SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Ironclads
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-08, 03:00 PM   #16
GunnerGreg
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have been looking forward to this game, as ACW naval warfare is one of those areas I'm interested in, but have had little time to study.

I've played the demo three times as CSS Virginia, forcing USS Monitor to retreat each time. The results were 6% / 6% damage, 6% / 2%, and 16% / 2% (Union / Confederate).

One feature that would be nice would be to see the damage done to each ship at the end of the battle.

I found that the TBS aspect allowed very unrealistic actions. For example after I came to a stop after ramming Monitor, she passed down my starboard side, around my stern and up my port side during her turn. Of course, I was not able to fire at her at all, when in reality, seven guns would have been brought to bear at one time or another during that manuever. I was able to return the favor later, hitting Monitor with my bow gun, all three port side guns, and my stern gun and then continue past and out of Monitor's range without receiving any return fire.
GunnerGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-08, 07:27 PM   #17
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1
22 megs?

Ah well, nothing to lose
Except your dignity.
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 11:39 AM   #18
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Well, I'm trying the demo, and not being familiar with turn based games (except Outpost), I can't quite get the UI. Is there some sort of controls explanation I've missed?

Buddahaid
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 01:12 PM   #19
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Not trying to go OT but, Isn't the small mb D|L# easier on the dialup people so more will try Demo ?

Just a thought. :hmm:

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 03:16 PM   #20
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I'm downloading the demo, but even before seeing it you have one customer in me I always buy and hence support any serious effort to bring a new naval game to life; but this time I also have the sense it will be a very fun experience

Keep it coming Totem Games

P.S. I forgot: How will it be comercialized? Will we be able to buy a boxed version like the one displayed in the web? Will it be available in Spain?

Cheers
Old 08-26-08, 10:56 AM   #21
Maxim
Totem Games

http://www.totemgames.ru/Ironclads_ACW_demo_2.exe

New Demo

1. The user's guide (Game Manual) to be in a folder from a demo. It is a file in format PDF.

2. You are right. Not in all countries the Internet is developed equally well. We try to make game accessible to all.

3. The English version of game can be purchased in Spain only through the Internet. We did not receive offers on translation of game on Spanish.

Totem Games

Last edited by Maxim; 08-26-08 at 11:09 AM.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 10:24 PM   #22
Ilpalazzo
Frogman

Downloads: 20

Hey, this demo is much better than the last one. I felt this demo really gave me a feel for the game and it is much more interesting with more ships involved

I have one fairly bad problem with the demo though. There is a bug I seem to get every time I play. At some point, an AI ship will get stuck in some sort of loop and never end it's turn. It will not move, but rather sit there and I must close the game's running process to stop it. I was very patient for quite some time, but it is apparent that this is a bug and the AI will not execute it's action. I'm uncertain as to what causes this. It seems that when I have a ship in front of an AI ship, this bug is likely to occur. As though I'm blocking it and it doesn't know what to do. I have been unable to finish the demo because of this problem. I suppose I could try not to get in front of the AI...

Apart from that bug, this is much better than the first demo.

"3. The English version of game can be purchased in Spain only through the Internet. We did not receive offers on translation of game on Spanish."

Any info on who the English version of the game may be purchased from?

On the TotemGames.ru website there does not seem to be any other projects. Is Ironclads their first game? Just curious.
Ilpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-08, 02:01 AM   #23
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

I agree that the new demo is much better than the last one, but I found that bug with the AI really annoying, hopefully that will be fixed when the full game comes out
Old 08-28-08, 02:37 AM   #24
Maxim
Totem Games

1. We shall correct errors up to release of game.

2. Help us to relieve game of this bug. If at you the same problem send us please two files: "dxdiag" and "TotemLog".

dxdiag - computer diagnostic file. To get the file, follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Windows «Start» button;
2. Click on «Run»;
3. Type the following: dxdiag, then hit enter;
4. Save result in a separate file and pack this file in ZIP archive;
5. Attach the file to your email.

In a folder from a demo file TotemLog (for example C: \Program Files \Ironclads - American Civil War Demo 2 \TotemLog.log) is located. Attach the file to your email.

3. Now it will be known that the English version to be on sale through the Internet. About sales on disks there are negotiations.

4. It is first our game.

Totem Games
support@totemgames.ru
Old 08-28-08, 08:51 AM   #25
Maxim
Totem Games

The bug is corrected. The updated version of a demo here:

http://www.totemgames.ru/Ironclads_ACW_demo_2.exe

Excuse for inconveniences.
Totem Games
Old 08-29-08, 10:38 AM   #26
Dutch
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19

Apparently I am the only one here that has crashes every time I try to play the game.

I can't even play with the US side, but with the CSA I can move 2-3 ships before it randomly crashes, either by me hitting move and crashing right after load. Any ideas on this? Looks to be an intresting game, I like the idea of surface combat and it looks like it would be fun. But again I can't seem to play it. I'm looking to see if I've done anything wrong. I am going to uninstall and re-download then reinstall to make sure.
Old 08-30-08, 12:36 AM   #27
Ilpalazzo
Frogman

Downloads: 20

Nice, the AI no longer locks up the game. I had much fun

However, around 27-28 turns into it, the enemy had two ships left and the game unexpectedly closed itself.

The end of the TotemLog states;

EXCEPTION : 0x 4841ce
Ilpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-08, 12:52 AM   #28
Maxim
Totem Games

I ask to pay attention, that game should not work on operational system Windows Vista at all. It is written in system requirements.

Now we work above this problem. We hope with your help it to solve.

Thanks all who has sent us files with the indication on an error.

BR,
Totem Games
Old 08-30-08, 12:57 AM   #29
Maxim
Totem Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm looking to see if I've done anything wrong.
You have made all correctly. Excuse for the caused inconveniences. We do all that we can to correct it a bug.

Totem Games
Old 08-30-08, 12:14 PM   #30
Dutch
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19

Oh wow I had no idea a dev was in here! It no problem at all no need to apologize. Any software is going to have its problems and glitches but from what I have been able to play I am very excited about this game.

You guys keep up the good work don't let a couple of bugs get you down, most of us understand how it is. Thank you for you quick response! I just received an email from you guys this morning, I hope it helps you guys.