Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-29-20, 01:03 PM   #811
yazoon
Nub

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
radar Hello

Hi All I’m Yazoon from Dublin Ireland , I have been in and around Subsim for a while but have never posted before, I would like to say a big thank you for this fantastic site, it’s a go to for everything Submarine
yazoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 01:12 PM   #812
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard! an' keep on puffin' BBY!

yazoon! Love Guinness and Jamisons when in Dublin and My daughter <at the cliffs of Moher-Puffin capitol of world! did a semester in Galway where my Irish born SeaHawks Rugby Captain, an old Shamrock, retired. I'll visit again hopefully when airtravel is safe again!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 01:23 PM   #813
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim yazoon

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 01:09 AM   #814
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 1
Default Ahoy Kaleuns

Name: Ross

I grew up in the SF Bay Area. I have lived in about 6 different states but now call Minnesota home. I am a Marine Corps veteran, retired electronic engineer, amature astronomer, a writer and I play the bagpipes! Yes, I am a proud Scot and can trace lineage to about 4 Clans. I found Subsim with cryptic search: ‘sub simulators and forums’.

I served in the Marines as an avionics technician repairing communications, navigational aids, and radar for the A-6E, F-4J and A-4M aircraft. I used my GI Bill to get my degree and worked as a design engineer for about 38 years. I took retirement a few years back and I’m finally doing all the things I didn’t have time for when I was working.

I’ve always had a love of naval combat sims. I think my first was ‘Silent Service’ and ‘Task Force 1942’, Harpoon and I still play ‘Jane’s 688I’ and ‘Fast Attack’. Some of my other favorites are ‘Total War 2: Medieval’, the Close Combat series and the Wargame series.

I have done a considerable amount of sailing. In the early ‘80s, I started the course work to get my sailing master license. I took the Coast Guard Auxiliary inland waterway navigation, dead reckoning and navigation courses. Though I finished the required classroom and field work, I never took the final exam. I loved the courses and learning to read charts using the tools and especially the sextant. My dad and I sailed from SF bay to LA on a 35ft Yawl and I navigated. We made it without falling off the edge of the world! I have salt in my blood and I think I come by it honestly. My father retired a Senior Chief Machinist Mate and always considered himself Destroyer Sailor. He had some interesting tails of playing cat and mouse with Soviet subs in the 50s and 60’s!

Right now I’m in deep with SH5. I really like the immersion factor and all the other intricate details. One of the hot topics in the forums is realism. I’ve started a routine that really brings the sims to life: I write bios on all my captains. I’ve been a writer for years and right now, mostly short stories. I found that my personal, after action reports and patrol logs were getting rather large so I decided to start saving them as RTF docs. Writing a bio just kind of happened. I composed bios for all my captains now. Maybe I can start collections of stories for some interesting reading!

I’m glad I found this community for the fellowship and wealth of knowledge and experience offered!
Old 07-30-20, 06:47 AM   #815
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Welcome Ross to SubSim!
And also thank you for your service!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 12:51 PM   #816
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard! #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
Name: Ross

I grew up in the SF Bay Area... but now call Minnesota home.
Whereas I grew up in Minnesota and moved to the Bay area in '69! ie: The frigid wasteland and mosquitos vs earthquakes and fire infernos....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-30-20 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-31-20, 04:15 AM   #817
Tenebrae
Watch

Downloads: 94

Pedro, 37, from the UK.

I have been around SH titles since 96 even though at the time I had no idea what I was doing. Played them all until I bought SH5 day one and was extremely disappointed...After a 10 year hiatus (more or less lurking in the depths of the forum too) I have decided to re-surface the boat and fortunately found TWoS for it...been enjoying it for a while now.

Anyway hi friendly community, good to be around.
Old 07-31-20, 04:25 AM   #818
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Good day Pedro! Glad you went up to surface now..to check out a bit. SubSim with its good mood as you say. That's a real statement!

Marie Curie

Old 07-31-20, 10:36 AM   #819
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome back!

Tenebrae! I see the infamous seven-year-itch has struck again. Nice silent run since '13!..? U certainly were "overdue from patrol"!!

Old 07-31-20, 01:55 PM   #820
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome back Pedro

Old 08-05-20, 04:11 AM   #821
Fritzdanger
Nub

Downloads: 4
gear hallo

I want to say hallo, My name is Ole from Denmark, been on the site for some years, but never posted anything, Iam surprised to see so many mods for the game SH5, very good
Fritzdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 04:51 AM   #822
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Default Good day Ole!

Welcome back to SubSim! After some few years in periscope mode.

Marie Curie

Old 08-05-20, 01:33 PM   #823
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome to SubSim Ole

Old 08-05-20, 06:44 PM   #824
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzdanger View Post
I want to say hallo, My name is Ole from Denmark, been on the site for some years, but never posted anything, Iam surprised to see so many mods for the game SH5, very good
Fritzdanger! Once again the infamous seven-year-itch strikes again! Nice silent run!

Old 08-07-20, 04:04 AM   #825
Benutzername2334
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8
Icon14 hallo

hello .I'm lukas von deutschlend and i'm glad that there is such a large community at submarin games.
Benutzername2334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intro, introduction