SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-21, 01:03 PM   #841
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Sounds more like realistic vs. it not working to me.
"Herr Kaleun! Our snorkel has inhaled sea water, which has caused the port engine to seize!!! The U-Boat is filled with exhaust fumes and half of the crew is in the head, attempting a mass vomitting! Also Herr Kaleun, a little something for the back of your mind (no, it's not Bernard, sir), but airplanes are swarming our area. Were we not told by BdU that our snorkel would be invisible?..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomSubRat View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the savefile, objective code=T2_Shetlands. I reloaded a couple of times and tried to wait and finish patrol in july. Didnt work. I also loaded earlier save and got to Kiel before june and it kinda worked. It's 20th of may, i can start next mission (yay) but they send me and my cute,little boat to scout Perth (boo).Also, the mission briefing is in french. I'm running vanilla DW without any additional mods.
You should not have an issue with the Shetlands mission. I'll look through those here in a bit. A South Perth assignment means that the game is "falling through" and not catching an assignment at all, with the Perth assignment being a "fail safe" for the game. If the game does its "logic" correctly, it should assign you a IIC effective June 15, 1940, and then send you out... I'll look at the IIC assignments for May-June, and see what those show. Should be the same basic assignments, other than maybe a Western Approaches assignment for movement to Lorient...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:27 PM   #842
propbeanie

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the savefile, objective code=T2_Shetlands. I reloaded a couple of times and tried to wait and finish patrol in july. Didnt work. I also loaded earlier save and got to Kiel before june and it kinda worked. It's 20th of may, i can start next mission (yay) but they send me and my cute,little boat to scout Perth (boo).Also, the mission briefing is in french. I'm running vanilla DW without any additional mods.
Also, should have had you check the line "PlayerCurrentObjectives=IDxxx" with the "xxx" being a number, whether 1, 2, or 3 digits in length, if you could supply that from the latest Save, going by the date / time stamp, and also the one or two folders prior to that, going by date / time stamp, such that you have two or three Objective IDs that I can possibly trace and look at...

Old 02-04-21, 02:37 AM   #843
RandomSubRat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Broken Patrol

Patrol Start

PatrolStartDateTime=1940-04-10 14:29:48
CurrentDate=1940-04-10 14:29:48
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=T2_Shetlands
PlayerDefaultObjectives=ID1
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID557

Save at the end of the patrol before docking

CurrentDate=1940-05-28 17:41:43
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID1

"Australian" save (started patrol, moved out of port and saved)

PatrolStartDateTime=1940-06-03 11:41:43
CurrentDate=1940-06-03 11:41:43

Prievous Patrol

Patrol Start

PatrolStartDateTime=1940-01-29 11:56:56
CurrentDate=1940-01-29 11:56:56
PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode=NorthSea
PlayerCurrentObjectives=ID217

Save before docking

CurrentDate=1940-03-29 11:56:56
RandomSubRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 11:39 AM   #844
propbeanie

Quote:
Broken Patrol

Patrol Start

CurrentDate=1940-04-10 14:29:48

Save at the end of the patrol before docking

CurrentDate=1940-05-28 17:41:43

"Australian" save (started patrol, moved out of port and saved)

PatrolStartDateTime=1940-06-03 11:41:43
CurrentDate=1940-06-03 11:41:43

Prievous Patrol

Patrol Start

CurrentDate=1940-01-29 11:56:56

Save before docking

CurrentDate=1940-03-29 11:56:56
Notice as you are coming in toward the home port, after your Primary Objective is completed (orange text), that you have an ID1 assigned? That is the default "fail safe" assignment on the German side, much like the US side uses an East China Sea assignment. This points to at least one of the T2_Shetland assignments not being configured correctly, which narrows the realms of possibilities down... I thought sure it would be one of the North Sea assignments... lol - if you feel adventurous, you could make a back-up of the entire Save folder, and put it somewhere outside of the Users / UserName folder for safe-keeping, a just-in-case scenario, and then edit a couple of the Saves, those being the two with the erroneous "ID1" in them, and change that number to something "T2_Shetland" related, but not something you have already done... but which is the bad one?... I'll get back with you shortly, if I find which one.

Old 02-04-21, 12:40 PM   #845
RandomSubRat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Fixed it!!

Thanks for all the help, you are my heroes!

So, i made a back up copy of the save folder, launched the game, loaded the last working save (before docking and getting the Australia assignment) and continued the patrol untill 17.06.1940. Then i saved again before docking and this time the game actually gave me a choice to retire or get IIC. I took the boat and was given again Perth assignment. I began the patrol, saved, quit the game, went to the save folder, deleted everything but the last 4 saves (save before docking, both autosaves and the australian one). In all of those saves default objective and current objective were ID1. I edited each of the saves to the following:

and this time i finally got the regular assignment to patrol north of Isles. Seems like everything is working as intended now. Once again, thanks for all the help i got from you and, most importantly, for saving brave, little U-9 and her crew.

