SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-20-21, 10:06 AM   #8611
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

People's preference of intervention over prevention, regarding Covid, is just astounding. I can't imagine someone choosing to walk barefoot through a nest of rattlesnakes just because the nearby hospital has anti-venom (or they at least hope so). SMDH.
Old 09-20-21, 10:10 AM   #8612
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
People's preference of intervention over prevention, regarding Covid, is just astounding. I can't imagine someone choosing to walk barefoot through a nest of rattlesnakes just because the nearby hospital has anti-venom (or they at least hope so). SMDH.
You can SYDH all day. Not everyone can take the vaccine. I can't imagine that looking for effective treatments after one has contracted the virus is of non-interest to you or anyone else.
Old 09-20-21, 10:16 AM   #8613
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
You can SYDH all day. Not everyone can take the vaccine. I can't imagine that looking for effective treatments after one has contracted the virus is of non-interest to you or anyone else.
If you're discussing this as an option for the extremely rare instance of those who can't take the vaccine (and I'm fairly certain that isn't really a thing) then 'kudos' to you. If you're promoting this as a viable option for everyone to consider instead of taking the vaccine, entirely, then consider giving it a rethink.
Old 09-20-21, 10:26 AM   #8614
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
If you're discussing this as an option for the extremely rare instance of those who can't take the vaccine (and I'm fairly certain that isn't really a thing) then 'kudos' to you. If you're promoting this as a viable option for everyone to consider instead of taking the vaccine, entirely, then consider giving it a rethink.
Arlo, it is not a rare instance some can not take the vaccine. It is a viable option. I have a friend that contracted COVID. He can not take the vaccine. This procedure was approved for him. In 48 hours he was well on the way to healthy. Not to mention as the current vaccine is starting to get less effective it would be a great idea to continue with finding alternative to just a vaccine. We have cold and flu meds for the cold and flu. The flu vaccine is not 100% effective.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 09-20-21 at 11:23 AM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 11:38 AM   #8615
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The White House says the ban on UK and EU travellers coming to the US will be lifted in November.

The ban has been in force since March 2020 when the pandemic began gathering pace.

The move has been welcomed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson, along with UK airlines and airports.

On Monday the UK recorded 36,100 new Covid cases and 49 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 11:47 AM   #8616
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
We have cold and flu meds for the cold and flu.

We don't, actually. Both a cold and the flu are viral infections, and the human immune system has to deal with, and medication can only support the body in that task.

The flu vaccine (which has a lower efficacy than the Covid vaccines, btw) does exactly the same: it prepares the immune system for the virus strains that statistically are the most likely to be around.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-21, 11:50 AM   #8617
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
We don't, actually. Both a cold and the flu are viral infections, and the human immune system has to deal with, and medication can only support the body in that task.

The flu vaccine (which has a lower efficacy than the Covid vaccines, btw) does exactly the same: it prepares the immune system for the virus strains that statistically are the most likely to be around.
Yes, the prescribed treatments for COVID also help the body deal with the task. I understand that. Arlo appears to hang his hat on the COVID vaccine only.
Old 09-20-21, 12:33 PM   #8618
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Arlo, it is not a rare instance some can not take the vaccine. It is a viable option. I have a friend that contracted COVID. He can not take the vaccine. This procedure was approved for him. In 48 hours he was well on the way to healthy. Not to mention as the current vaccine is starting to get less effective it would be a great idea to continue with finding alternative to just a vaccine. We have cold and flu meds for the cold and flu. The flu vaccine is not 100% effective.
My apologies. Carry on, sir.
Old 09-20-21, 01:27 PM   #8619
Arlo
The Old Man

Old 09-20-21, 09:29 PM   #8620
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.
https://journals.lww.com/americanthe...ment_of.7.aspx

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 07:39 AM   #8621
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine should be accepted under new US travel rules, White House medical adviser Dr Anthony Fauci says.

A ban on UK and EU travellers will lift in early November.

Fully-jabbed passengers can enter the US if they take a Covid test before travelling.

But precise details are yet to be ironed out - including eligible vaccines.

UK records 36,100 new Covid cases and 49 deaths within 28 days of a positive test on Monday.

Old 09-21-21, 07:46 AM   #8622
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-21-21, 09:50 AM   #8623
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
The mortality rate is still less than 2%, so if you want to be a "Chicken Little" that's your prerogative. Just leave me out of it.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 10:00 AM   #8624
Arlo
The Old Man

I'm sure 156,000,000 people (2% of the world population) would love to see you 'out of it.'
Old 09-21-21, 10:51 AM   #8625
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Since Dr. Fauci said wearing masks were pointless and the NIH study concluded N95 masks DO NOT provide the level of protection people think it does.

I think your meme should be moved to the Covidian Cult pseudo-science and philosophy thread.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan