SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?
Mighty Trumpster 30 54.55%
Good ol' Joe 20 36.36%
Ross Perot 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-20, 11:12 PM   #46
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The Electoral College tally reflects the race in each state. If the results are close, there will be a lot of accusations of cheating and fraud.

For example, in 2016 Trump carried Michigan by only 0.3 percent. If Biden narrowly wins Michigan in Nov and that's the state that clinches the 270 he needs, if Trump starts the narrative that the results are not valid, his crowd will follow along. Will they barricade the capital building? I would be be expecting it, they have practice.

Yeah, I am concerned Trump supporters will act like Democrats and it would not shock me if they did. This pandemic has shown how irresponsible they can be.

Ok, be worried then.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 07-30-20, 08:24 AM   #47
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Here we go...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...18160389558273

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53597975
Old 07-30-20, 10:35 AM   #48
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Oh, hell ....
Old 07-30-20, 12:27 PM   #49
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Trump supporters explaining it away in 3...2...1...
Old 07-30-20, 05:21 PM   #50
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

That would be a big dish of Nope with some extra Nope sauce on the side.

Even in the civil war, we had presidential elections.
Old 07-30-20, 06:07 PM   #51
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I think that what he is getting at is that someone could intercept the mail and change the votes so it could support either parties. If not Trump himself orders someone to do it to support him.

That was my concern also, someone could intercept the voting mail and change it, but I am not sure of the precautions the USPS has taken against that, even if the USPS will manage the voters mail.

Either way, Trump is a fascist dictator who fires anyone who speaks against him, he ruins everything with his stupid tweeting.

As a general rule, if you are in some great position of power in the government, such as the President or Vice President, social media should be banned, period.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 08-01-20, 07:50 PM   #52
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

If Biden Gets Mail-In Vote Advantage, Majority of Trump Voters Say They Won't Accept His Win: Poll

https://www.newsweek.com/if-biden-ge...n-poll-1522061

Bear in mind the source, but not surprising.

Quote:
A majority of President Donald Trump's supporters say they won't accept the presidential election results if presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden wins by mail-in ballots, according to a new poll.

According to the poll, among those who intend to vote for Trump, 55 percent say they will not accept the results of the election if Biden wins through mail-in votes, while 21 percent said they would. The remaining 24 percent said they were not sure.

In comparison, among those who intend to vote for Biden, 26 percent say they won't accept a Trump mail-in voting victory. Forty-seven percent of Biden voters say they would accept the results and 27 percent said they weren't sure.

The poll, which was conducted by Yahoo News/YouGov, surveyed 1,506 U.S. adults from July 28 to July 30 and has margin of error of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.
Old 08-01-20, 08:53 PM   #53
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Yeah if Trump wins the mail in ballot expect those numbers to change Neal. No matter how Trump wins in November 2016 shows us that the Democrats are not going to accept the results.

August is online  
Old 08-01-20, 09:08 PM   #54
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
As a general rule, if you are in some great position of power in the government, such as the President or Vice President, social media should be banned, period.

So then how are they supposed to communicate with the American people? Only through private intermediaries like our biased professional news media? Sorry the New York Times and CNN should not get to decide when the President can be heard.

Ever notice how typical Democrat ideas always involve restricting liberty in some way?

August is online  
Old 08-02-20, 10:27 AM   #55
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah if Trump wins the mail in ballot expect those numbers to change Neal. No matter how Trump wins in November 2016 shows us that the Democrats are not going to accept the results.

Yeah, I totally expect you are right. They were pushing impeachment almost as soon as he took office.

If the election is close, it's going to be a mess. If Trump loses by one state, for example, and his team finds real evidence of fraud, which there probably will be some on both sides, that's my worry about him refusing to leave office and about his supporters supporting that. I mean, it's a valid objection, but we've never had anyone push that far. Nixon gave in, in 60, but he was not an incumbent. Same with Gore. I wish they would just flip a coin on national TV, I can live with that better than the mass hysteria from all sides in Nov.
Old 08-02-20, 10:50 AM   #56
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Close down all news media two weeks before the election
News can only come back on after the polls close on the west coast
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-02-20, 11:41 AM   #57
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A proposal

If August is correct in what he told me how this voting by mail is done in USA, wouldn't it then be a good time to chance it.

Your authorities could have a look at how it is done here in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. I presume it's the same in Finland.

Here it's 99-100 % impossible to cheat with these mail in ballot.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 08-02-20, 01:42 PM   #58
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yeah, I totally expect you are right. They were pushing impeachment almost as soon as he took office.

If the election is close, it's going to be a mess. If Trump loses by one state, for example, and his team finds real evidence of fraud, which there probably will be some on both sides, that's my worry about him refusing to leave office and about his supporters supporting that. I mean, it's a valid objection, but we've never had anyone push that far. Nixon gave in, in 60, but he was not an incumbent. Same with Gore. I wish they would just flip a coin on national TV, I can live with that better than the mass hysteria from all sides in Nov.

Gore only gave in because he lost his case. He fought it all the way up to the Supreme Court. I would expect that a close result in November might follow a similar path. There will be court ordered recounts in the state(s) in question, the results will get appealed and the SC will make a final ruling on the dispute long before inaugural day.

August is online  
Old 08-02-20, 02:11 PM   #59
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

That sounds pretty messy and here's me thinking British politics is at an all time high ridiculous level.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-03-20, 08:56 AM   #60
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A proposal

If August is correct in what he told me how this voting by mail is done in USA, wouldn't it then be a good time to chance it.

Your authorities could have a look at how it is done here in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. I presume it's the same in Finland.

Here it's 99-100 % impossible to cheat with these mail in ballot.

Markus

If it were up to me, the secret ballot voting thing would be tossed like the trash it is. Every qualified, legal citizen with a Social Security number could vote in person, by mail, online, whatever. The votes would be accessible online by anyone, any time. I make my choices, I own up to them. If I want to see my vote and make sure it is accurately recorded, I can just look it up. If I want to know how Tina Fey or Peyton Manning or Joe Blow voted, that's right there.

If someone says "hey, some voter fraud, blah blah," We can say, "Oh yeah? Where?" You, me, the govt, Tea Party, local steelworkers union, etc, anyone who wants to confirm can check it.

Election results would be error free, 100% verifiable.
Closed Thread