SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-09, 06:15 PM   #91
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
@Makman
Well, to know what to expect....
Phase 1 (should be ready tomorrow, I'll post it as beta test :P): TDC to AP screen
Phase 2: Torpedo Settings and fire control to AP screen
Phase 3: Make the peri a bit smaller and replace the markings file, background and depth meter
Phase 4: Ujagd tool in AP screen (I'll also keep the stadimeter but only for visual refference)
Phase 5: Ship Lenghts in recognition manual
Phase 6: Uzo Screen
Phase 7: Obs Scope Screen

Right now I'm adding shadows to the dials... reaaally hard but it's worth the effort.
i will agree with Hitman ...tdc on right (i know it is a...pain but you...asked! )
if you want any help with images i can give a shot for you if you like (i have never 'messed' with menu_ini of sh4 so i am not in position to offer help at this)
nice that you will include the u-jagd tools !! and of course all the others features are more than wellcome ! but why do you want to make the peri smaller ?
of course you can count on me as a tester

ps: a question for you and Carotio : do you believe that this idea for the tdc toggle button can work also in my dragable tdc panel for sh3 ??

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:26 PM   #92
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

No idea. I have not worked on the menu_1024 file for about 1½ year, so I have to get back "into it" again. But maybe. Only one way to find out. To try it out...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:41 PM   #93
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
No idea. I have not worked on the menu_1024 file for about 1½ year, so I have to get back "into it" again. But maybe. Only one way to find out. To try it out...
thats exactly my 'problem' also Carotio. i have also about 1 year to 'mess' with menu_ini of sh3 and have the same need also!
anyway, for sure i will give it a try!
thank you for 'sharing' with us your 'discovery'

Old 10-07-09, 06:46 PM   #94
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Well.... did you just say dragable tdc? Is it placed in the G3F page? If so, then you only need to add a button (or a checkbox) item and link it in the commands_en.cfg file. However you'll hit the same problem as I did. You'll need to make sure that no other item in the game can toggle the autoupdate because the graphic will no longer be linked to the correct status (just hide the button on the attack map). If it's not in the G3F screen, then yes you'll need to emulate it as a dial, and yes, you'll still have that problem.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 06:51 PM   #95
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Well.... did you just say dragable tdc? Is it placed in the G3F page? If so, then you only need to add a button (or a checkbox) item and link it in the commands_en.cfg file. However you'll hit the same problem as I did. You'll need to make sure that no other item in the game can toggle the autoupdate because the graphic will no longer be linked to the correct status (just hide the button on the attack map). If it's not in the G3F screen, then yes you'll need to emulate it as a dial, and yes, you'll still have that problem.
xmm, the button is ON the tdc panel (currently i have only send it off screen 'messing' with its position)
yes, the tdc is placed on g3f but this can be changed easily if problem is there
my question is if a dragable button can work with this idea

Old 10-07-09, 07:00 PM   #96
karamazovnew
The Old Man

You can't have a draggable button. To drag it you must click it .
Let me see. You have a draggable item that also needs to control other items... So the draggable item must be the parent of all the other items. But you must still be able to click the other items, which becomes impossible since they're all "beneath" the parent. SO.
1.Make a big menu group as big as the screen
2.Make a Static Bmp Array item (or a Button). It must be draggable, so it needs to be BmpState=1, Needsfocus=true, Drag=true. This item will be your "handle" so put in a suggestive image.
3.Make another group and parent it to the "handle". But they must not intersect (ok they can intersect, but the part that intersects will move the tdc, you can't click "through" it).
4.Insert all the other items, including your autotdc button in the group you made at step 3.

In this way, you can only move the tdc if you click on the handle (so it becomes impossible to move the handle offscreen on the handle side, similar to how the notepad hides in SH4). I suggest you place the handle below the TDC so you can move it anywhere left to right and hide it at the top of the screen. To set the initial position of the TDC on the screen, you need to move the group at step 1 (easier to move than the handle). To move the TDC in relation to the handle, you only need to move the group at step 3. That should make it easy to place for you.

Last edited by karamazovnew; 10-07-09 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-07-09, 07:22 PM   #97
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
You can't have a draggable button. To drag it you must click it .
Let me see. You have a draggable item that also needs to control other items... So the draggable item must be the parent of all the other items. But you must still be able to click the other items, which becomes impossible since they're all "beneath" the parent. SO.
1.Make a big menu group as big as the screen
2.Make a Static Bmp Array item (or a Button). It must be draggable, so it needs to be BmpState=1, Needsfocus=true, Drag=true. This item will be your "handle" so put in a suggestive image.
3.Make another group and parent it to the "handle". But they must not intersect (ok they can intersect, but the part that intersects will move the tdc, you can't click "through" it).
4.Insert all the other items, including your autotdc button in the group you made at step 3.

In this way, you can only move the tdc if you click on the handle (so it becomes impossible to move the handle offscreen on the handle side, similar to how the notepad hides in SH4). I suggest you place the handle below the TDC so you can move it anywhere left to right and hide it on the top of the screen. To set the initial position of the TDC on the screen, you need to move the group at step 1 (easier to move than the handle). To move the TDC in relation to the handle, you only need to move the group at step 3. That should make it easy to place for you.

oh....yes!!
looks brilliant Karamazovnew !!!

i will try it ASAP !!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!

Old 10-15-09, 03:42 AM   #98
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Boy I sure took my sweet time . I'm so lazy that I sometimes wonder when I'll just decide to stop breathing air . Anyway, the tdc panel is finished at last, so I'm releasing it as an alpha version. All you need is OM715+OMEGUv210+Hotfix3. Enable my mod after them.

