Old 09-02-20, 02:47 AM   #61
meetnick
Swabbie

Downloads: 91
Uploads: 0
Default Different sub sim warfare game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
These are all reasonable questions guys!
But let me make a proper introduction to our studio first.
We are professionals in the corporate environment both on IT and Software Development sectors with 25years experience.
We are also the creators of the FlatUniverse multiplayer space shooter that is being used as a testbed for many technologies that we are going to use on a project like this (networking, sensors, ai, graphics, data serialization etc).

We are the MaslasBros and that is what we propose...

Modern Naval Warfare

Pardon me for my uninvited input. How about a sub game where new ideas of weapons and ships can be made whereas you can build your own super weapons (like a store) from hit points (up grades) and futuristic ships/subs, something like tom clancy's modern warfare where they have weapons in theory could be real like deploying drones from the sub, deploying drone subs, deploy sound/sonar bouyes, if you sink a sub you can send out seals to recover intel and steel their weapons, you can deploy seals into a port and retrieve seals they bring back secrete weapons deploy them onto ships ect, But you can have allies to trade with, you can command a team of different subs, and jump from one to the other they can go on missions autonomously. But creating new technology would be great like making your sub like a shkval torpedo you can sprint 10 miles or so to get away from an area have a sub that uses pump drive like a jet ski.. well a game where you can build as you go along...
meetnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 08:52 PM   #62
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetnick View Post
Pardon me for my uninvited input. How about a sub game where new ideas of weapons and ships can be made whereas you can build your own super weapons (like a store) from hit points (up grades) and futuristic ships/subs, something like tom clancy's modern warfare where they have weapons in theory could be real like deploying drones from the sub, deploying drone subs, deploy sound/sonar bouyes, if you sink a sub you can send out seals to recover intel and steel their weapons, you can deploy seals into a port and retrieve seals they bring back secrete weapons deploy them onto ships ect, But you can have allies to trade with, you can command a team of different subs, and jump from one to the other they can go on missions autonomously. But creating new technology would be great like making your sub like a shkval torpedo you can sprint 10 miles or so to get away from an area have a sub that uses pump drive like a jet ski.. well a game where you can build as you go along...

Quote:
Pardon me for my uninvited input...

Welcome, there's no need for special invitations on this thread.
Just speak your mind...

Quote:
How about a sub game where new ideas of weapons and ships can be made whereas...
That sounds fantastic as an idea for, just as you proposed, a "UBI" Tom Clancy's game product. We would seriously consider it if we were aiming for a science fiction product. Down to earth but still science fiction.
Personally, I strongly believe that the market misses a classic modern sub simulator right now and this is what we are proposing.
Beyond that barrier, I like your thoughts and ideas and thanks for giving your time on expressing them because you never know what the future brings.

Old 09-09-20, 02:13 PM   #63
maslas
MNW Dev

Things are moving forward to our development and the team allowed me to give you this little gift.

MNW...

...vs Reality

Old 09-13-20, 06:51 AM   #64
stormrider_sp
Planesman

Downloads: 51

Oh yes!
Will it be another external 3d view, or our old favorite "cockpit view" submarine game? Will it support VR?
Old 09-14-20, 01:07 AM   #65
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider_sp View Post
Oh yes!
Will it be another external 3d view, or our old favorite "cockpit view" submarine game? Will it support VR?

No external 3d views, this is a real simulator. You will be a able to see outside from periscopes(optronic masts) or from the watch.

We have the knowledge and our game engine can support VR but we do not think it is a good feature gameplay wise for the genre except on some very specific situations maybe.
For the time being the answer is negative.
Old 09-14-20, 09:29 AM   #66
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

Quote:
No external 3d views, this is a real simulator. You will be a able to see outside from periscopes(optronic masts) or from the watch.

We have the knowledge and our game engine can support VR but we do not think it is a good feature gameplay wise for the genre except on some very specific situations maybe.
I think you need to have both views
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 10:45 AM   #67
stormrider_sp
Planesman

Quote:

Thank you very much. Count me in!
Old 09-15-20, 11:55 AM   #68
jaop99
Loader

Downloads: 25

The pics and render looks amazing! good job guys!
jaop99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 03:40 AM   #69
stormrider_sp
Planesman

How are you guys going to implement the sonar modeling?

Have you thought about using new technologies like ray tracing?
http://liu.diva-portal.org/smash/get...FULLTEXT01.pdf

Or perhaps open source underwater acoustics models. I remember studying a paper on this a few years ago.

Edit: https://oalib-acoustics.org/Rays/USM...frontpage.html
Old 09-22-20, 10:00 AM   #70
jaop99
Loader

Quote:

Or perhaps open source underwater acoustics models. I remember studying a paper on this a few years ago.

I think they should hire Jive Turkey, is was a sonarman in a real sub and knows a lot about that!, using declassified info of course

Old 09-28-20, 01:38 PM   #71
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
I think you need to have both views

This is under consideration with the idea that the external view of the opponent will only show the predicted position and not the real one...

and that on lower realism setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaop99 View Post
The pics and render looks amazing! good job guys!

Thank you very much!

Quote:

As we have stated in the past, sound propagation is one of the most demanding features on this project. We've seen this library that is using one ray-tracing algorithm and although it is written in C++, we have serious doubts about it's performance since in our situation we are dealing with many real-time factors.
For the same matter we are investigating two roads one of the two is ray-tracing but powered by the GPU. But please keep in mind that the point on a good simulator is an authentic feeling and result and not just an interesting technology behind it.

We walk carefully on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaop99 View Post
I think they should hire Jive Turkey, is was a sonarman in a real sub and knows a lot about that!, using declassified info of course

Of course we have watched all of his videos, he is doing a very interesting job and when things will become a little more clear on how this project will actually progress we are aiming to get in contact with him.
Old 09-28-20, 05:27 PM   #72
Badger343rd
Loader

This needs clarification, I'm thinking in terms of what you would see in Dangerous Waters or DCS. It's more of a cinemagraphic context.similar to what we see in the Silent Hunter series not the Tactical in cold Waters.People like to admire their own ship or look at the enemy vessel.I think you understand what I'm talking about.A weapon to target view is the money shot in sim's as well.The external view in Cold Waters is greatly appreciated for ambiance(I use the muddy water mod so its not a tactical crutch)
Old 10-05-20, 01:30 AM   #73
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
This needs clarification, I'm thinking in terms of what you would see in Dangerous Waters or DCS. It's more of a cinemagraphic context.similar to what we see in the Silent Hunter series not the Tactical in cold Waters.People like to admire their own ship or look at the enemy vessel.I think you understand what I'm talking about.A weapon to target view is the money shot in sim's as well.The external view in Cold Waters is greatly appreciated for ambiance(I use the muddy water mod so its not a tactical crutch)

Well we have some features regarding the ambience and movie like tecno-thriller feeling that trust me it will make you very happy
And I am not talking about the screenshots that follow. They are just a small development gift.

Reality...

... MNW

Old 10-06-20, 11:24 AM   #74
jaop99
Loader

Terrific!!!, what are you using UNREAL ENGINE 4? Unity?

I prefer UE4, the new contract is better than the old one, you start to pay only 5% when reach 1 million USD sold.

Old 10-06-20, 12:47 PM   #75
Badger343rd
Loader

Quote:
Well we have some features regarding the ambience and movie like tecno-thriller feeling that trust me it will make you very happy
How about showing us an example of this???

Tags
dangerous waters, modern naval, modern sub