Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-20, 10:28 AM   #1
Eaglebow
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Liu Doctrine for RA

Hi all,

Would it be possible to adapt Liu Doctrine for RA ( 1.47 and +)?

I'd love to play it

Thx all for replies ^^

Good Hunt
Eaglebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 10:48 AM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Definitely possible! Someone just has to do the work haha. There's two ways to do it: 1) quick and dirty so that the campaign actually plays in RA without crashing and 2) intensive re-tuning to make it not just play in RA but be enjoyable and compelling.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 01:57 PM   #3
Eaglebow
Swabbie

Thx Chazly

I really hope that someone (or a team) will do that.

I need an advise: what campaign is worth playing for RA? ( in terms of complexity, scenarii, supense)

Thx
Old 03-18-20, 02:16 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Eaglebow!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 04:28 PM   #5
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebow View Post

I need an advise: what campaign is worth playing for RA? ( in terms of complexity, scenarii, supense)

Thx
I've been current with RA since RA 1.37. You should understand what RA is.
Its a very bold Mod of DW that was originally (and still is) focused on Multiplayer. Meaning, national views aside, all of the platforms tend to be equally weighted for multiplayer game play (think World Of Warships). This is important if you want to play the stand-alone game on your own, RA wasn't designed for this type of game play (unless you've been playing DW for a long, long time).

On the other hand, RA looks GREAT and if you're into WoW using modern equipment, just find a server where they play it.

Being as un-biased as I can, if you're new to playing Dangerous Waters, learn to play and enjoy the stock game first. It was difficult even when it was new and there were a lot of things you had to learn and try for yourself. In the case of RA, I'm still not 100% sure of what the mod team wants to do or what their final goal for the mod and its game-play is.

Once the stock game gets old, try some of the old add-on missions and campaigns you can download here (in the Downloads section) or at Bill Nichol's Subguru.com web site. Just be careful and make sure you read the description for each download, some downloads require the LWAMI mod (which I'll get into in a second) or some of the older DW mods which can be very hard to find (mostly because they didn't work out).

LWAMI is available here in the downloads section in two versions, go with the latest one if you want to try it. LWAMI added some newer graphics and was also set up to make multiplayer a better experience, but it does it in a way that's different from RA so single-player mode is still enjoyable.

To be clear, I'm not "busting" on RA. RA is what it is and the RA team have put a lot of (on-going) work into it which I appreciate.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 05:48 AM   #6
Eaglebow
Swabbie

Thx ET2SN for your detailled reply

I do multi with friends sometimes but for now i am not sure about keeping RA or installing LWAMI
Old 03-19-20, 01:02 PM   #7
Eaglebow
Swabbie

Another question about RA : which sub do you prefer, Seawolf or Virginia?

Thx
Old 03-19-20, 05:46 PM   #8
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

I was able to play the game for real from 1987 to 1993, so I don't play DW like most people.
I started out on one of the last US diesel boats in Japan and then went to a 688 in Hawaii. So, for basic goofing around I'll stick with the 688(i) or I'll play around with the Japanese diesel boat (Japan based their real boat off the boat I was on) but its also fun to drive a 637 class or one of the "red team" subs.

I've been thinking of a way to express this, with RA the platform you choose almost doesn't matter. There is no singular advantage but all platforms have their own disadvantage(s). So, find a class of sub or ship that interests you and give it a try.

What's great about DW, there isn't one "right" way to play the game.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-20, 07:37 AM   #9
Eaglebow
Swabbie

Thx for this good reply