Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-13-10, 08:11 PM   #1591
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscalan View Post
Zee,
we are very pleased to read that we will have the mission 3 of Kursk in a week.

Wunderbar.

вперед товарищи!
Good news: Friday for sure! All looks good and plays well the remainder is
stuff I have done before and just requires updating to the new standards.

вперед товарищи!

ZW

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 02:15 AM   #1592
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Friday is going to be Fry Day.....(as in frying tanks)

Herrn Zee awaiting with trepidation the next release.No more flying Tigers but hopefully diving Panthers for froschmann Lc Summer( or is it Submmerged????). The last Kursk mission(June release)unfortunately took a heavy toll on my fps once again.I just hope this one plays smoothly.What is it exactly in Tvst that seems to take such a heavy toll on a GPU? Would reducing the scale/size of everything; tanks, vehicles, guns, buildings, vegetation etc help addressing that issue?After all I have seen RTS with lush graphics, tremendous FX and plenty of vehicles/tanks and AI running very smoothly at high resolutions with 256 mb ddr2 graphic cards.I realise this is a sim not an RTS and we cannot have TvsT reduced to the side of Company of Heroes , or Soldiers Heroes of WWII or Men of war etc but would reducing the size of the objects - while keeping it sim-like- result in higher FPS(this may be a dumb question....)?

Friday is Der Tag???

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 11:25 AM   #1593
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Herrn Zee awaiting with trepidation the next release.No more flying Tigers but hopefully diving Panthers for froschmann Lc Summer( or is it Submmerged????). The last Kursk mission(June release)unfortunately took a heavy toll on my fps once again.I just hope this one plays smoothly.What is it exactly in Tvst that seems to take such a heavy toll on a GPU? Would reducing the scale/size of everything; tanks, vehicles, guns, buildings, vegetation etc help addressing that issue?After all I have seen RTS with lush graphics, tremendous FX and plenty of vehicles/tanks and AI running very smoothly at high resolutions with 256 mb ddr2 graphic cards.I realise this is a sim not an RTS and we cannot have TvsT reduced to the side of Company of Heroes , or Soldiers Heroes of WWII or Men of war etc but would reducing the size of the objects - while keeping it sim-like- result in higher FPS(this may be a dumb question....)?

Friday is Der Tag???

Cheers
No diving Panthers either frinik, It's crunch time today I will include the
reg file so you can hop around from mission to mission with out having to
complete the ZW missions As for the FPS issue you will have to replay
the Kursk missions to see.
Now it's back to work,
ZW

Oh, BTW frinik did you want to beta test with your new PC

Old 10-15-10, 08:40 PM   #1594
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Finally, the October Update Beta v1A is complete and uploaded
I will be send out links to all current Beta volunteers. If you do not receive
your link, e-mail me ASAP so we can get that to you. I will also take this
week end to post some tutorials on my web site that will help with learning
some new changes.

Vorwärts Kameraden!

ZW

Old 10-15-10, 09:39 PM   #1595
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default OK for beta testing

Why not Zee my new pc is still giving me grief but at least I can play sims.I am going to order a new graphic card a real bargain an ATI Radeon 5570 1 gb ddr5 at less than a $ 90 according to all reviews the best GC for the money under $ 100. As fast as some of the gcs worth twice the price.

Ok Zee put me on the list of beta testers.

Best of lucks ZW Members and friends!
Old 10-15-10, 10:01 PM   #1596
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Why not Zee my new pc is still giving me grief but at least I can play sims.I am going to order a new graphic card a real bargain an ATI Radeon 5570 1 gb ddr5 at less than a $ 90 according to all reviews the best GC for the money under $ 100. As fast as some of the gcs worth twice the price.

Ok Zee put me on the list of beta testers.

Best of lucks ZW Members and friends!
STILL! Good God frinik I feel your pain man
I think this update might cheer you up though So if you do not receive
my e-mail in the next few minutes just e-mail me.

Cheers
ZW

PS: It's on the way frinik

Old 10-15-10, 11:02 PM   #1597
Priscalan
Loader

Hi Zee,

I downloading and I am HAPPY, HAPPY,
Priscalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-10, 11:29 PM   #1598
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscalan View Post
Hi Zee,

I downloading and I am HAPPY, HAPPY,
That's great Priscalan

ZW

Old 10-16-10, 06:51 AM   #1599
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Beta Testing

Zee I had no access to the internet( my wife and kids monopolising it and me begging for a few minutes ) then it crashed on me.No worries I will doanload it no matter what the cost and report Herrn ZugFuehrer.

Thanks and impatient to test it!

I want to see Lc take a dive in the Dnieper and Priscalan sky dive with his new Tiger......
Old 10-16-10, 07:04 AM   #1600
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default October Release Auestion

Zee one question of general interest are we supposed to uninstall all your previous releases prior to installing the October beta release or can we simply overwrite?

You mention default TsvT which I am not sure you mean a clean instal of the game or what?

Cheers and thanks
Old 10-16-10, 09:40 AM   #1601
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Zee one question of general interest are we supposed to uninstall all your previous releases prior to installing the October beta release or can we simply overwrite?

You mention default TsvT which I am not sure you mean a clean instal of the game or what?

Cheers and thanks
I will change that, but you can overwrite This new update will make all
previous releases obsolete.

Here is some help provided by a new Project ZeeWolf member for those how
have Win7:

You need to disable user access control.
This is done by typing UAC in the search programs and files boxes
That will bring up the UAC window and bring the slider to the minimum which is
equivalent to disabling UAC. The system has to be rebooted.
It installs fine then.
Presumably you can put the UAC back where it was after installing to protect the PC.

Cheers
ZW

Old 10-17-10, 12:51 AM   #1602
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default October Release Preliminary Report

Hi Zee and fellow ZW members.

I have finally managed to successfully test the October beta release.

i'll sum up my findings with a three letter word; WOW! Fellow ZW an friends brace yourselves you are going to love it!

After an unsuccessful instllation on my laptop last night .I installed successfuly but it did nto overwrite the original files s I looked for new chnages scratching my head all along I decided to give a night sleep.

|I did the installation on my pc with Windows 7 and it worked very well. I played the first new Soviet mission.Wow!Lots of T34s and SU85s attacking a great sight to see compared to the paltry Soviet missions in the original games with a dozen tanks or so.Great atmosphere, wide open spaces, artillery and guns pounding.Within 5 minutes I received no less then 6 hits and my tank was disabled.I looked on as my fellow Red tankers surged forward.I took quite a beating.....

I played the new German number 2 mission as well and with nice changes.I almost succeeded but I was so taken by the new gorgeous Tiger looking at it from the outside ) that I got killed by a SU while staring.There were barely 2 Sov tanks left.I finished the mission with 8 tanks and 3 AT destroyed.

One bug I can report.When tabbing the missions at the end the T34/76 are not displayed nor counted in the final tally.I killed 3 T34/76 on the road and they were not counted nor could I see them displayed amongst the kills.

Otherwise, great new Tiger although I hope that in the final alpha release they'll have camo colours?They're nice in Tan but they need to get dressed.

The new Tiger works very well and the speeds have been adjusted realistically so no more speeding Tiger.This is great.I also like the new display panel with the word "brake" on it.Very clear.

I also like the Panzer IV G in the new camo.I'd like that camo for our new Tigers.

FPS-wise, very good fps from 33 to 60 in the German 2 mission and 11 to 15 in the new first Soviet mission heavy and replete with tanks and artillery. It's normal that the fps would go down but even then it played smoothly.

Great accomplishment Zee.I also like your new intro when the game starts very nice .Unfortunately I have been unable to test more as I have chores to do.But I will continue my testing later today.

Thus very positive first impression I'll give it a 9.5/10.Only one minor bug reported.Otherwise very stable and very spectacular.

Excellent work Zee your members are going to be delighted.Thanks and tanks

It's Tanksgiving early this year...

Cheers and much to rejoice
Old 10-17-10, 03:07 AM   #1603
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Looks like this will indeed be a ver merry Xmas

Looking forward to the final version
Old 10-17-10, 03:49 AM   #1604
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Beta Test

Hello ZW and Beta testers,

my first impression is WOOOUUUWW!!! Great. Commodore Frinic said the most important things but i have some discoveries made too. Some are of my point of view others are not.
The Panther is not displayed this time, am i right?

The first thing i tried was the Kursk Mission #2. There i saw my new Tiger one (without cammo as Frinic mentioned). If its possible, i would later prefer some more mud cause a 69 Ton beast tears up everything, maybe some spare tracks and some towing cable as seen in many pictures. This is only a suggestinon for the future. BUT wait the antenna is still there.
ZW, you mentioned to make the turret with the high cupola, so i dont want to go deeper.
Kill marks on the gun, Panzerabteilung markings too
The interface is great, with brakes on, stations wich are not controlled by me or AI are blue. COOL.

A little bug in the Kursk mission: When i fired up my, sorry the Tigers engine it stalled at 800 RPM, so i had to give a little bit more gas to avoid it.
I set the clutches and saw black smoke from the exhaust. Thats really nice. Wait wait wait. The envirionment , grass too fantastic.

Many tanks on either side i had about 5.5 to 4.5 FPS in Kursk mission.

ZW why is there a big difference in FPS between Single missions and Campaign? I tried the new russian mission with many tanks (SU 152 were there too) i had about 11-15 FPS. This was really great.

Another thing is thats its hard to make a difference between destroyed tanks. I saw sme P III and SU 122 wich seemed in perfect condition but they weredestroyed. So from a distance i shot them many times untill i realized they are out of action.
Is in the future a possibility to have a damage model for the new tanks, maybe black motor and gun pointing downward. I know this is beta and we are a long way from a finished sim. I only wanted to mention this too.

One thing thats disapointing me is the AI. There is alot of woods out there, the russian tanks are fireing from 1200m through the forrest an i take some hits. I really cant see them and to be fair it would be the other way around. The AI is much superior to me but considering the fact that a tank would fire though woods, it should hit trees and not tanks. Even when i am 200 meters away from a tank in the woods i cant see it but they are knocking me out.

I liked that mission when the Tigers had to occupy a village and te russian tanks were shooting at you from its outscirts where they saw the enemy.

So i said this is my point of view i never want to critisize anybody because i cant make a sim like ZW did.

All in all a great improvement in everything, the only thing that annoyed me was the superior AI with a to dense forret to fight th enemy.
Its areal improvement and thats for sure that you are making a great job ZW, not mention the new tanks. Step by step its getting a real sim.

Thanx ZW, weiter so Kamerad.

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 04:30 AM   #1605
Priscalan
Loader

Hi Zee,

As Frinik, I am very impressed by the work done in recent months..

Details of the new Tigers are beautiful (the tow rope is raised, the tower lost its launching smoke, new map transparent ...)
a bug for IL2 with a very strange flight, like the following view

... or tanks floating in the air

The multiplayer menu, returns automatically singleplayer
The first note for this beta is for me to 9.999/10

Cheers, I continue

Last edited by Priscalan; 10-17-10 at 04:53 AM.
Priscalan is offline   Reply With Quote