SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-16-21, 12:56 PM   #3616
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I certainly can't see the current Tory government returning her citizenship.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 05:36 PM   #3617
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

(Sorry for opening this thread again, but I don't want to create a new one since it has to do with islam)

Quote:
Open letter from an ex-Muslim:

For me today, Mother's Day has hit me a little harder than usual.
I clearly remember my mother's text message a few years ago, with the blunt message : Forget that you have mother, father and siblings, goodbye and thank you.
What led up to that message, I will of course try to describe.
My childhood has been good, all in all. Growing up in Ribe, the oldest town in Denmark, is not all bad.

All my friends were Danish, because at that time there were not so many with immigrant background (as there are now)
My parents let me and my younger siblings watch Christmas calendars, even though we didn't celebrate Christmas. I could stay over at my ham-eating childhood friend Lars' house and we would play Nintendo all night.
I spoke Danish at home without being forced to speak Arabic.
Of course, there were also things in my childhood that I now believe my parents did wrong. But I am a grown man today, and I can forgive, and I know that all parents make mistakes. Often the mistakes are made out of the best intentions.

All in all, my childhood was marked by great freedom, and my mother has always been a security for me, and the one who has always tried to keep the family together.
Even with Koran reading and learning to pray, my parents gave up pretty quickly because I would rather watch cartoons on German RTL, and was probably just as stubborn as I am today. I didn't want to.
But.
I noticed as a child how Islam played a significant role at home, but never outwardly.

When my parents were visited by Muslim friends from other cities, like Odense, Esbjerg and Copenhagen, there was a social control. Of course, I didn't understand it at the time, but when their friends made judgmental comments like "why doesn't he speak Arabic" about me, or when the guests showed a certain contempt for the fact that my friend was a Dane (Lars)
Each time, Islam was the argument brought up for me to speak Arabic and stay away from Danes. You can be friends with Danes, but only to talk about "amazing Islam."
That social control only intensified when we moved from quiet Ribe to the second floor of the ghetto in Kolding Skovparken.
I have thought for many years that my parents chose this because they missed more of "their countrymen peers."

But the reality has been that they were afraid I was becoming too Danish.
In Skovparken, I started as a root, along with the other roots. Neither a good citizen according to society, nor a good Muslim according to the Muslims.
But I went from being a mess, to changing my social circle, and eventually also getting married Islamic to a woman in a headscarf.
Suddenly there was recognition and it was called "mashallah" from strangers I didn't know.
My mother was proud. My father was proud. But I was really lying to myself.

This Islamic environment I was in was so full of hatred for everything Danish.
I was now part of the very segment that pressured my family back then in Ribe.
What the hell was I doing there? ?
I lacked the courage to speak out loud and clear. And at the same time, the pride of my mother and father, was also something that filled. Could I really be "known" to throw all that on the ground now?
Allah meant nothing to me at this point. So the fear of Allah's punishment and the religious prison were long gone from me personally.
So what was I doing here, calling myself a Muslim outwardly and trying to live up to the expectations there are ?
Danish work colleagues could feel a change in me and I was aware of it myself.
I had to do something about that.
I couldn't lie to myself anymore.

But I shout out loud today that I am EX-MUSLIM because I believe the umbilical cord needs to be cut completely. No halfway solutions, or "interpreting Islam my own way"
No matter how much I tried to interpret Islam, it was basically a lie to myself and an attempt to justify it to myself.
And it created increased pressure on my parents when I started shouting out loud.
Angry Muslims contacted my parents when they read a post from me, or a post on Facebook. Hoping to get me corrected.
It didn't work. I continued

People who showed up at the address threatening didn't help either. I continued.
Eventually the pressure was so great that they then chose to slap my hand off.
But even that, I see only as a desperate attempt to get me straightened out.
A manipulative attempt to play on my conscience. (How can you do that to your family etc)
But I continue.
Dear mother, I love you, but it is really you who must come to terms with the people around you and your shared Islam. I don't want to, and I'm not going to pretend that I do.
I write this publicly because I know others are watching. You know, the ones who apparently think you are bad parents because you let me become "too Danish".
I don't think you're bad parents, but you've just let yourselves be guided by their talk of what "true Islam" is.
Forget Islam, and forget those who are now trying to shame you because your son is pulling down the underpants of Islam in public.
I am still the boy you see in this picture. And if you want to let religious social control run the relationship here, go ahead, but it will be without me.
I have my family here, and we're expecting another child. I am an ex-Muslim, and will remain so tomorrow.
Happy Mother's Day.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 06:18 PM   #3618
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

For many years we have had many discussions about Islam, and I tried my share to explain why I see it as such a big threat to mankind in general, and the West that it overruns by sheer migration numbers in special. Ideologies are anything but just harmless drivel, they have motivational and socially controlling power, and this is especially intensely practiced in Islam. And whereever it raises its head in Western nations, practically never and nowhere it projects a positive effect and influence on the native culture, but always tries to overcome it, erode it, thinking in long time phases and having plenty of patience, and stubborness, and determination. Muhammad'S demands were crystal clear. Not coexistenc with the bother on equal terms, butr subjugating the other, at any cost. Who denies this, has not understood the most profound truth about Muhammeddanism - Muhammad's self-made ideology.

