Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-22, 12:20 AM   #16
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Regardless of what the arrested has done in the past there is no evidence of his resisting so why is the assaulting officer so worked up?

Exactly
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 12:49 AM   #17
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Regardless of what the arrested has done in the past there is no evidence of his resisting so why is the assaulting officer so worked up?
It's not about the the the person being arrested! The poster did not give us that information. It's all about what a rookie officer did .And she let her emotion's rise above her being a professional. Can you understand that ?
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 01:09 AM   #18
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
It's not about the the the person being arrested! The poster did not give us that information. It's all about what a rookie officer did .And she let her emotion's rise above her being a professional. Can you understand that ?

lol Exactly, it is not about the person being arrested, what he allegedly did, record etc are just not germane. This is about a out of control Sergeant, who attempted to abuse a citizen and then attacked another officer.

Emotions? Actually, she was calm and showed great judgment, literally living up to the creed of "To protect and serve" the public. Sergeant on the other hand, his behavior showed emotion.
Old 01-21-22, 01:32 AM   #19
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Why he was arrested, his record, etc are simply not germane. Innocent until proven guilty. Cops are not there to be a punitive arm of the legal system, that is not their function. The suspect was in custody, i.e. handcuffed in back of a patrol car, and the Sergeant was going to pepper spray him, because he wanted to, further escalating the situation by abusing a citizen who was in custody. The female officer prevented a citizen from being abused by the Sergeant, literally protected him. Seems she was calm and acted professionally, while they Sergeant was emotional, attempting to take it out on the subject in custody, then turned on her for doing her duty.

"feminine immigrants"? lol I am a Florida native and while no longer reside there, I visit often. Ongoing changes are positive, perhaps will stop being the backwater, corrupt, "Florida man" state, at some point.
Don't post another viedo without audio. She is a rook officer and if you thank her actions were correct. Then lets do an investigation on her what's her background. You see now everybody must be investigated so we know every comrades actions are true. What might we find about her? And you don't live here any more you found more dollars out of Florida. But you can afford to blow in when you want. Thumbs up to ya. We have two Florida men that you wouldn't touch .Buddy Dyer And Jerry Deming's neither one of them could build a Sim City. Submit it and win an election. They are your Backwater corrupt Florida men they pander and pay for the services you provide. Bird's of a feather flock together. You don't have to live here just visit when you get called.

Last edited by Gorpet; 01-21-22 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-21-22, 02:32 AM   #20
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, as part of the hiring process they do, but it is rarely a actual psych issue the causes the problems, or ones that are not present at time of hiring. There are no regular psych evaluations unless something happens, such as officer involved shooting. Legally, can get hairy trying to preempt things due to civil service laws, police unions, etc.

In most departments across country, pay is low, especially given the potential risks and immense power , and thus hiring standards are low.

Very few of the incidents are caused by psych issues, it is the culture. There is, and has been for a long time, a very authoritarian, "us vs. the public" , thin blue line, police are infallible, increasingly militaristic culture, driven by the "war on drugs" and "war on crime".
And the current Political Administration, driven buy their authoritarian agenda if you don't agree with their belief's you are the Enemy. Why don't we have regular psych evaluations on politician's ? Would you agree that given time
that politician's having been in office and power more than 15 yrs especially looked at? And all their family members do you not believe that these people could not develop psych issues.? After all they where regular citizens at some point in time. I agree with you all incidents in America be it by citizens or the Politician are caused by psych issues. So when do the Lobotomy's start and who do you think should be first Politician, Lawyer or Citizen ?
Old 01-21-22, 08:45 AM   #21
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Video is useless without audio.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 08:57 AM   #22
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Not my intention to copsplaine anything.

What I see is every single screen shot of the video freezes the hand of the sergeant next to the lady officers throat. Along with the obligatory media narrative that he was strangling her. Image is everything so we get the public outcry followed up with a knee jerk reaction.

But looking at the video.

I saw no abuse. If the lady saw abuse it will come out in the investigation so I’m not sure why the young lady began pulling on the sergeants belt. But I imagine there are other ways to bring abuse charges besides grabbing and pulling on someone else’s gun belt during an arrest. When the sargeant whipped around it looked to me as though he was pushing the lady. Yes initially driving towards the the throat but almost immediately moved further down towards her chest area.

I do know in my training if I felt a hand on my gun other than my own I was to swing around and drive my elbow into whoever was doing it and keep at it until they let go. Then ask questions.

Give it time they’ll figure it out but I got a feeling both are going to have the hammer dropped on’em.

Wouldn’t be something if it was found out the sargeant did nothing wrong. But the young lady freaked out and like the public didn’t have all the facts and made baseless assumptions which prompted her to grab the back of sargeant belts and drag him from the vehicle. Which in turn ticked off the sargeant. Now that would be funny.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-21-22 at 11:33 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 12:10 PM   #23
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Wouldn't it be cool if everyone stopped making up stories.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 12:28 PM   #24
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not my intention to copsplaine anything.

What I see is every single screen shot of the video freezes the hand of the sergeant next to the lady officers throat. Along with the obligatory media narrative that he was strangling her. Image is everything so we get the public outcry followed up with a knee jerk reaction.

But looking at the video.

I saw no abuse. If the lady saw abuse it will come out in the investigation so I’m not sure why the young lady began pulling on the sergeants belt. But I imagine there are other ways to bring abuse charges besides grabbing and pulling on someone else’s gun belt during an arrest. When the sargeant whipped around it looked to me as though he was pushing the lady. Yes initially driving towards the the throat but almost immediately moved further down towards her chest area.

