SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-09, 03:53 PM   #1
johnlax
Navy Dude

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default Question

Does the game cover 1914-1918? I can not find a review that touches on that subject. Are damaged ships assessed an amount of time for repair depending on how much damage and which port they limp back to. Do both sides have mulitable ports to work from. If anyone can point me to a review that covers this stuff it would be appreicated
Thanks
johnlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 05:20 PM   #2
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlax
Does the game cover 1914-1918? I can not find a review that touches on that subject. Are damaged ships assessed an amount of time for repair depending on how much damage and which port they limp back to. Do both sides have mulitable ports to work from. If anyone can point me to a review that covers this stuff it would be appreicated
Thanks
The game covers 1916, repair time in port does depend on the amount of damage, though I don't think which port they're in matters (Ports have a tonnage limit to restrict bigger ships from docking in small ones though), and I have no idea what you mean but mulitable ports...
Old 02-28-09, 05:24 PM   #3
Zakalwe
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

Hi,

there are two versions of the game, the standards version campaign only covers May 1916, the pro version lets you play the whole year of 1916 (plus it has the battle editor and the abillity to play user made scenarios). Onyl ships present in 1916 in the North Sea are in the game, so f.e. no German AC.

The ports have a maximum of tonnage they can support, so you can`t f.e. enter any port with your whole mainfleet.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 05:48 PM   #4
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlax
If anyone can point me to a review that covers this stuff it would be appreicated
Thanks for your interest. I see others have already answered most of your questions so I'll take the other one.

There's a review here at SubSim--there's a sticky thread to it in this very forum. Just don't take the water color in its screenshots as representative. The game has sliders to let you change all the colors and lighting effects, and the reviewer likes his water bright blue. Check out the screenshots sticky thread in this forum for more realistic (IMHO) water .

There's also a review at GameSquad: http://<a href="mhtml:{B5BD0EFE-0675...nt></font></a>

Finally, the paper version of Armchair General's March edition has a review, too.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote