SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #871
rschilla
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 36
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default

Understood, M/M. There is a library directory in data and that is what I thought you meant. I'll check it out!



I will say that I have implemented the suggestions on the options and other things that people have suggested and late last night I was able to start a simple career with the realism options turned down and sail around for a while.


In April of 1940, sent my boat through the English Channel from Wilhelmshaven towards Dover and only ran across one small warship and one Blenheim light bomber. Fairly light activity considering they had been at war for 9 months by then!


I'll see what today brings but I do want to express my appreciation to everyone who has been so helpful to a Newbie!
rschilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #872
KaleunMarco
Sea Lord
 
KaleunMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 324
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschilla View Post
Understood, M/M. There is a library directory in data and that is what I thought you meant. I'll check it out!



I will say that I have implemented the suggestions on the options and other things that people have suggested and late last night I was able to start a simple career with the realism options turned down and sail around for a while.


In April of 1940, sent my boat through the English Channel from Wilhelmshaven towards Dover and only ran across one small warship and one Blenheim light bomber. Fairly light activity considering they had been at war for 9 months by then!


I'll see what today brings but I do want to express my appreciation to everyone who has been so helpful to a Newbie!
you are welcome!

word of advice: stay out of the English Channel, if you value your boat and crew.
__________________
there are only two things in the world: submarines and targets.
Fortiter et stabilis et fidelis, semper


------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #873
Mad Mardigan
Seasoned Skipper
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 741
Downloads: 264
Uploads: 0


SHO Re: Assistance in getting running...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschilla View Post
Understood, M/M. There is a library directory in data and that is what I thought you meant. I'll check it out!



I will say that I have implemented the suggestions on the options and other things that people have suggested and late last night I was able to start a simple career with the realism options turned down and sail around for a while.


In April of 1940, sent my boat through the English Channel from Wilhelmshaven towards Dover and only ran across one small warship and one Blenheim light bomber. Fairly light activity considering they had been at war for 9 months by then!


I'll see what today brings but I do want to express my appreciation to everyone who has been so helpful to a Newbie!
Ahoy, rschilla...

No sweat & hopefully with all that info, were successful in getting rolling on skippering a uboat...

From your last post, am going to say that would be a yes...

Yeah, am gonna go with KaleunMarco on the suggestion of avoidance of travel through the English channel.

In the 1st... preceding 3-4 months... can skirt through there... but after that.. I would NOT recommend further travel through there. Not sure of the exact timing of it, but... between the English & the French.. before they were blitzkreiged into the Reichmarche (think I got that spelled right... basically, swallowed up by Germany, so as to make it where they had more access to the Atlantic & not have to sail 1/2 way round to engage in the war.. ) the channel got mined & with them knowing just where they had them placed. When France got swallowed up, by Germany.. the Brits, planted a ton of them further out to replace what the French had dropped prior to their 'capture' as it were, by Germany.

Any way, main point is.. forgo travel through the channel.. if you want to keep your uboat & not end up a casualty early on in the war...

As always...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde

M. M.

__________________
Mad Mardigan is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:16 AM   #874
rschilla
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 36
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default

Success, gentlemen.


Nice target selections when you find a convoy and it runs fairly smoothly. Some nice explosions when you hit a ship, too. Map is different but I'll adjust to it.


I did find the messageGE file and delete most of the dumbass historical messages which simply interrupt the flow of the game to no apparent point. I also turned off the voice chatter since I don't speak German and it was just an annoyance. The convoy intercept radiograms in French are easier to decipher!


Again, my sincere appreciation to everyone who offered advice. This thing looks like it will be a lot of fun.


rschilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:57 PM   #875
sisifos
Nub
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello guys! I recently downloaded and installed Dark Waters mod v6. All seems to work ok except I cant display the RAOFB disc in the attack periscope.
I click on the icon at the top of the periscope (right side of the bearing) but nothing happen. In contrary the stadimeter icon works fine when I have a ship locked.
I have activated in JSME the OM_UJagd mod and the OM_Stock_RAOFB_UJagd as last one.

Any help?
sisifos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:16 PM   #876
KaleunMarco
Sea Lord
 
KaleunMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 324
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisifos View Post
Hello guys! I recently downloaded and installed Dark Waters mod v6. All seems to work ok except I cant display the RAOFB disc in the attack periscope.
I click on the icon at the top of the periscope (right side of the bearing) but nothing happen. In contrary the stadimeter icon works fine when I have a ship locked.
I have activated in JSME the OM_UJagd mod and the OM_Stock_RAOFB_UJagd as last one.

Any help?
welcome, sisfos.

send your JSGME config anyway. Tasks-Export List-To Clipboard

also, are you using Manual Targeting or Auto Targeting?
__________________
there are only two things in the world: submarines and targets.
Fortiter et stabilis et fidelis, semper


------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:27 AM   #877
sisifos
Nub
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
welcome, sisfos.

send your JSGME config anyway. Tasks-Export List-To Clipboard

also, are you using Manual Targeting or Auto Targeting?
The Targeting mode thing did the trick! I always activated the manual targeting mode from the main menu options but I missed to check the gameplay options from the cabinet when I started a new campaign. When I checked from there, the manual targeting was unchecked although I have it checked from the main menu options. Activated from there, solve the problem with RAOBF.

Thanks you very much KaleunMarco!!

sisifos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:11 PM   #878
rschilla
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 36
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default

Anyone know how to say "passing thermal layer" in German?
rschilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #879
KaleunMarco
Sea Lord
 
KaleunMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 324
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschilla View Post
Anyone know how to say "passing thermal layer" in German?
LOL. i had the same question years ago.
i resolved the issue by replacing the German speech clip with the English speech clip from SH4 Stock version.

e' voila.

__________________
there are only two things in the world: submarines and targets.
Fortiter et stabilis et fidelis, semper


------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #880
rschilla
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 36
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default

I had to shut off a lot of the Voice stuff because there are only so many times I can hear "Jawohl Herr Kaleun" in one patrol!


I'll look around for that speech clip.
rschilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:31 PM   #881
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 7,166
Downloads: 361
Uploads: 1


Default

That particular phrase, like "Sir, yes sir!" on the English language side are ogg vorbis files in the Data / Sound / Speech folders - nine of them - with potentially 3 or more crewmen saying it, in several iterations of whisper, normal and shout... quite an undertaking. What CaptScurvy did in FotRSU was he "padded" those particular files with several seconds of blank audio file to either end of the phrase, and that eliminated the constant repeating. Now, usually speaking (sorry, bad pun), we only hear the one statement. But sometimes, we hear none... it all depends upon how "busy" the audio background is... As for "Passing thermal layer", that is a wav file in the root sound folder. One voice. The guy is up 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, except leap year, when it is 366 days. He never sleeps, and is always at the ready... so long as you are at 1x TC...
__________________

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:19 PM   #882
KaleunMarco
Sea Lord
 
KaleunMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 324
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschilla View Post
I had to shut off a lot of the Voice stuff because there are only so many times I can hear "Jawohl Herr Kaleun" in one patrol!


I'll look around for that speech clip.
it's in the Stock installation that you overwrote with DW via JSGME.
browse to your counterpart folder:

C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\MODS\!BACKUP\Data\Sound\

look for Submarine_passing_thermal_layer_INT.wav.1 Dark Waters V6
COPY it to a temporary folder.
Rename it by deleting all of the characters after .wav
This will return it to its rightful name as a WAV.
then copy or move it to the game location:

C:\Ubisoft\OpMonsun\Data\Sound

e' voila.
__________________
there are only two things in the world: submarines and targets.
Fortiter et stabilis et fidelis, semper


------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #883
RandomSubRat
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 7
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello commanders! Once again i need your advice. It's 21 april 1941, me and my IID Uboot are stationed in Bergen (1st flotilla). After returning from the patrol i was given new conning tower and now i dont have the radio room (it's displayed above the damage control in crew screen but i can't place any crew there) and hydrophone (literally no hydrophone on upgrades screen). Additionally when i load next patrol i cannot move (i can set speed but my crew say that they "Cannot comply!") At the moment i'm totally stuck just outside Bergen waiting for a Sunderland to send me to the bottom. I'm running basic Dark Waters without any additional mods. Is there any way to fix it?
RandomSubRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:32 PM   #884
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 21,002
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default Welcome aboard!

RandomSubRat! & RussianDude!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #885
KaleunMarco
Sea Lord
 
KaleunMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,912
Downloads: 324
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomSubRat View Post
Hello commanders! Once again i need your advice. It's 21 april 1941, me and my IID Uboot are stationed in Bergen (1st flotilla). After returning from the patrol i was given new conning tower and now i dont have the radio room (it's displayed above the damage control in crew screen but i can't place any crew there) and hydrophone (literally no hydrophone on upgrades screen). Additionally when i load next patrol i cannot move (i can set speed but my crew say that they "Cannot comply!") At the moment i'm totally stuck just outside Bergen waiting for a Sunderland to send me to the bottom. I'm running basic Dark Waters without any additional mods. Is there any way to fix it?
welcome Randomsubrat.
it looks/sounds/feels like a configuration issue.
please send your mod list from JSGME (Tasks-Export-To Clipboard).

__________________
there are only two things in the world: submarines and targets.
Fortiter et stabilis et fidelis, semper


------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.