I do know in my training if I felt a hand on my gun other than my own I was to swing around and drive my elbow into whoever was doing it and keep at it until they let go. Then ask questions.

Give it time they’ll figure it out but I got a feeling both are going to have the hammer dropped on’em.

Wouldn’t be something if it was found out the sargeant did nothing wrong. But the young lady freaked out and like the public didn’t have all the facts and made baseless assumptions which prompted her to grab the back of sargeant belts and drag him from the vehicle. Which in turn ticked off the sargeant. Now that would be funny.

You have a fair point and I should not have said "copsplaining" as your intent does seem genuine, and perhaps from your perspective as a LEO, you are sure of your view. I admit, it is a bit baffling, pretty clear what went down in the footage. Thus, my reaction is certainly not kneejerk, I've watched it many times and can see him whip out the pepper spray, go charging in, and it appears that he sprayed the restrained suspect, who was not resisting, but not sure if actually sprayed, that bit is unclear. Certainly does appear he was at minimum about to spray a handcuffed subject, which was not called for at all. Then when the female officer, following her recent training on deescalating situations, pulls the Sergeant back, he spins around, pauses a second and grabs female officer by the throat. While he did move his hand down, he kept his hand on her and pushed her back for several seconds, even though he knew it was another cop who was behind him, he committed a battery and there is no excuse for his behavior. That is where the outcry is coming from, his behavior was out of line. This is great thing about body cameras, as the Chief said "The footage speaks for itself." I look forward to when the audio is released, although I have a feeling he said some things, that will only hurt him.

The female officer is a example of cops we need, she saw something wrong and stopped it, instead of taking no action, thin blue line all of that.
Old 01-21-22, 03:32 PM   #25
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

No worries I’m not here to argue you’re wrong and I’m right, only to state my own opinion. One of which I think this is as an internal matter and our media has a responsibility too keep us informed too. But instead they seem, at least too me, to create their own contentious narrative.

Whatever the reasons, perceptions or facts are it’s obvious something went horribly wrong. The actions of both of those people need to be investigated and lessons learned.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 03:59 PM   #26
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

@Rockstar,
You are the ONE person I expected to follow the trail.
You let me down.

I'd say we need HIS body Cam along with all the other Officers on Scene.
Seems like a set up from one perspective to me at this point.
Why not his Cam? Why not all the other LEO's Cams?

And where is her Cam SHOWING his hands coming at her!
I suspect a totally edited version of visual FACTS!

Whos' Cam shows the side view near the end? That was NOT Hers!
And I find it HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS it DOES NOT SHOW HIS HANDS ON HER THROAT!
Funny how THAT part is just out of frame!

I ALSO find the link to the Youtube owner highly SUSPICIOUS!
Find the actual video released by the Police and not someone that has an agenda!

I actually thought you all were smarter then to fall for this kind of BS!
And YES Bubblehead1980! You are the idiot that posted the link!
YOU have an agenda also?

When The Freak You all gonna learn to research stuff?
This video doesn't even reach Deep Fake standards and you fall for it!
Do I have to pull out the crayons and explain Deep Fake now?

I'd suggest a complete removeal of this thread by Admin as it's tainted BS!

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 01-21-22 at 04:38 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 05:20 PM   #27
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
@Rockstar,
You are the ONE person I expected to follow the trail.
You let me down.

I'd say we need HIS body Cam along with all the other Officers on Scene.
Seems like a set up from one perspective to me at this point.
Why not his Cam? Why not all the other LEO's Cams?

And where is her Cam SHOWING his hands coming at her!
I suspect a totally edited version of visual FACTS!

Whos' Cam shows the side view near the end? That was NOT Hers!
And I find it HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS it DOES NOT SHOW HIS HANDS ON HER THROAT!
Funny how THAT part is just out of frame!

I ALSO find the link to the Youtube owner highly SUSPICIOUS!
Find the actual video released by the Police and not someone that has an agenda!

I actually thought you all were smarter then to fall for this kind of BS!
And YES Bubblehead1980! You are the idiot that posted the link!
YOU have an agenda also?

When The Freak You all gonna learn to research stuff?
This video doesn't even reach Deep Fake standards and you fall for it!
Do I have to pull out the crayons and explain Deep Fake now?

I'd suggest a complete removeal of this thread by Admin as it's tainted BS!
The police officer who allegedly assaulted the woman police officer is on desk duty pending an investigation. Apparently, there was enough evidence to put him on desk duty and get him off the street. The Police chief of both of these officers has said he is disgusted upon seeing the video. The chief is a lot closer to this situation than we are.

IA will conduct a full investigation to determine if actions including firing the police officer and a filing of charges is warranted and can be supported in court. Anything beyond that is speculation at best. I think we should all step back, curb the angst and just wait to see how this all plays out.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 05:24 PM   #28
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Another Sucker to the video posted.
Not saying it didn't happen but the video posted IS edited and suspect.

Nice to see how many actually fall for THAT YouTube channels postings.
Old 01-21-22, 05:28 PM   #29
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Another Sucker to the video posted.
Not saying it didn't happen but the video posted IS edited and suspect.

Nice to see how many actually fall for THAT YouTube channels postings.

I'm sure forensics experts will investigate to determine if the videos have been tampered with and or edited and take the appropriate action. Till then, we should just take a wait and see approach.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 06:18 PM   #30
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Wouldn't it be cool if everyone stopped making up stories.
Not going to happen mate!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote