SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-20, 12:17 AM   #1
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0
Default Red Dead Redemption 2

anyone here play it or red dead online
Old 12-01-20, 10:45 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Heard of it, heard much good of it, and red a wonderful, literaric German review about it. But thats it.

For those understanding German, a wonderful read, a review that is almost a piece of art in itself.

https://www.zeit.de/digital/games/20...omplettansicht
Old 12-01-20, 05:14 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Have it on Xbox but since I moved into my new house, have not set up yet.
Old 12-04-20, 11:56 AM   #4
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

i have it on ps4 best game story i ever seen online getting into that now
Old 12-04-20, 03:22 PM   #5
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

RDR 2 is one of the best video games ever made in my view. The characters, the graphics, the mechanics, the world building and the story arc are all of the highest order. This isn't flippant praise, but after nearly 30 years of PC gaming.

It has the best poker anywhere on PC and awesome gunplay. So many things to occupy you, from fishing, hunting, tracking down bounties to saving damsels in distress. It's authentic and ambitious.

Rockstar gets a lot of flak about certain things, but there's no doubt they have proven themselves masters of open world. I play RDR 2 and GTA 5. I have not given RDR2 Online a shot, but I do play GTAO and have a good time with it, despite it's shortcomings.

If I were to make a list of the best games I've ever played on PC, RDR 2 would be near the very top. It's epic. A masterpiece really. And this is not the sort of thing I would say freely. But RDR 2 has earned it.

Cyberpunk hopefully gives it a run for its money. We'll know in a few days.
Old 12-04-20, 05:01 PM   #6
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

I've played the story mode for RDR2 (still haven't finished it thanks to work) but have over all enjoyed it. I haven't touched RDO due to the fact it's really grindy ,full of hackers and greifers.
Old 12-04-20, 09:17 PM   #7
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

story mode i give 10/10 online portion after 4 days of playing i would have to give it the subsim fart award it is a grindfest spend all time on game grinding dont move up on levels fast they mess with dailies goldwise to make you spend money buying it grievers ran into a few but i was playing at odd hours,the new update spend 20 dollars on it or buy it with game gold and the stuff you get is what you get on the game mostly food and ammo went into a saloon drank 10 bottles of whiskey and 30 bottles of beer no effect being a John Wayne kind of guy and proud member of subsim i started a saloon fight which was fun but sure could have use some backup from subsim members guess i'm still rowdy in my older age
Old 12-05-20, 04:25 PM   #8
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

By all accounts, RDRO is a better experience than GTAO. I don't doubt it, GTAO can be a hell of a mess at times. But I still play it, and have fun with it. I'm mostly in private lobbies but do some open public stuff too. It is horrible for noobs, but once you've leveled and have some good kit it's not so bad. The private/solo lobbies allow you to level up and experience all the good stuff in GTA without the idiots who ruin it so that you can get to the point where public isn't as bad. As far as I know, there is no private lobby in RDR so I haven't given it a go. The single player is so amazing that I never really felt the need. RDR 2 is one of the best single player experiences on PC.
Old 12-05-20, 09:06 PM   #9
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

that a great thing about grand theft you can go priviate lobbies red dead all you got is devensive mode which kicks off when doing certian things you can place a bounty on another player but it only 10 cents so that dont do much good
Old 12-07-20, 09:57 AM   #10
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

There are several ways to play GTAO solo. The easiest way is to start it in either solo or invite only modes. This allows the player to do just about everything in GTAO without any other players to hack or grief or do other nefarious deeds.

The main restriction to those modes is you cannot run your businesses. For example in order to run the import/export source and sell missions you must be in public. The main challenge there is that your location is broadcast to entire server, and it is announced that you are attempting it. So if anyone wants to intercept you they have a good chance. It is not fun to have sourced a sick whip, fixed it up, painted it -- with your own money -- and then have it blown up by another player when you are driving it to the customer.

But there is a way around this too. You can suspend process for a brief time, which essentially kicks yourself out of the lobby, and you end up in a private solo 'public' server and can then conduct your business in peace.

I'm like level 125 in GTAO now. I don't mind public. But when I started it was really bad, and without these solo modes I would have given up. They allowed me to rank up in peace, get better kit, weapons, vehicles, aircraft and properties, so that now I have the gear needed to compete and survive in PvP.
Old 12-07-20, 10:10 AM   #11
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

And the point of this is, in a RDR 2 thread, that I'd probably give RDRO a go if it had the same modes.
Old 12-07-20, 08:08 PM   #12
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
And the point of this is, in a RDR 2 thread, that I'd probably give RDRO a go if it had the same modes.
go ahead give it a try so far compare to gtao hadnt been grif to bad the parley lasted i think like 10 minutes gives you pretty time to move crap can't spell tonight
Old 12-09-20, 12:50 PM   #13
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
go ahead give it a try so far compare to gtao hadnt been grif to bad the parley lasted i think like 10 minutes gives you pretty time to move crap can't spell tonight

I ran this through several language translators, and still, got nothin'
Old 12-11-20, 08:45 AM   #14
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Is the first Read Redemption worth playing, or should I jump in to the second one?
Old 12-11-20, 12:15 PM   #15
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Is the first Read Redemption worth playing, or should I jump in to the second one?
It is definitely worth playing, in the same way that Witcher 2 is worth playing. But if you were only to play one, there's no contest.

In case you were not aware, RDR 1 is console-only.

My suggestion is, while RDR 1 is a good game, to play RDR 2. Not only is it a better game than RDR 1, it's one of the best video games ever made in my opinion.

There are perhaps a few things that RDR 1 did better. Honor system maybe, depends on your perspective. But in nearly every subjective and objective way, RDR 2 is the better game and gaming experience. Your mileage may vary.