I have had my share of times when i helped apostates who decided it was time for their human developement to leave Islam behind. The social price these people paid always was utmost high. The post you just quoted reminds me of these people I then met and talked and shared time with. I could say I were proud a bit that I did my share to help them to make the final last steps to realise their decisions and to encourage them, but truth is that it is them alone who deserve to be proud of themselves, rating their human potential and life and quality and natural right to be free above barbaric primtive cultural norms and opressive families.

Breaking ties with your family is tough if you experienced them in your childhood to be not abusive, but good, because you were too young to question what was told you. You leave your home easier when you get mistreated, abused, beaten, not loved, or get exploited. But when you realize your family kind of loves you but is imprisoned in the social-cultural prison their Islamic background and biography is for then, leaving them no other choice than to be what they are, you have to make a decision when you got doubts about that prison yourself. You either surrender and become a prisoner yourself, maybe even with the duty to do harm to others by taking them prisoner as well, or you break ties and leave, winning your inner freedom and loosing your family. Peace of mind you nevertheless may not win at all: some do, others not. Maybe that family even turns hostile, sometimes even a threat to your life. That is tough, really tough to endure. Some heartbreaking memories on my mind regarding two, three social guys I knew back then. Like with so many other people I met in my life, all those past conctacts today are dead and silent. I mean, I do not have contact to any of all these people anymore, since years. Thats how life goes. It comes, it shares time with your biography a bit, and then it goes again.

My respect and good wishes for every Muslim apostate trying to break free from islam. My unforgiving determination for every Muslim wanting to push Islam onto the world, and others. Taken by the Quran (and there is no Islam worth to be called that that does not take the Quran literal) , it is barbary, and blindess, and tyranny, and fascism. Support those trying to break free from it. Confront those sticking to it or trying to give it a nice and kind appearance. Thats what it comes down to, just these two. Islam is neither kind nor nice. Indifference, or wrongly understood "tolerance", is self-destruction when being confronted with such an enemy.

We currently see the busting of several political certainties and life-lies that were taken as granted for decades: Russia, globalization, slowly: China. I would hope Islam would make it onto that list of debunkings, but unfortunately I can impossibly be optimistic on that to happen. Whereever I look, I see the problems with Islam int the West raising worse - and the attempts to ignore, or better: to deny them, getting ever more desperate and determined.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-09-22 at 06:29 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 06:41 AM   #3619
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

all religion is fake. produced by man. I'll say no more.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 08:28 PM   #3620
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Easy to say, impossible to prove. I'll say no more.
Old 05-11-22, 04:22 AM   #3621
Skybird
Soaring

Its religion raising the claims. Burden of evidence is on it.
Old 08-02-22, 05:24 AM   #3622
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Ayman al-Zawahiri: Al-Qaeda leader killed in US drone strike

"The US has killed the leader of al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri, in a drone strike in Afghanistan, President Joe Biden has confirmed.
He was killed in a counter-terrorism operation carried out by the CIA in the Afghan capital Kabul on Sunday.
He and Osama Bin Laden plotted the 9/11 attacks together, and he was one of America's most wanted terrorists."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62387167

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 05:25 AM   #3623
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GOOD RIDDANCE!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 06:13 AM   #3624
Red Devil
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
GOOD RIDDANCE!!
excellent news
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 08-02-22, 07:32 AM   #3625
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Ayman al-Zawahiri: Al-Qaeda leader killed in US drone strike
I can think of some people in the UK who need taking out with a drone strike as well, and they are not religious fanatics either.
Old 08-02-22, 09:08 AM   #3626
Red Devil
The Old Man

I am not sure how I should take that, I hope its not personal.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 08-02-22, 10:21 AM   #3627
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

It wasn't meant for you Red Devil, although if you get all Woke and whatnot on me I'll gladly add you to the list of muppets who are already on it.
Old 08-02-22, 01:03 PM   #3628
Red Devil
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
It wasn't meant for you Red Devil, although if you get all Woke and whatnot on me I'll gladly add you to the list of muppets who are already on it.

ME! Woke! Wash yer mouth out!!!! I cannot stand those 'people'
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 08-02-22, 03:23 PM   #3629
Skybird
Soaring

The guy was not blown up by that Hellfire. He got shreddered.

(Its not just the Sun claiming that, other media claim it as well. I took this video because it was shorter than the others but quickly explains what the R9X is).

Its always amusing again to see howe creative the human mind becomes when itsd about new way to kill people...

Whats next? Krull?

Old 08-02-22, 03:43 PM   #3630
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

The R10X is a Secret Upgrade.
It will Dice and Slice where the R9X just shreds.

Tags
terrorism