I have been trying to install Zee Pre Kursk Alpha v1 mod on the wife's laptop to test it but I don't see any change.Zee told me that oprobably my download was corrupted so I downloaded nod again and reinstalled it .Still when I turn game on I game I get the same ZeeWolf 's Production Beta release v2.0 starting screen with a Tiger in the foreground blasting at a target
I must be doing something wrong.Here's what I did I saved the downloaded file into a separate folder and then extracted it placing the resulting folder through the auto install into my TvsT game main folder.I can see that the folkder is there.The game plays fine but without any change in sounds, special effects, tank models etc.It's just Zee's 2 new missions( Tiger Shake Kurtenki and Tigers Break Out and the old missions).What should I be looking for to tell me the install is successful?Should there be a ZeeWolf's starting screen with a Tiger in the foreground blasting at a T34 that says Pre Kursk Alpha Release v1 ?

Cheers!
Old 04-21-10, 02:31 AM   #897
LcSummers
XO

Default Help

Hi my friend,

trying to make it understanable what i did.

Quote:

Lc, Morty; I need your assistance. I have been trying to install Zee Pre Kursk Alpha v1 mod on the wife's laptop to test it but I don't see any change.Zee told me that oprobably my download was corrupted so I downloaded nod again and reinstalled it .Still when I turn game on I game I get the same ZeeWolf 's Production Beta release v2.0 starting screen with a Tiger in the foreground blasting at a target
I must be doing something wrong.Here's what I did I saved the downloaded file into a separate folder and then extracted it placing the resulting folder through the auto install into my TvsT game main folder.I can see that the folkder is there.The game plays fine but without any change in sounds, special effects, tank models etc.It's just Zee's 2 new missions( Tiger Shake Kurtenki and Tigers Break Out and the old missions).What should I be looking for to tell me the install is successful?Should there be a ZeeWolf's starting screen with a Tiger in the foreground blasting at a T34 that says Pre Kursk Alpha Release v1 ?

First of all what kind of ZW ADD ONs do you own?
If they are corrupted it is possible (with ZWs agreement) that Morty or me (so ZW can concentrate on Kursk mission and we will help you) are sending them to you.

1, First have a fresh install of TvT.

2, Then install ZW_MO_T34vTiger_Pre_Kursk_Alpha_v1

3, Install (i have done this) ZW_German_Mission3. Do you have this too? Its great.

4, At least we beta testers installed 1ZW_MO_Kursk_Mission_1_Pre- Alpha_v3 or v4 or v5.

I will install it the way you did and then tell you more. Is this OK for you? This will take some minutes. Then reporting or CTD.

LC
Old 04-21-10, 02:52 AM   #898
LcSummers
XO

Default Report for frinic

Hi frinic (the same as every year) means its me again!

ZeeWolf 's Production Beta release v2.0 starting screen with a Tiger in the foreground blasting at a target YES, RIGHT

Setup screen has:

Single Player
USSR
Germany here you have TEXT TEXT TEXT
Project ZEEWOLF

ZeeWolf's starting screen with a Tiger in the foreground blasting at a T34 that says Pre Kursk Alpha Release v1 ? NO

but you have to install ZW_German_Mission3. Here you will see differences but LOGO remains the same.

If you installBeta tester mission Kursk I you will have another LOGO.

OPERATION ZITADELLE, a Tigerface (animal) in the background and your Tiger I is facing to the right.

Cheers

LC
Old 04-21-10, 03:02 AM   #899
LcSummers
XO

Default NO retreat

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1367134]Kameraden, do not think for a moment I have backed off the attack!
Ferreting out the solution takes time and determination.

Forward!

ZW

Tigers on the ATTACK!

FPS on my machine varies from 10.5 - 6.5 at 1680 x 1050 80% settings
and 8x AA

Hi ZW,

we all know that you and all of the members dont think about retreating.
With FPS growing you go the right way and everything that has to be improved, updated takes time.

We are all behind you and knowing you are hard working to improve and release Operation Zitadelle.

Thank you for this update.

LC
Old 04-21-10, 03:24 AM   #900
LcSummers
XO

Default Bosun

[QUOTE=morttheslayer;1366973]Guys
Had a laugh at your posts, thanks for greeting Frinic, and Lc you gave me great support in v.5 until a bad tempered Ivan (not sure if it was Arty or T34) smoked you. I was in 'God' mode so probably a bit too casual I must have lured you into feeling safe!! I see your core (well cores) are 3.4 GHz rating and I thought that would be pretty adequate. There may be some sound issues possibly one of your cores may be allocated to sound Hardware acceleration I don't know. I've heard of problems where Force Feedback was related to sound problems but this was years ago. May just be your graphics card.

Lc when you get your new (Pink) paint job we'll have an evening attack with sun behind us and you'll be invisible.

Hi Morty, or should i say bosom friend

I do not think that my CG makes problems. I have nVidia Forceware drivers which are really fast ever used those drivers. My CG shouldnt make any problems too its a GTX 295 with 1792 Mb.

Quote:BTW Lc I thought you were a beta tester getting all versions!
I have those versions which ZW send to me and they are Pre Kursk v3-v5. The rest of them were deleted.

Quote:Lc when you get your new (Pink) paint job we'll have an evening attack with sun behind us and you'll be invisible.

Now if this really happens we will see us in Africa, may be ZW is thinking about pink paint and will sending us to fight Monty!!!!!!

Have a nice and ashy day

Cheers

LC