Download link for : http://www.filefront.com/14726049/KiUB_alpha_1.0.zip

This mod will transform the notepad on the Attack Periscope into DIAL NIRVANA . There are only NEW items, all the old ones sit nicely under them, invisible and unclickable. The autotdc update button sure fought with me for a while but it finnaly gave in, so now it works. Just press the green bulb, but not exatcly on it's center (if the color doesn't change, the autoupdate will not toggle) . Normally it should be green for ON and red for OFF. If it gets desyncronised that means that you've pressed the Autoupdate button on the attack map and forgot to switch it back, just press the button on the attack map page once to fix it .

What was left? Ah yes, I'll change the handles for hiding/showing the panels after I finish the torpedo panel. The images have not been photoshoped yet, I've just asembled and cropped them. All contrast/hue/scratches stuff will be done just before I release the final version.
You can integrate this into any mod you want, but please remember that it's not yet finished. This mod contains 2 very important files, menu_1024_768.ini and dials.cfg that are only compatible with the latest OMEGU. I've named everything on the AP page but all you need to do to adapt it to vanilla is copy the entire G26 section and paste it over your file, then delete all of FLB Sale's items since you won't have some files needed (don't worry they are the last items in the page, and clearly marked, you won't need to renumber anything). Then paste all my dials onto your dials.cfg file and renumber them correctly. If you can't manage that, you'll have to wait for the final version. I'll make one for each major interface (RFB,TMO,Vanilla) if requested. However I hope to make this good enough for Lurker to integrate it into his mod so I don't need to update it on every change

I had expected the torpedo panel to be ready now but an ugly cold and bronchitis combination prevented me from doing much work. Next alpha version will be up at the end of next week, I hope

Last edited by karamazovnew; 10-15-09 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-15-09, 06:54 AM   #99
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
However I hope to make this good enough for Lurker to integrate it into his mod so I don't need to update it on every change
I've downloaded the mod an will do a "integration" check. I've been sitting on my next version of OMEGU waiting for this mod. Will report back later today

Lurker
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 08:22 AM   #100
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Looks excellent, downloading now

One "realism" suggestion: In the real TDC the light that indicated wether it was set to autoupdate with the movement of the scope/uzo or free from them and able to receive manual inputs in the dials was BLUE, and it was lit when the TDC was NOT coupled to the scope/uzo, i.e. when it accepted manual input on the dials. When coupled to scope/uzo, the light was off.

Oh, and I liked the original Papenberg (periscope level indicator) better than this new one, as it matched the pictures from real U-Boats I've seen. It's a matter of personal taste, though
Old 10-15-09, 08:41 AM   #101
jimbob
Ensign

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 6

Oh Lawdy Sweet Jebus !

This one gotta be seen in game.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 12:42 PM   #102
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Looks excellent, downloading now
Oh, and I liked the original Papenberg (periscope level indicator) better than this new one, as it matched the pictures from real U-Boats I've seen. It's a matter of personal taste, though
Tell it to Lurker, not to me, I haven't touched any existing items .
About the colors of the autoupdate, will do, but for now, you can photoshop the thing in TDC_parts.tga. It's the 2 bulbs at the bottom of the immage, one in each corner (not the ones at the top right of the image). Desaturate the left one and change the hue on the other.
Old 10-15-09, 01:57 PM   #103
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
you can photoshop the thing in TDC_parts.tga
LOL already did that, I just mentioned it for future releases
Old 10-17-09, 05:06 PM   #104
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Boy I sure took my sweet time . I'm so lazy that I sometimes wonder when I'll just decide to stop breathing air . Anyway, the tdc panel is finished at last, so I'm releasing it as an alpha version. All you need is OM715+OMEGUv210+Hotfix3. Enable my mod after them.

Download link for : http://www.filefront.com/14726049/KiUB_alpha_1.0.zip

This mod will transform the notepad on the Attack Periscope into DIAL NIRVANA . There are only NEW items, all the old ones sit nicely under them, invisible and unclickable. The autotdc update button sure fought with me for a while but it finnaly gave in, so now it works. Just press the green bulb, but not exatcly on it's center (if the color doesn't change, the autoupdate will not toggle) . Normally it should be green for ON and red for OFF. If it gets desyncronised that means that you've pressed the Autoupdate button on the attack map and forgot to switch it back, just press the button on the attack map page once to fix it .

What was left? Ah yes, I'll change the handles for hiding/showing the panels after I finish the torpedo panel. The images have not been photoshoped yet, I've just asembled and cropped them. All contrast/hue/scratches stuff will be done just before I release the final version.
You can integrate this into any mod you want, but please remember that it's not yet finished. This mod contains 2 very important files, menu_1024_768.ini and dials.cfg that are only compatible with the latest OMEGU. I've named everything on the AP page but all you need to do to adapt it to vanilla is copy the entire G26 section and paste it over your file, then delete all of FLB Sale's items since you won't have some files needed (don't worry they are the last items in the page, and clearly marked, you won't need to renumber anything). Then paste all my dials onto your dials.cfg file and renumber them correctly. If you can't manage that, you'll have to wait for the final version. I'll make one for each major interface (RFB,TMO,Vanilla) if requested. However I hope to make this good enough for Lurker to integrate it into his mod so I don't need to update it on every change

I had expected the torpedo panel to be ready now but an ugly cold and bronchitis combination prevented me from doing much work. Next alpha version will be up at the end of next week, I hope
Karamazovnew.....''torpedo impact'' !! it is absolutelly beautyfull !!
(i would like it even darker ....but thats ok...tastes...) .i haven't test it yet...(only played around a little bit with it) but it will be for sure the 'MUST' mod for u-boats when it finished!! definetely a mod that puts u-boats to a higher level....congratulations sir !

Old 10-17-09, 09:29 PM   #105
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Thank you! Take care of that bronchitis.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote