SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-21, 01:59 PM   #2476
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Hi Propbeanie, I couldn't reply directly to your post above regarding the corvette, type unknown. In fact, we did not attack it at all; we ignored it as completely as it ignored us.

The map indicated it was moving slowly, but as we did not check its position over time, it could have been stationary after the torpedo attack on the merchant.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 02:26 PM   #2477
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 244

since when did this mod become the big cheese? it was always Real fleet boat vs TMO

at least it was not that long ago
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 02:50 PM   #2478
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Fixed for next release - good find.
More for the List.
it appears as if someone forgot to check dates before propagating....
well, as they say on The South Side: Na Na Na Boo Boo.

Flotillas.UPC
[Flotilla 3.UserPlayerUnitType 4.Objective 6]
ID= BR4Obj6
NameDisplayable= Molucca Sea
AvailabilityInterval=1944-04-01, 1944-06-31
ObjectiveCode= Molucca Sea

[Flotilla 8.UserPlayerUnitType 4.Objective 6]
ID= FI4Obj6

[Flotilla 9.UserPlayerUnitType 4.Objective 6]
ID= MB4Obj6

[Flotilla 11.UserPlayerUnitType 4.Objective 6]
ID= MII4Obj6

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 10:11 AM   #2479
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Oh my gosh! The "Curse of 31 Days in a 30 Day Month" (COTDIATDM) has struck again! This is what I get for using copy and paste without reviewing the original text!... lol - Thankfully, it is a benign condition in this case, but we have already performed surgery and exorcised the mass from the patient with no ill side-effect!... Thanks for the keen eye good sir!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 11:31 AM   #2480
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
since when did this mod become the big cheese? it was always Real fleet boat vs TMO

at least it was not that long ago
To bluntly answer your question, Real Fleet Boat and Trigger Maru Overhauled have had their modifications ending years ago. Little has been done to them after their "creators" left the market. TMO's sole creator Ducimus left for parts unknown (after at least a half dozen attempts ). The latest modders for RFB (which I was one) did so years ago too.

Thanks to propbeanie, and s7rikeback this mod has new life being pumped into it daily......which can't be said of most other "Mega Mods" to this nearly 14 year old game!

My hat's off to them for their work and continued support of the SubSim Community!!

Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 01:12 PM   #2481
propbeanie

CapnScurvy!!!

How is the slightly used vehicle doing? Have you found all of the parts for it yet? Any pix? lol - Good to "see" you! Happy New Year to you and your family also!

Old 01-04-21, 01:47 PM   #2482
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
To bluntly answer your question, Real Fleet Boat and Trigger Maru Overhauled have had their modifications ending years ago. Little has been done to them after their "creators" left the market. TMO's sole creator Ducimus left for parts unknown (after at least a half dozen attempts ). The latest modders for RFB (which I was one) did so years ago too.

Thanks to propbeanie, and s7rikeback this mod has new life being pumped into it daily......which can't be said of most other "Mega Mods" to this nearly 14 year old game!

My hat's off to them for their work and continued support of the SubSim Community!!

Hello CapnScurvy,

How the devil are you ?
how's the "other" hobby going? You finished yet ?
Old 01-04-21, 03:28 PM   #2483
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Cap'n Scurvy is it really 2012?

Just saw your post, had to check what page I was on in this thread!
Brought a smile to this old face.
The very best to you for this new year, as you and the FotRSU team have certainly brought many hours of pleasure to me playing this mod.

Duh and then I go and mis-type the title, 2012, permit me to change that to 2021
Old 01-04-21, 06:16 PM   #2484
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Hello all......yes it's been a while! I'm fine, staying close to home and ducking the virus like most people. Looking forward to the vaccine when it comes. I'm not going to "hijack'" this thread so I'll be brief. As propbeanie pointed out, I've had other interests since getting away from the computer. One being a restoration of a 1934 Ford Victoria (a project I've long wanted to do). Between building up my shop with necessary tools (drill press; handmade 50 ton press; mig welder; numerous hand tools specific to this cars repair etc.) plus having a learning curve in working on these kinds of automobiles (no repair manuals on these older cars, Ford expected you to bring it in for them to work on).

I've taken the original car I bought:

and turned it into this:

Yep, it's down to the frame! I'm replacing rivets as needed, and already had it straightened. Sandblasting/painting will be next before rebuilding the components. Most of the undercarriage (springs, shocks, brakes) have needed to be replaced/repaired. Frankly, even though the initial picture "looked good", it was in terrible shape..... I'd call it a "death trap" after looking into it. Engine is good, but I'll still need to rebuild. Here's a few more pictures:

That large square hole on the back is where the trunk lid goes. The Ford Victoria was the first Ford to have a trunk (a place to store things). The Model A Victoria didn't have a lid. You had to pull forward the rear seat back to get to the storage space. 33-34 Ford Victoria's had trunks accessible from outside the car. After the 34 Victoria, all other Ford model years had outside opening trunks. The Victoria ran for only five years 30-34. The name was used again during the Fifty's by Ford on specific models. Once again later as their top-of-the-line Crown Victoria.

The body is sitting on a boat frame I had that has a makeshift auto frame on it, ready for me to have it chemically dipped. This will strip off 4 layers of lacquer paint and rust before starting the actual body work. Doors and fenders are already cleaned, ready for their next phase. You'd think I would have been further along than this, BUT, what else do I have to do?!?

Again, sorry for this post. I just couldn't help myself in responding to a valid question as to why FOTRSU has become popular.

The continued hard work of guys like propbeanie and s7rikeback is the only answer!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 01-04-21 at 06:37 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 06:37 PM   #2485
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

CapnScurvy! Good to see u did'nt "give up the ship"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 07:29 PM   #2486
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Hi Propbeanie, I couldn't reply directly to your post above regarding the corvette, type unknown. In fact, we did not attack it at all; we ignored it as completely as it ignored us.

The map indicated it was moving slowly, but as we did not check its position over time, it could have been stationary after the torpedo attack on the merchant.
AFAIK the only corvette type in FotRS:UE is the Corvette Subchaser class, which I mentioned in my post above. At least, it's the only thing I ever run into with Corvette in its name.

FWIW, I am out on my 2nd patrol and have had some dud torps since the last post. Even a full sub-load of fish isn't necessarily a useful sample size.

So far they are the expected type of duds: either the magnetic influence fuse simply doesn't work (or maybe the torp ran too deep), or the contact fuse doesn't work.
Old 01-04-21, 07:45 PM   #2487
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Ahoy, CapnScurvy!!!

Quote:
Hello all......yes it's been a while! I'm fine, staying close to home and ducking the virus like most people. Looking forward to the vaccine when it comes. I'm not going to "hijack'" this thread so I'll be brief. As propbeanie pointed out, I've had other interests since getting away from the computer. One being a restoration of a 1934 Ford Victoria (a project I've long wanted to do). Between building up my shop with necessary tools (drill press; handmade 50 ton press; mig welder; numerous hand tools specific to this cars repair etc.) plus having a learning curve in working on these kinds of automobiles (no repair manuals on these older cars, Ford expected you to bring it in for them to work on).

I've taken the original car I bought:

and turned it into this:

Yep, it's down to the frame! I'm replacing rivets as needed, and already had it straightened. Sandblasting/painting will be next before rebuilding the components. Most of the undercarriage (springs, shocks, brakes) have needed to be replaced/repaired. Frankly, even though the initial picture "looked good", it was in terrible shape..... I'd call it a "death trap" after looking into it. Engine is good, but I'll still need to rebuild. Here's a few more pictures:

That large square hole on the back is where the trunk lid goes. The Ford Victoria was the first Ford to have a trunk (a place to store things). The Model A Victoria didn't have a lid. You had to pull forward the rear seat back to get to the storage space. 33-34 Ford Victoria's had trunks accessible from outside the car. After the 34 Victoria, all other Ford model years had outside opening trunks. The Victoria ran for only five years 30-34. The name was used again during the Fifty's by Ford on specific models. Once again later as their top-of-the-line Crown Victoria.

The body is sitting on a boat frame I had that has a makeshift auto frame on it, ready for me to have it chemically dipped. This will strip off 4 layers of lacquer paint and rust before starting the actual body work. Doors and fenders are already cleaned, ready for their next phase. You'd think I would have been further along than this, BUT, what else do I have to do?!?

Again, sorry for this post. I just couldn't help myself in responding to a valid question as to why FOTRSU has become popular.

The continued hard work of guys like propbeanie and s7rikeback is the only answer!
Hey...

Nice, wouldn't mind seeing more updates as the restore goes forward... nor of seeing the finished restore project.

I... really am glad you did an answer to that about why FotRS was (to quote fastfed) 'the big cheese'...

The mods in question, were done some time back & as you pointed out, not kept up with any more.

Quote:
I like... & very much so, appreciate the FotRS' team, for their continued work on it... a tip o' the hat to y'all.

Glad to know you're avoiding the nasty beer buggery mess, Hope you had a good Christmas, & May 2021 be a (hopefully safe, healthy & better than 2020 was) better New Year... to you & yours CapnScurvy, a belated Happy New Year....

All the best to you, CapnScurvy...

Gute jagd, ihr himmelhunde

M. M.

Old 01-04-21, 07:48 PM   #2488
propbeanie

@ CapnScurvy: As you know, the pace is not the important part. It's kind of like fishing, and you are NOT in a competition. This is for relaxation. So cast the bait out every once in a while, slow crank it back in... cast again. lather rinse repeat. Have fun with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
AFAIK the only corvette type in FotRS:UE is the Corvette Subchaser class, which I mentioned in my post above. At least, it's the only thing I ever run into with Corvette in its name.

FWIW, I am out on my 2nd patrol and have had some dud torps since the last post. Even a full sub-load of fish isn't necessarily a useful sample size.

So far they are the expected type of duds: either the magnetic influence fuse simply doesn't work (or maybe the torp ran too deep), or the contact fuse doesn't work.
There is the Subchaser, and there is the "Old Corvette"... I have run through all of the Type=1 vessels though anyway, nothing found in them. I have also run several scenarios with all of the Type=1 vessels, and have not found issues. The Type A1 also seems fine, and sinks with one hit, if you get it in the right spot. It can see periscopes just as well as a DD, and will shoot torpedoes at you if you're in close enough and leave the scope up too long, as well as using the deck gun to shoot at you... We'll keep re-visiting this though, just to make certain. As happens far too often with the game and any mod, it can take the modders much longer to replicate what some players find in one day of using the mod... - Keep the reports coming!

Old 01-04-21, 08:55 PM   #2489
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 244

Quote:

ok cool, thanks
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 10:27 AM   #2490
Captain Dave
Officer

Downloads: 398
Uploads: 3

CapnScurvy. Nice vehicle. Having owned a '47 GMC for years, I can appreciate the work you'll be doing. Although tedious at times, keep picturing the final result.