SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-21, 06:20 AM   #1
BattleRabbit
Watch

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0
Default Game seems hazy / bright / fuzzy

Hi all,

Spun up SH4 after a long stint of play GWX and found that everything seems a bit hazy and bright, stuff like uniforms being blinding and fuzzy. Just feels a bit off.

I've tried playing around with the settings, but couldn't get it to look right.

Is this normal SH4 or am I doing something wrong.

Cheers
BattleRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 01:50 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It's that hot, Pacific sun!... but seriously, the game is kind of over-exposed, over-saturated, old "movie" style graphics. You can improve things a bit with your graphics card's display control, but you could also try to decrease the gamma in the Options - Graphic Settings menu. Don't move it much to the left though, else it will be dark all of the time. Someone else might remember the "fuzzy filter", but I don't...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 08:39 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It's that hot, Pacific sun!... but seriously, the game is kind of over-exposed, over-saturated, old "movie" style graphics. You can improve things a bit with your graphics card's display control, but you could also try to decrease the gamma in the Options - Graphic Settings menu. Don't move it much to the left though, else it will be dark all of the time. Someone else might remember the "fuzzy filter", but I don't...
Might this... be what you were thinking of, propbeanie, ol' chap..?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=114496

M. M.

Old 02-16-21, 10:30 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Nice find MM! The <page 3> Code is the way FOTRS did it, and FotRSU kept it. But yes, the mod was another way to do it... I am not certain that method would still work with the v1.5 of the game, nor if it has any other side effects, but you could always experiment with the one in s7rikeback's collection at Remove Grain Effect.7z Something to remember about either technique, is that neither way reduces the "glare" in the old game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 07:30 AM   #5
BattleRabbit
Watch

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Over-exposed and over-saturated where the words I was looking for. Thanks for the info

Quote:
Nice find MM! The <page 3> Code is the way FOTRS did it, and FotRSU kept it. But yes, the mod was another way to do it... I am not certain that method would still work with the v1.5 of the game, nor if it has any other side effects, but you could always experiment with the one in s7rikeback's collection at Remove Grain Effect.7z Something to remember about either technique, is that neither way reduces the "glare" in the old game
I'm running FotRSU but I'll see what else I can do
BattleRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote