SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-20, 09:36 PM   #316
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by succerpunch View Post
A program that just does the file editing for you because that is the most difficult part for me. Also how come I cannot get equipment upgrades. When I fixed my turm upgrade issue, I had BOLD 1 and a upgraded Hydrophone that I did not have access to before. How does one unlock equipment upgrades and how does one get a new sub, I have been getting medals for every patrol but the game wont give me a new sub yet. It is the middle of 1942 btw.
The new equipment comes by date usually. Some mods have it to where you can "buy" them early for renown points, but not all do. You also have to be at a location that has the equipment "available". I cannot remember for certain where the "center" of availability is on the German side, but Kiel sticks in my mind. The equipment emanates from there and flows outward, such that if something is available on June 1, 1943, that means at Kiel, while it might be August in Norway and France. A caveat for the equipment availability is that you have to have a proper "mounting" point for it on your submarine. So a radar that needs a particular mast that is not available on a VIIB will never show there. However, the VIIC might have the proper mast, and you get the radar. I do not recall if that example is the case in OM or Dark Waters, but the principle applies. Lastly, OM does not have boat upgrades until you qualify for a Walthers. There are no "steps" through the boats in OM other than that, which carries into Dark Waters.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 07:02 AM   #317
succerpunch
Torpedoman

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 0

Is it possible to make it so you can get boat upgrades from a VIIB to a VIIC etc...
Old 04-07-20, 06:10 PM   #318
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Downloaded and using this mod for a little while and have a couple of questions.

1st question: when selecting a Type II boat (September 1939), it shows as having the GHG, but when submerged, I can't detect anything, it seems if it is too rough. I hear ownship at 180 degrees, but am not hearing anything else either at the hydrophone station, or with hydro-lines on the nav map. Conditions at the time were rough seas, wind speed 15 m/s and visual targets about 6500 meters away at around 290 degrees relative. Is this expected behavior?

2nd question - how much traffic should I expect to find? Other than in homeport and transiting in friendly waters, there doesn't seem to be much at all. In my first patrol, I saw a single merchant while in the dover strait (couldn't stalk it since it was too shallow to pursue while submerged). 2nd patrol, two small steam trawlers (the above-mentioned targets not detectable via GHG) in AM55, and 2 aircraft. Saw nothing in the Skaggerak on the return to Kiel. Max TC while patrolling was 128.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 01:19 AM   #319
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

You may have to dive deeper when 15m/s on surface to hear something.
Nevertheless it is known that in OM, if the ship is going very slow, nothing can be heard in hydrophone (but hydro man can hear it).

As for traffic, i never had problem finding ships everywhere. Maybe not as much as in LSH3 for instance...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-20, 09:38 AM   #320
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
You may have to dive deeper when 15m/s on surface to hear something.
Nevertheless it is known that in OM, if the ship is going very slow, nothing can be heard in hydrophone (but hydro man can hear it).

As for traffic, i never had problem finding ships everywhere. Maybe not as much as in LSH3 for instance...
Ok. I can always go deeper.

As to traffic - maybe instead of x128, I can try x32 TC.
Old 04-08-20, 09:41 AM   #321
propbeanie

Had you emptied the Save folder prior to playing Dark Waters, 3catcircus?

Old 04-08-20, 11:05 AM   #322
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Had you emptied the Save folder prior to playing Dark Waters, 3catcircus?

I have multiple SH4 installs using MultiSH4, so the save folder for Dark Waters is separate than the one I have for FOTRSU (and separate than the one I have for WDAD)...

Hanging out in the area up around Inverness (October 1939) I managed to find one warship on the hydrophones headed NE (that I was too far away to chase, being daytime submerged), and a single merchant on its way in that I managed to sink.
Old 04-08-20, 12:00 PM   #323
propbeanie

Early in the war, the traffic is generally light, due to the vagaries of an RGG spawn. I was going to take some of the early "layer" files groups, convert them to scripted, and start them with an "Evolve from entry date" thingie... That way, you would have some singles out roaming around, as would be expected early. They would die-out at termination, and give way to the regular layer files... It will be a while before we get to that though, and would be dependent upon Fifi's "free" time - and if I don't forget about this again ...

Old 04-08-20, 02:57 PM   #324
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Early in the war, the traffic is generally light, due to the vagaries of an RGG spawn. I was going to take some of the early "layer" files groups, convert them to scripted, and start them with an "Evolve from entry date" thingie... That way, you would have some singles out roaming around, as would be expected early. They would die-out at termination, and give way to the regular layer files... It will be a while before we get to that though, and would be dependent upon Fifi's "free" time - and if I don't forget about this again ...

No worries - if that's what it is supposed to do, I'm good with it.
Old 04-18-20, 05:40 PM   #325
burki
Watch

Downloads: 121

Are you planning on modifying the player's crew ai sight map contact updating through the periscope when under water because even under decent conditions (ie not total fog) and during the day. I still have to get somewhat close even though I can see it clearly myself when my crew still havent been able to see it.
burki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 04:33 AM   #326
sonicninja
Watch Officer

Downloads: 936
Default Outstanding

I just wanted to say that I love this mod, i tried SH4 many years ago and just couldn't take to it but after finding this mod on Youtube during the lockdown period i love it.

Well done to Fifi and anyone else involved in making this mod you really are a gifted bunch of talented modders.

Stay Safe
sonicninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 09:44 PM   #327
_rtndrs_
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi! I love this mod, especially the sounds, and the interiors, but I just wanted to report 2 bugs, that I encountered.

Type IXD2 has a little texture bug.

In the Lorient harbor, my submarine (IXD2) is shaking, and it won't move, unless im using time compression. (I think it's an OM bug, but I'm not sure.)

Anyhow, It's a great mod and I appreciate your work!
Old 05-01-20, 09:49 PM   #328
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard! Ni mi

_rtndrs_,

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 12:57 AM   #329
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicninja View Post
I just wanted to say that I love this mod, i tried SH4 many years ago and just couldn't take to it but after finding this mod on Youtube during the lockdown period i love it.

Well done to Fifi and anyone else involved in making this mod you really are a gifted bunch of talented modders.

Stay Safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by _rtndrs_ View Post
Hi! I love this mod, especially the sounds, and the interiors, but I just wanted to report 2 bugs, that I encountered.

Type IXD2 has a little texture bug.

In the Lorient harbor, my submarine (IXD2) is shaking, and it won't move, unless im using time compression. (I think it's an OM bug, but I'm not sure.)

Anyhow, It's a great mod and I appreciate your work!
Thank you both for your kind words

Never heard about this IX D2 issue...
Did you try to exit and reload save? Still there?
Have you installed the LAA (Large Adress Aware) application for more RAM?
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 02:57 AM   #330
_rtndrs_
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
_rtndrs_,
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Thank you both for your kind words

Never heard about this IX D2 issue...
Did you try to exit and reload save? Still there?
Have you installed the LAA (Large Adress Aware) application for more RAM?
Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I have installed LAA, gave the sh4.exe more than 2 GB. I tried to save, reload. Tried the submarine in different campaigns, still have this little bug. Maybe it's just for me only? Other submarines I have tried, dont have any kind of issue. I did the tweaks in the profile inspector, the Nvida control panel, and in the game.

About the shaking sub bug, i tried it out in "stock" OM, and it's still there.

Thank you in advance!