SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-26-19, 12:38 PM   #1
sibiriantiger64
Nub

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0
Default SH4 MED save mission folder

Hallo friends. I play SH4 Fall of the rising sun. I have made a mission with mission editor and save this in SH4/data/single missions/my mission folder. The mission file have a same name like folder. But this mission is not in the game. After that I saved the mission in SH4/mods/FalloftherisingSun_V1.2_SH4V1.5/single missions/my mission. But with the same effect, tere is no mission in game. Please help me. Where must I save the missions from mission editor. Thank you.
sibiriantiger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-19, 02:59 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Look for a mission named "mission title", if you missed the "MissionTitle" section in the Mission Editor "Mission" menu, "Language Locaization". Otherwise, using your examples from above, be certain, as you seem aware, to have the Folder and the file the same exact "name", such as:

Game is in "C:\Games \SH4 \" (whatever your install path). The mission is then "C:\Games \SH4 \Data \SingleMissions \my mission \my mission.mis" - note that there is NO space in SingleMissions, but so long as the folder and the mis file have the same name, spaces are fine. Do note that if your OS is other than Windows, you do need to match upper case and lower case in all "names", including files and folders. I included extra spaces in the hard drive paths above, ahead of the backslashes, so that they can "wrap" on the text display lines of the site.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 04:43 AM   #3
sibiriantiger64
Nub

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

It work! Thank you propbeanie !
Problem was with Mission Name in Language Locaization.
sibiriantiger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 06:06 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Cool! Glad you found it. If you set an Objective in the mission, and you want to make it display the text differently in your mission, you would also use that Language Localization menu. In other words, say you add your Objective, and neglect to rename it, and it then displays as "_ObjectiveName", you can use the Language Localization menu to change it. Select that "_ObjectiveName" in the "Name" column, and then edit it to whatever you want in the right side of the text editor box (don't be too long-winded with it), and then when you run your scenario in the game, what you typed will display on the clipboard of the Captain's Log "Objectives" tab when in the boat.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote