SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-16, 12:40 AM   #31
Wise
Engineer

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Hi, Frog!
I am glad that you had liked my modest corrective into your excellent work.) Your destroyers are fine! I edited them for myself only a little.
1. Portholes are new. Of course, I needed to squeeze out them inwards hull, as was on real destroyers. But it would take more time + essential increase in polygonal load + considerable transformation of mesh. I didn't want to interfere in structure of the hull and have decided to be limited to small forces.)
2. Frankly speaking, I don't remember from where I have such smoke and fire (i.e., I don't remember what it mod). But, besides, I edited file NDD_J. zon. And also, perhaps, it is optical deception.) I have seized the moment of explosion and break of the ship and have pressed the Pause button. Maybe, I have stopped game when flash of fire at the time of explosion not have time to extinguished or, on the contrary, completely to be developed.)
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 03:28 AM   #32
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17

Hello Wise,

right, the portholes should acutally be, well, holes ... it tried this with another hull but because of the huge increase in the polygon count and problems with smoothing of the hull lines I gave up on that idea. Placing the portholes on the hull, I think, is an acceptable compromise.

I did those destroyers more that 4 years ago. It is nice to see that some people still like the models enough to work on them.

Thanks.
the_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 02:33 PM   #33
U301
Officer

Downloads: 782

A great mod!
Many thanks.
KUrtz
U301 is offline   Reply With Quote