PS. I also spent some time trying to get the "Error: objective not found" again but with no success. I have no idea how i got this one.
RandomSubRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 02:17 PM   #846
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i believe the snorkel works...for the engines only.
it will not supply O2 to the crew.
i have not used the snorkel in a very long time so i cannot remember any details.
why do you think it does not work?
I recalled something along these lines from the first time I played SH4 (back when lurker released the first version of Ops Monsoon). I thought maybe someone found a workaround for the crew-O2 maybe.
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 03:39 PM   #847
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
I recalled something along these lines from the first time I played SH4 (back when lurker released the first version of Ops Monsoon). I thought maybe someone found a workaround for the crew-O2 maybe.
we wish.

that is buried...somewhere deep in an ACT or possibly in a DLL.

it's possible that someone in the community knows where that O2 code resides but there are still NDA's involved and, while we can and have modified the .MIS and .UPC et.al., modifying the other files is strictly forbidden.

what can one do?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 12:23 PM   #848
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
we wish.

that is buried...somewhere deep in an ACT or possibly in a DLL.

it's possible that someone in the community knows where that O2 code resides but there are still NDA's involved and, while we can and have modified the .MIS and .UPC et.al., modifying the other files is strictly forbidden.

what can one do?

So much only, ofc. so Ubi still won't give it away... Listen, I was trying on a synopsis of various ways to play a uboat (here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...04#post2727604).
It came up that Dark Waters had issues with progressing through boats? i.e. start in Type II, stick with Type II - basically?
Old 02-05-21, 01:10 PM   #849
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
Listen, I was trying on a synopsis of various ways to play a uboat (here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...04#post2727604).
It came up that Dark Waters had issues with progressing through boats? i.e. start in Type II, stick with Type II - basically?
DW does not follow the same career model as does the US Career.
the DW model is to play as Kaleun of a particular Type of Uboat until you are killed or your boat is retired. then you are expected to start another career with a different boat type.

Now....having said that, it IS possible for a Kaleun to offered an upgrade from one boat to another, especially late in the was when the newer-Type Uboats become available. Take care though, migrating from a Type 9 to a Type 21 is a huge change from an ocean-going marauder to a boat with two torpedos.

and that is how it works, more-or-less.
when i want to drive a German Uboat, i play DW and no longer play German Stock or Op Monsun or even SH3.

good luck, Herr Kaleun!

LAA enabled
Old 02-05-21, 01:22 PM   #850
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
DW does not follow the same career model as does the US Career.
the DW model is to play as Kaleun of a particular Type of Uboat until you are killed or your boat is retired. then you are expected to start another career with a different boat type.

Now....having said that, it IS possible for a Kaleun to offered an upgrade from one boat to another, especially late in the was when the newer-Type Uboats become available. Take care though, migrating from a Type 9 to a Type 21 is a huge change from an ocean-going marauder to a boat with two torpedos.

and that is how it works, more-or-less.
when i want to drive a German Uboat, i play DW and no longer play German Stock or Op Monsun or even SH3.

good luck, Herr Kaleun!

Thanks for clearing that up. Contrary to SH5 you have the option to chose your boat - I can live with that, although I personally always liked to start in Type II, get promoted to 7, rebase to Pengnang (Type 9) etc.
Old 02-09-21, 10:35 PM   #851
Tucker
Seaman

Default German TDC Help

Hey yall, this is probably really dumb but is there a tutorial, either something written or a video I could get my hands on to explain the updated TDC for the Uboats? The original OM mod used the base German TDC where you could take the range, determine AOB, and speed which once input would get you a firing solution. This seems to have disappeared, which is ok, but now I am lost with how to even get the range let alone input it into the solution. It might be I am just too dumb to figure it out but if anyone has some tips or better yet a tutorial of some kind I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks yall
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 11:09 PM   #852
propbeanie

I thought we had put a pdf in the files for Fifi, but I don't see one in my install, so... there is an "OM Plot V410 Readme.doc" file in the Support folder that should help somewhat. Not a video, but...

Old 02-11-21, 03:04 AM   #853
RussianDude
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Default Contact report missions.

Hey, so when I report about a convoy, the responce from BDU is on French. Even though, i kinda understand what it says, it's still not very comfortable for me. Can this be fixed, or maybe it's a game issue?
RussianDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 10:04 AM   #854
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianDude View Post
Hey, so when I report about a convoy, the responce from BDU is on French. Even though, i kinda understand what it says, it's still not very comfortable for me. Can this be fixed, or maybe it's a game issue?
Hello RussianDude,

What is your mod list? if you are using JSGME (and i hope you are), please send the Task-Export Mod List-To Clipboard.

LAA enabled
Old 02-11-21, 12:07 PM   #855
Tucker
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I thought we had put a pdf in the files for Fifi, but I don't see one in my install, so... there is an "OM Plot V410 Readme.doc" file in the Support folder that should help somewhat. Not a video, but...
Thanks for the response, the OM Plot V410 Readme.doc will hopefully work. I will read it ASAP, and I guess if I have any further questions I will let yall know. Haha
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote